Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot
1156157158159160162»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Cliché alert - Brian Setzer Orchestra, The Christmas Album
    This I HAVE to hear
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    Having a large espresso checking my mail while listening to this excellent Ltd edition signed double LP.
    OUR FUTURE IN SPACE UK LP

This is the second excellent album in the trilogy of albums by Ian.
    The third was due for release this year but because of Covid it’s now set for January 2021 release.
  • Peter Hammill has an extraordinary talent for expressing complex, powerful and (often) corrosive feelings and emotional states in lyrics and music. Jealousy, frustration, longing, melancholy, fear - there's a brilliant Hammill song for all of these and more. Melancholy gets its monument with this Van Der Graaf Generator track - "House with no Door".

• The album “Warnings” by I Break Horses. This track “Death Engine” is the most moving piece of music I’ve heard in a LONG time. Utterly spectacular- I’d urge everyone to listen to it. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Bit of a random journey this evening ending with Maldita Vecindad y Los Hijos del 5to Patio (or just Maldita Vecindad for short).

Mexican rock band who were apparently influential in developing a music scene there in Spanish singing about social issues ( there name is to do with housing projects). Mixture of Latin, ska, hip hop, new wave. This was their big hit...

https://youtu.be/jRN6n9Wgq2Q
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    The Stranglers. 

I need to see them (again). Dunno if it'd be the same nowadays though.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Yamandu Costa and Elodie Bouny (his partner) doing a duet performing "Seguidillas del Diablo" by Rodrigo. Elodie Bouny is an outstanding guitarist but quite reserved in physical expression; Yamandu Costa, on the other hand, simply can't help himself: every feeling he has about a note or a phrase is expressed by his body and his face. He's as much fun to watch as he is to listen to. The guy is built like he should be carrying halves of beef on his shoulder into a meat market and his hands are designed to crush coconuts - but he plays like an angel. He is the inspiration for people with fingers like me: if he can play like that, we can't use the fact that we have sausage fingers as an excuse.

• Good old fashioned british stoner rock
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Black Midi - Schlagenheim. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Michael Schenker -- Immortal
    For my ears it's the strongest of the last three albums. 
    Groundbreaking?  New? 
    Not likely, it's even got the kind of cover art I've come to cringe at but have long ceased minding about.  One glance and you know what the album's going to sound like. 
    Really like this track,
    Michael Schenker Group -- The Queen of Thorns and Roses

• Yamandu Costa pulling deep feeling out of this tune

• DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 257
    The Cult Live at the Marquee 1991. Billy Duffy rocks! \m/

Just got this thanks to tFB suggestions, a nice bit of live rock Vocals feel a bit muddy but really it's Billy's playing that i'm enjoying
  • https://youtu.be/k_N5q733CQQ?si=ji1JgKrld54jBmYv

Motörhead - Bad Magic

Finally got around to listening to this. I am a big fan of the latter years of the band, but by the time this came out, I had stopped going to see them live because Lemmy clearly wasn’t at his best. That also put me off checking out their final album. Until now, that is.

You know, it’s a strong album and Lemmy definitely went out on a high.