Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills - Super Session.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally found some Pink Floyd I can actually listen to.

The Division Bell.

A mate used it to test a PA on Sunday.

Well bugger me... It was phenomenal. Could this be the start of something??
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    ^ The best post-Waters work DG has done for me.

I tend to think of it as part of his solo catologue, rather than a Floyd album - but on its own terms it's great.
  • richardhomer;816290" said:
    ^ The best post-Waters work DG has done for me.

I tend to think of it as part of his solo catologue, rather than a Floyd album - but on its own terms it's great.
    Probably why I like it. I didn't even have any idea it was Floyd until I summoned Soundhound on my iPhone. Mate calls it "the best album to test a PA with", his other choice being John Mayer's "Heavier Things"
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • gazzaukgazzauk Frets: 36

Today I have been mostly listening to.....Broke Down on the Brazos by Govmnt Mule. On repeat. Over and over.

• dindude said:

Anyone else listening to the new Chvrches album? If so how are you finding it?

Only a couple listens so far but not feeling it as much as the first, but good enough to persevere.   

pretty much this. it's nowhere near as good as the first. 2 or 3 definite skippers, and the best bits only fall into "very good" for me, whereas the first had some genuinely great moments on it. I like it, but I dont love it. 
  • gazzauk;816407" said:
    Today I have been mostly listening to.....Broke Down on the Brazos by Govmnt Mule. On repeat. Over and over.
    Why?

The rest of the By a Thread album is also very well done. It's one of the Mule's best IMHO. Steppin ' lightly is great.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Octahedron;817772" said:
    [quote="gazzauk;816407"]Today I have been mostly listening to.....Broke Down on the Brazos by Govmnt Mule. On repeat. Over and over.
    Why?

The rest of the By a Thread album is also very well done. It's one of the Mule's best IMHO. Steppin ' lightly is great.
    [/quote]

I had that track on one of those Classic Rock CD's and it got played a lot. Billy Gibbons on it IIRC.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Yeah that's the one. Cracking track.

Only just discovered them (via an excellent covers band) but I'll be checking out some more.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited October 2015
    The new Kylesa.

They haven't released anything that great since Static Tensions (which is a modern metal classic) but I thought I'd give this a go.

Better than the last two which bored me to tears. They're a gnats cock away from becoming an indie shoegaze band, but they just have enough heavy low end riffage to keep the metal present. Still not a great album but it's an improvement.

I miss the old Kylesa. :(
  • Kid Velo by Rival Consoles in anticipation of playing a gig with him this Friday, where I will inevitably buy his new album too. 
  • EricTheWeary;817808" said:
    [quote="Octahedron;817772"][quote="gazzauk;816407"]Today I have been mostly listening to.....Broke Down on the Brazos by Govmnt Mule. On repeat. Over and over.
    Why?

[/quote]

I had that track on one of those Classic Rock CD's and it got played a lot. Billy Gibbons on it IIRC. [/quote]

Really? I think the guitar tone is similar but I don't think BFG actually appeared on it? I'm gonna have to check out the album sleeve now!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    Black Crowes - Three Snakes and One Charm.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

EricTheWeary;817808" said:
    [quote="Octahedron;817772"][quote="gazzauk;816407"]Today I have been mostly listening to.....Broke Down on the Brazos by Govmnt Mule. On repeat. Over and over.
    Why?

[/quote]

I had that track on one of those Classic Rock CD's and it got played a lot. Billy Gibbons on it IIRC. [/quote]

Really? I think the guitar tone is similar but I don't think BFG actually appeared on it? I'm gonna have to check out the album sleeve now!
    Oh, it's definitely Billy Gibbons, no mistaking him!
  • gazzauk said:
    EricTheWeary;817808" said:
    Why?

[/quote]

Oh, it's definitely Billy Gibbons, no mistaking him!
    Bugger me it is too... 

Very nice!

Right now, listening to new Coheed & Cambria. 

So-so, so far.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    edited October 2015
    Been on the road today. I forgot how good Incubus' Morning view album was. Love Circles:
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    8 minutes of fine chilled weave...

gmo vs dense - "sur-prise"

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Unfortunately my kids screaming and crying is not on an album, otherwise i would post it here!
  • samzadgan said:
    Unfortunately my kids screaming and crying is not on an album, otherwise i would post it here!
    Uh well it's not right now, but, it could be soon?
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom