Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Corbyn wants May to make Brexit negotiation strategy public

What's Hot
What a dick, I bet he's shit at poker.

let me show you my cards and then raise you!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    edited November 2016
    That's because he wants to engineer a situation where we get a really bad deal and he can say she fucked it up.

He is a twat. He's doing exactly what he said he wouldn't, and that's playing the political game for his party's benefit. He is despicable in that he would rather we get bad outcome than do the honourable thing and say we'll support you in the negotiations. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27697
    I don't know whether he's a dick, or a twat, or just a naive optimist.

I do think that being any of the above should disqualify someone from being leader of a serious political party.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1078
    Fu*king Muppet...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I much prefer not knowing what is going on and trusting the Honourable MP's.

They will only do what's best for the rest of us.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what any opposition leader is 'supposed to say' in public in this kind of scenario. If he says nothing like this he'll be called weak in the press.

Its all a game. Stuff like this is just the noise around the actual action... Nobody would declare their hand and nobody in opposition wouldn't challenge them to do so 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538

I much prefer not knowing what is going on and trusting the Honourable MP's.

They will only do what's best for the rest of us.

Hahahahahaha.

Obviously they should be left to do all of the negotiation in secret to make sure that they can fulfil all of the promises made to the public that swayed the vote in favour of leaving.  They will do that won't they?
  • That's what any opposition leader is 'supposed to say' in public in this kind of scenario. If he says nothing like this he'll be called weak in the press.

Its all a game. Stuff like this is just the noise around the actual action... Nobody would declare their hand and nobody in opposition wouldn't challenge them to do so 
    Which a year ago he didn't care about. Keeping quiet was his modus operandi. He didn't spark up too vocally over the Syria vote and was frequently attacked for giving Cameron a soft time during PMQ's. 

So why now? For me, it shows how much he is being guided behind the scenes. This is the man who called for Article 50 to be invoked immediately post-referendum. 

However Hywelg is wrong. This isn't for the party's benefit. This is all for the Corbyn camp's benefit. 

• He thinks an early election may be in the air.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72669
    I'm not totally sure why we need to keep our "hand" secret anyway - it's not as if we're going to be asking for anything they don't expect. If anything I would have thought that openness would get us to a good result more quickly.

But I have become extremely disappointed with Corbyn, for at least the reasons Heartfeltdawn said.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    edited November 2016
    TTony said:
    ..... should disqualify someone from being leader of a serious political party.
    Fortunately, thanks to his and his activists' efforts, he no longer is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1967
    ICBM said:
    I'm not totally sure why we need to keep our "hand" secret anyway - it's not as if we're going to be asking for anything they don't expect. If anything I would have thought that openness would get us to a good result more quickly.

But I have become extremely disappointed with Corbyn, for at least the reasons Heartfeltdawn said.
    Up until today, I thought that the unwillingness to openly debate the UK Government position on Brexit was to keep our powder dry ie the message was a consistent "Leaving the EU with Hard Brexit being the most likely route".

Today I heard Teresa May state that she wanted to negotiate the best position for Britain within the single market. Not exactly Hard Brexit?

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Corbyn is a useless cunt and as leader of the opposition Labour will never be elected. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:

I negotiate professionally and the last thing you need is to have your negotiation plan or strategy in the hands of the people you plan to negotiate with. It's a negotiation 101 faux pas extraordinaire !

• SporkySporky Frets: 28736

I negotiate professionally and the last thing you need is to have your negotiation plan or strategy in the hands of the people you plan to negotiate with.
    The trick is to give them the wrong plan.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBM said:

I negotiate professionally and the last thing you need is to have your negotiation plan or strategy in the hands of the people you plan to negotiate with. It's a negotiation 101 faux pas extraordinaire !
    Must be hell for whomever organises your annual staff Xmas party. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

I negotiate professionally and the last thing you need is to have your negotiation plan or strategy in the hands of the people you plan to negotiate with.
    The trick is to give them the wrong plan.

If only someone had a plan!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3014
    He's holding the govmt to account, which is his job.

If the govmt thought they could keep cards close to chest by invoking A50 without asking MP's then, as the courts proved, they were misguided. It's not Corbyn who is at fault here.

I have no political affiliation by the way, just an observation.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Oh God .. another Brexit thread ... and no Corbyn doesn't want May to make her strategy public. He wants her to guarantee that she will keep EU labour laws, try to get access to the single market and if we leave the government should cover lost research/capital investment. Corbyn's not stupid ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • blobb said:
    He's holding the govmt to account, which is his job.

If the govmt thought they could keep cards close to chest by invoking A50 without asking MP's then, as the courts proved, they were misguided. It's not Corbyn who is at fault here.

I have no political affiliation by the way, just an observation.
    Quite clearly the leader of the Opposition on June 24th thought we could invoke A50 without asking MP's as well. 

http://labourlist.org/2016/06/corbyn-article-50-has-to-be-invoked-now/

The backtracking started a month later and is going on now. 

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11354
    Corbyn is typical of politicians who've never had a proper job and rely on variants of the "do you know who I am?" argument. It's this sort of puffed-up self-importance that makes MPs so risible. Things happen in this country in spite of the vast majority of them, not because of them.