Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hands up all of you with Tinitus... I SAID -

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 525
    My earplugs live in my pedal board. Guess what I didn't take it to tuesdays practice Doh! but as our drummer was sick and we borrowed the drummer from my lads band and he has an electric kit it was OK. Drums with a volume control marvelous. It will still teach me to keep spares in my guitar case or leads box.
    Our bass player had acupuncture for his tinearness which he said didn't cure but did help the condition. Hasn't made him a better bass player though Lol.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've always been fairly diligent when it comes to protecting my ears; onstage, practise or watching gigs. Thankfully it's paid off. 

If you find yourself forgetting earplugs for stage, try putting spares pairs inside the battery compartment of a Boss pedal (or similar, assuming they are being powered by mains). Also good for hiding spare plectrums.

Both of these! I played with a friend who had tinnitus from loud music in his 20s, and my grandad has it from working in a factory, so I bought some ER15s years ago. They cost a lot but lasted for years and protect me form the bad nights sleep my grandad has had for the last 40 years. I wear them at gigs, rehearsals, in loud pubs when out for a drink with friends and all day at trade shows (like the GBGS). It's also good to keep a spare set of ER20s or the cheap foam ones in a gigbag, in case ou forget the good stuff.

Can't recommend the best earplugs you can afford enough.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom