Any chance of a new "ignore" feature ...

What's Hot

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Just block SC

The rest of the site is reasonably civil.

I don't read SC and enjoy the site more as a result.
    I don't really understand the distinction between OT and SC, as they are now they may as well be one big section.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Just block SC

The rest of the site is reasonably civil.

I don't really understand the distinction between OT and SC, as they are now they may as well be one big section.
    Just block SC.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm happy with all the content, that's why I come to this website.

My point is that there is no difference between the conent in SC and the content in OT. I understand there is supposed to be, but that's not what I see happening.

So telling sensitive souls to 'just block SC', doesn't help, when stuff in OT is worse.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

My point is that there is no difference between the conent in SC and the content in OT. I understand there is supposed to be, but that's not what I see happening.

So telling sensitive souls to 'just block SC', doesn't help, when stuff in OT is worse.

OK .. I don't really read OT. I dip in and out.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    I have SC blocked now and don't miss it.

and I give sambostar one sentence to see if he is off on one.  The first line is usually enough to see if it's worth reading more.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Just have to pass on by threads with certain titles, easy. I love a good lot of what goes on in SC but also skip stuff, mainly anything likely to bring up divisions of politics, or other such rabbit holes . This is just life on the internets.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Or just be less precious about words on the internet?
    Not precious at all. Been on these forums (and precursors) for a long, long time and seeing it descend to some of the levels it has here in the last few months bothers me because of how it was ... I don't mind discussion, or opposing views ... but I don't like seeing the levels of bile spouted.

That's not targeting you or anyone else ... just I don't know ... I remember gasfest and now it feels that would end up in a punch up sort of
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585

Ravenous said:

Aren't you the one who started the "Remoaner" thread then ran away after the first post?

I didn't run away, I was working, and came back to 4 pages of "here's why you're a moaning bastard", "no f*** you and you idiot racist leaving"

i stated I hate a word, and the thing became a fight. I contemplated asking for it to be deleted but that goes against my belief you should be able to say what you think. However, sometimes, you know, reign it in.

Again, not targeted at you or anyone in particular just responding to your comment. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader

Flag stuff you think should be in SC.

We can't read everything, if people don't flag stuff we don't know about it.
  • Bezzer said:

Ravenous said:

Aren't you the one who started the "Remoaner" thread then ran away after the first post?

I didn't run away, I was working, and came back to 4 pages of "here's why you're a moaning bastard", "no f*** you and you idiot racist leaving"

i stated I hate a word, and the thing became a fight. I contemplated asking for it to be deleted but that goes against my belief you should be able to say what you think. However, sometimes, you know, reign it in.

Again, not targeted at you or anyone in particular just responding to your comment. 

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

I honestly couldn't tell you where the line is supposed to be though. It's not clear at all.

It doesn't bother me that it's all scrambled, I don't read at work, and I'm a grown up, so I just view it as one big OT section .

If the people running the website aren't prepared to police it, then don't sit their telling people to 'just ignore SC', especially when the thread that's upset OP is in OT.
    tFB Trader

I honestly couldn't tell you where the line is supposed to be though. It's not clear at all.

It doesn't bother me that it's all scrambled, I don't read at work, and I'm a grown up, so I just view it as one big OT section .

If the people running the website aren't prepared to police it, then don't sit their telling people to 'just ignore SC', especially when the thread that's upset OP is in OT.
    That's why you flag it then we can decide.

It's not a question of being "prepared to police it", there is so much content generated on the site that we only see a fraction of it.

If you aren't prepared to flag it, then don't expect anything to happen.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Again, I don't see why it's for users to decide where the line is.

If there were clear rules (or precedent) about what was/wasn't ok in OT, then fair enough, you can expect people to flag things, but at the moment I think most users have no idea what falls foul, so how can they flag it?
    tFB Trader

If there were clear rules (or precedent) about what was/wasn't ok in OT, then fair enough, you can expect people to flag things, but at the moment I think most users have no idea what falls foul, so how can they flag it?
    There is a published list of rules
  • Again, I don't see why it's for users to decide where the line is.

...and a guideline/desired behaviours thread for the people who don't understand the rules.
    <space for hire>
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Any chance we can banish the bedwetters to vagnet ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751

I can sum SC up in one word.

Sambostar.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

...and a guideline/desired behaviours thread for the people who don't understand the rules.
    They aren't rules, they're a vague list of ideals.

The guidelines are a bit less vague, but I didn't notice a change when they were implemented, and lots of those guidelines are regularly broken.

Again, I've no issue with the content of the forum or the way it is moderated.

I do have an issue with people raising issues being told to "just block SC", when I can't really see how that helps, as there's plenty of argument and offensive (to some) content in OT.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    It's not like it's your drunk neighbour who comes round uninvited to tell racist jokes - it's a website and, as such, is very very easily avoided :)

Not sure I see the issue here at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom