Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quite Interesting..

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Try playing Gran Turismo (or similar) and send a text/check internet mid-lap.  Let us know how it goes.
    To be fair, you need both hands to play GT, whereas you only need 1 foot and 1 hand to drive on a motorway most of the time.  :p 

(not arguing with your point, mind you)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11918
    robgilmo said:
    Water doesn't stay a constant weight at a set volume, it changes with temperature.

1 Ltr of water will only weigh 1Kg at 3.98°C , however pressure will also be a factor, so, to be exact , 1ltr of water will weigh slightly under one Kilo at one atmosphere (atm) , however 1 atm will also change with temperature and altitude.
    So , 1 litre of water at 3.98°C at sea level will not weigh the same as 1 litre of water at 3.98°C half way up Everest.
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2007/AllenMa/wikipedia.png

• SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    Emp_Fab said:
    Thank God someone got it @richardhomer !  Andi...  what happened to you man ? - You used to have a sense of humour.
    I thought it was quite funny asking you to post your itinerary for the week.

you only need 1 foot and 1 hand to drive on a motorway most of the time.  :p
    Amateur. You can steer with the knee of that leg. No hands needed.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24350
    A-HA !!!  So you know about knee-steering do you ?!!  I'm reporting you to the steering police !!

My itinerary for the week is thusly; All this week I am mostly in Torquay.  You're all safe as long as nobody comes near the A379 - Torbay Rd.  If you do, stay clear of a fat handsome bloke playing the banjo at the wheel of a white 1 series.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    edited December 2016
    Ah, but like everyone else in the thread, I learned to knee-steer over a ten-year apprenticeship with a panel of Formula 1, World Rally Cross and police pursuit drivers at Lake Wobegone, so I do it properly.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • robgilmo said:
    Water doesn't stay a constant weight at a set volume, it changes with temperature.

1 Ltr of water will only weigh 1Kg at 3.98°C , however pressure will also be a factor, so, to be exact , 1ltr of water will weigh slightly under one Kilo at one atmosphere (atm) , however 1 atm will also change with temperature and altitude.
    So , 1 litre of water at 3.98°C at sea level will not weigh the same as 1 litre of water at 3.98°C half way up Everest.

Nothing retains its density across all temperatures and pressures, but in any temperate a kitchen would ever be at (0 to 40C or so) water remains within 1% of the maximum, which is far more accurate than most scales and CERTAINLY more accurate than any kitchen-based volumetric measure.

As someone who baked for a living for almost 2 years - weighing liquids on assumption of 1ml to 1g is far quicker and easier than measuring, and absolutely fine for non-michelin applications. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Thank God someone got it @richardhomer !  Andi...  what happened to you man ? - You used to have a sense of humour.
    I thought it was quite funny asking you to post your itinerary for the week.

you only need 1 foot and 1 hand to drive on a motorway most of the time.  :p
    Amateur. You can steer with the knee of that leg. No hands needed.

Amateurs the lot of you, try rolling a fag while you're texting on the motorway. 
  • Canadian actor Peter Cullen is the voice of both Optimus Prime and Eeyore.
  • A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    robgilmo said:

Two Quite interesting facts to add to this:

Firstly the weight of anything will be less half way up Everest as weight is a function of gravity and gravity reduces as you move further from the centre of the earth; and

Secondly you can't boil an egg at the top of Everest - because of the low pressure water boils at too low a temperature to set the white.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:

Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg.

Actually it does, it's just silent.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Sporky said:
    Ah, but like everyone else in the thread, I learned to knee-steer over a ten-year apprenticeship with a panel of Formula 1, World Rally Cross and police pursuit drivers at Lake Wobegone, so I do it properly.
    I learnt how to get head from a cheap whore while evading the pigs in Grand Theft Auto you Noob.

=) =) =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom