Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fender Pro Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Stratocaster/Telecaster

What's Hot

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Strat sounds awesome. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Why did the Jazz/Jag guy assume we just want to use those guitars to make weird noises rather than music?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Why did the Jazz/Jag guy assume we just want to use those guitars to make weird noises rather than music?
    Hmm he definitely does 'jazz'!  They look interesting but the Jazzmaster didn't sound like a Jazzmaster to me. Could just be YouTube...

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited December 2016
    Why did the Jazz/Jag guy assume we just want to use those guitars to make weird noises rather than music?
    What is your definition of 'music'? Do you mean that he played something a little more left-field? I would assume most offset players aren't playing classic rock or blues. 

Nick Reinhart is awesome. So is his band, Tera Melos. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Loobs said:
    Why did the Jazz/Jag guy assume we just want to use those guitars to make weird noises rather than music?
    What is your definition of 'music'? Do you mean that he played something a little more left-field? I would assume most offset players aren't playing classic rock or blues. 
    Yes, I watched the video after reading that comment expecting a load of weird noises and came away disappointed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7897
    This looks like my ideal Jazzmaster!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Loobs said:
    Yes, I watched the video after reading that comment expecting a load of weird noises and came away disappointed.
    Ok, it's not like he went all Sonic Youth with it, but compared to the Tele demo I just felt like most of what I was hearing was the JM's vibrato and the amp's reverb.

On second watch, it's maybe not as bad as I remember. I've had a long week....
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    blueskunk said:
    Strat sounds awesome. 
    Yep, and I dont normally like strats that much. Nice colour as well.
  • Having watched all the videos again, they all look good. The Strat appears to be the old US Standard with a new neck profile, with that bridge (and 3 saddles!) the Tele looks fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Hmmm, is it just me or does the Jazzmaster/Jaguar vid's over use of the trem seem to be covering up for some fairly nasty out-of-tuneness?????

I'd also echo the comments about not really hearing the guitars - too much wang bar, too much talk and not enough playing... the vast majority of Offset players don't play like that, so why do all vids seem to show them being played on the trem. It ends up sounding dreadful - much like someone who doesn't understand how to play with a slide, but may know half a dozen licks...

Interesting guitars, though.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• The more I look at the JM and Jag, the less I like them. I can't help but think that Fender don't understand the offset fanbase at all.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I thought the JM /Jag demos were very poor, just the sort of plinky plonky crap that gives offsets a bad name, no one in there right mind would see that demo and think "I must have that awesome sounding guitar" where's all that delicious cutting overdrive that takes full advantage off the unique overtones.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What sold the offsets to me was the clear ability for them to allow the player to bend with frets that play like buttah. I mean. 2017 could unleash a whole new style of music with that flexibility.

Alas, I sense the pointless clichés next year may well be the same.

Other than that, the guitars could be interesting :-)

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    edited December 2016
    Having watched all the videos again, they all look good. The Strat appears to be the old US Standard with a new neck profile, with that bridge (and 3 saddles!) the Tele looks fantastic.
    Compared to the US Standard the American Pro Strat has a new neck profile, new pickups, push-in trem arm, new frets, new case & a treble bleep cap. It also comes as HH now to. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBI said:
    Having watched all the videos again, they all look good. The Strat appears to be the old US Standard with a new neck profile, with that bridge (and 3 saddles!) the Tele looks fantastic.
    Compared to the US Standard the American Pro Strat has a new neck profile, new pickups, push-in trem arm, new frets, new case & a treble bleep cap. It also comes as HH now to. 
    thats great but why can Fender still not make a proper Jazzmaster?
    Why do you get it so wrong year after year?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ^Yarp.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • MattFGBI said:

Just wondering what you'd change? I'm not very familiar with offsets, so genuine question.
  • MattFGBI said:
    To be fair the JM isn't that far off - if they just put the switch where it was supposed to go it'd be fine, I'm sure. 

The jag has the 4-way switching everyone like in the Marruar but the upper control seems like an afterthought- a plain upper control plate would have been fine. 

The Marr/staytrem style push in Trem arm would have been preferable- if the screw in one is the same as my Classic Player unit there is a bit too much play in the mechanism to be ideal but worked fine. 

Im not sure how I feel about maple necks but some cool colours. Pickups are unknown quantities - I hope I was wrong when I suggested the JM didn't sound a lot like a Jazzmaster. The jag sounded good though. 
  • @MattFGBI fair enough. TBH I didn't mean my "just the old US standard" as a knock at all, I meant it much more as a "this is the replacement for that model". The new spec looks great. 

Though i do enjoy how adding a pop-in arm is an upgrade on the strat but a screw-in is the upgrade for the JM/jag :p