Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• This Allan Holdsworth concert from 1997. He played with so many great musicians that it is impossible to point to any one combo and say they were "the best", but I do have a soft spot for this particular lineup. Dave Carpenter & Gary Novak just seem to groove with Allan so well and I think he was inspired by their backing. He is absolutely killing it in this performance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Elastica - Singles
    Graham Coxon Happiness in Magazines 
  • The nastiest guitar tone...

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2020
    This Allan Holdsworth concert from 1997. He played with so many great musicians that it is impossible to point to any one combo and say they were "the best", but I do have a soft spot for this particular lineup. Dave Carpenter & Gary Novak just seem to groove with Allan so well and I think he was inspired by their backing. He is absolutely killing it in this performance.

I don’t know what the fuck he’s doing with that guitar but it’s pretty entrancing. Talk about being ahead of the curve. I imagine this kind of music will be the norm 100 years from now and holdsworth will be the distant future’s jimi hendrix
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951

Absolutely loving Stephen's guitar tone on this one. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Yussef Dayes
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited October 2020
    Signals - Rush

I didn't like this when it first came out but it grew on me. More synths, more Policy moments and very different for them.

I love the haunting violin solo on 'Losing It' by long-time KD Lang collaborator, Ben Mink
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Some Frank Black solo stuff. I haven't listened to most of it for several years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I stopped after Teenager.... But then picked up Pistolero and it's really good. Much more straighforward, tuneful and rocky, but there are some really good tracks.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I stopped after Teenager.... But then picked up Pistolero and it's really good. Much more straighforward, tuneful and rocky, but there are some really good tracks.
    Pistolero was the last album I bought. I know virtually nothing about his material from 2000 onwards. I'm toying with the idea of giving some of it a listen but my musical tastes may have changed too much to get into it. 
  • The new Bon Jovi album, but I'm skipping a few songs.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Insomnium - Above the Weeping World  (2006)

The album that introduced me to melodic death metal, and still one of my favourites of the 2000s
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12413
    Kilgore said:
    Pistolero was the last album I bought. I know virtually nothing about his material from 2000 onwards. I'm toying with the idea of giving some of it a listen but my musical tastes may have changed too much to get into it. 
    I like him a lot, I'm really into the pixies so have an interest in his solo stuff and the breeders.  

My favourite songs of his are Headache, Abstract Plain and Billy Ratcliffe,
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Yes - 90125

Major formative thing when I was about 14. Forgot all about it for 35 years. Bard of Accrington meets Trevor Horn meets South African guitar virtuoso. Cracking stuff.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    King Curtis - Live at the Fillmore West

Another one taken far too young.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Never used to like this band, but actually, joshe homme is quite an innovative guitarist 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Van Halen
    All songs
    Shuffle
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3914
    Thick as a brick.