Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Breakfast

What's Hot

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Just changed my diet so recently it's Porridge with a little maple syrup and raisins chucked in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Muesli and an espresso.

Except when staying in a hotel - this morning for example was fried noodles, Chinese dumplings, two bowls of fresh fruit and a yogurt.  And of course some coffee - did I mention breakfast *always* requires coffee?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Hmmm making me hungry....
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    Porridge with almond milk, chia seeds and peanut butter!
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Weekdays it's been the same for about 10 years,  2 bagels and a fresh coffee,  that sees me through work until around 4 then I'll have a small ham and red pepper sammich. 

weekends it's 2 soft boiled eggs from me mates allotment with as much toast as it needs.  and coffee, lots of lovely coffee. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    Porridge most days, even in summer.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4704

Weekdays just a freshly ground black coffee. Saturday an omelette.  Sunday varies.
  • Nabokovs_MonkeyNabokovs_Monkey Frets: 18
    edited October 2016
    Smoothie made of banana, avocado, oats, brazil buts, cashew nuts, chia seeds, blueberries, peanut butter, ice and rice milk. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Two pain au chocolat, a glass of fruit juice (Innocent Apple & Berries) and a six-cup Moka's worth of coffee.

The rest of the day is less sugary and caffeinated - I can usually still feel the coffee at about 3pm.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • 57Deluxe said:
    Here is my recipe for Quick-Cook -  MICROWAVE -  Full English:

No Bacon in fridge? No worries - if you have some ham slices they will Mwave to crispy bacon if you give them 30 secs +. So wang some in  a covered Mwave container for your preferred level of browning, then add some Tin Toms or fresh toms and Baked Beans. Put some toast under grill/toaster, kettle on, and if you have a little Mwave egg cooker (99p in Wilko) you can do eggs in MW as well! Pierce egg yolk with a sharp tip to prevent explosion and give it  - LITERALLY -  23 secs full power.

Season and or garnish(!) with Worcester Sauce or Brown Sauce and SnP

Result is Eggs, Bacon, Toms, B Beans. Toast and Tea in under 3 mins and NOT FAT and NO washing up!
    I will be trying this. Don't let me down...
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    A banana and a Nutri Grain bar on weekdays, with sometimes a McD Sausage and Egg McMuffin on Fridays as a 'treat' (fuck you they're amazing)
    At weekends, a bowl of porridge with syrup (no milk), or a bowl of Shredded Wheat, Alpen or other muesli based cereal.

Haven't had a fry up in well over a year - this needs to change.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    When I was in hospital last week, I was given a bowl of Rice Krispies as part of my breakfast.  I don't see how Rice Krispies could have any food content or benefit if it were not for the milk added [I did not add sugar as I expect it already has lots].  Most cereals, cornflakes and their variants, shredded wheat and variants etc. are probably little better than cutting up the box they came in and eating that.  Porridge is the only cereal worth eating.  And it is easy to cook, 3 minutes in a microwave as per the instructions on the packet.

The traditional grilled bacon [2 slices] and fried eggs [2] and toast will keep you going until lunchtime.  Avoid beans, waffles, tomato, potato wedges, mushrooms and sausages.  The former has very little fat, the latter group has a weeks intake of fats in one meal.  Fried eggs have less fat than scrambled eggs and only marginally more than boiled eggs.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Either a croissant  (need to cut those out!) Or some porridge. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Recently porridge with half a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a level teaspoon of cacao powder. Cook porridge to where it is just slightly less thick than desired, take off heat, add powders and stir until well mixed. Tastes awesome very filling.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    Cereals for me.  Normally Shreddies.   They are at least whole grain - I've weaned myself off of Frosties.  I've weaned myself of off Frosted Shreddies now as well - just have the plain ones.

I do have good intentions about having porridge more often.  It's more hassle and time to do that though.
    Rocker said:
    When I was in hospital last week, I was given a bowl of Rice Krispies as part of my breakfast.  I don't see how Rice Krispies could have any food content or benefit if it were not for the milk added [I did not add sugar as I expect it already has lots].  Most cereals, cornflakes and their variants, shredded wheat and variants etc. are probably little better than cutting up the box they came in and eating that.  Porridge is the only cereal worth eating.  And it is easy to cook, 3 minutes in a microwave as per the instructions on the packet.

The traditional grilled bacon [2 slices] and fried eggs [2] and toast will keep you going until lunchtime.  Avoid beans, waffles, tomato, potato wedges, mushrooms and sausages.  The former has very little fat, the latter group has a weeks intake of fats in one meal.  Fried eggs have less fat than scrambled eggs and only marginally more than boiled eggs.

a few points there....whats wrong with most cereals (at least say shredded wheat and Weetabix) ? I'm not talking about things like frosties and coco pops that are loaded up to the gills with sugar..but these?

And how does a fried egg less have less fat content than a scrambled egg ? Egg fried in fat has less than one that isn't? Ok you add a small amount of milk (semi skimmed o'course) that did get me scratching me head.

Recently porridge with half a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a level teaspoon of cacao powder. Cook porridge to where it is just slightly less thick than desired, take off heat, add powders and stir until well mixed. Tastes awesome very filling.

Sounds good....I dump a scoop of creamy coconut protein powder in and a handful of granola...oh and a small scoop of creatine. Yum. Have this almost daily for the last 2 n half years and never get sick of it.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Double espresso and a Marlboro.

You can take your Granola back to mumsnet with you.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    siraxeman said:
    Rocker said:

a few points there....whats wrong with most cereals (at least say shredded wheat and Weetabix) ? I'm not talking about things like frosties and coco pops that are loaded up to the gills with sugar..but these?

And how does a fried egg less have less fat content than a scrambled egg ? Egg fried in fat has less than one that isn't? Ok you add a small amount of milk (semi skimmed o'course) that did get me scratching me head.

Most packet cereals depend on you adding milk and sugar.  Weetabix and such like might be better than Rice Krispies and cornflakes but not by a big margin.

A fried egg only cooks in the cooking oil.  It does not absorb any fat unless you pour the egg(s) on to the plate.  Use a conventional egg lifter.  The milk scam about semi this or reduced that.  It is chemically treated milk to reduce those component parts.  And you are drinking that!  Use 'full' milk.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I like my breakfast's to be psychedelic.
    My mate Alan does the best ones.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom