Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    New Radicals - Maybe you've been brainwashed too.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Today, I have been mostly listening to Laurence Jones's latest album "What's It Gonna Take?" And it's very good. Better than a lot of new things I've heard lately. His guitar work is impeccable - punchy and on point! And great tone too.

Tomorrow, I plan to mostly listen to... The new Winery Dogs album "Hot Streak"

I heard one song off it "Captain Love" and was instantly captivated by them again. The drumming sounds great and Kotzen never fails to impress with his Tele gymnastics and vocal work too.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Had the soundtrack to Once More With Feeling on in the car; probably nonsensical unless you are familiar with possibly the greatest episode of a TV show ever made. Varied musically so keeps me engaged on a boring journey.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Philly_Q;796028" said:
    samzadgan said:

this:

Yes!  Love Earthless!
    +1. I always wonder at how his fingers don't fall off :)

• This amazing Adam Rogers solo:

• The Dears - Lost In The Plot. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    its 30 something degrees again today...4th day in a row and im already sick of summer! so i'm listening to this:

• samzadgan;806352" said:
    its 30 something degrees again today...4th day in a row and im already sick of summer! so i'm listening to this:

We don't have it quite as bad as up here yet as you do down there and I'm already over it!! @samzadgan the heat giving me a headache so I'm not listening to anything. :(
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    @octahedron...its gonna be my first aussie summer after 6 years...i can already tell its gonna be a shock to the system.

I already drink a fair amount of water on a daily basis (2-3 litres)...on the weekend, i couldnt get enough, constantly thirsty!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508

May require a few more spins.
  • Kurt Rosenwinkel live!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Silversun Pickups, "Circadian Rhythm (Last Dance)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I used to play/ cover the song that's sampled from in my old band. Always bombed, this would have gone down better!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Marilyn Manson- Holy Wood.

Due to a (hopefully) upcoming purchase of a HH tele I've seen a lot of John 5 videos, so decided to revisit MM.
    Its a properly good album. Catchy tunes& strong thematic links between tracks.

Tomorrow- Slipknot/Stone Sour, covering Jim Root.
    On Friday I'll listen to Damned Things- what I really want to buy is a Trohman tele!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Julian Lage playing a cover of Freight Train.   

edited October 2015
    Inspired by @Philly_Q and @Not_the_dj this:

It turns out it's on Spotify too. As good as I remember - might be a bit of a hazy memory.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2015
    Nice one @mudslide73 I had it on cassette originally. In the booklet there was a chart showing which Hendrix track the samples came from, using planet/star icons IIRC. Just tried to find it from a google image search but no luck  :(
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22857
    @mudslide73 I listened to it on Spotify too.  It seems to have been re-released and/or remastered 5 or 6 times, each time with different cover art.  Very confusing.  I've no idea if I listened to the "right" version, but I quite liked it.
    Nice one @mudslide73 I had it on cassette originally. In the booklet there was a chart showing which Hendrix track the samples came from, using planet/star icons IIRC. Just tried to find it from a google image search but no luck  :(
    I think it's in one of my crates in the garage... I'll have a look. I won't have dispensed with it because I like it so much. I've got the cd single of Rilly Groovy too somewhere.

@Philly_Q I listened to a bit of the Youth remixes (he was in the Orb at the time iirc) and they're right out there :)