Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quite Interesting..

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
I thought we could have an ongoing thread where we could share little interesting things or tips we've learned.  I'm not sure how long it will last knowing you lot though!

Did you know that most car commercials feature number plates that only use characters that read the same in a mirror, e.g. A, H, M, 8, 0 etc so they don't have to shoot a whole separate advert for LHD countries - they just flip the existing scenes.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Motorways are named after the A road they replace rather than in numeric sequence.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    Instead of trying to measure water/stock in a measuring jug, weigh it instead.  1ml weighs 1g.  It's a lot easier to precisely weigh a liquid on digital kitchen scales than it is to pour it into a measuring jug, holding it up to eye level etc.

Whoever is typing a viz style tip right now - stop.  It's been done to death.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    If you put a bit of pva in with the water when mixing up powder polyfilla, it makes it sticks better and doesn't crack so easily. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Emp_Fab said:
    Instead of trying to measure water/stock in a measuring jug, weigh it instead.  1ml weighs 1g.  It's a lot easier to precisely weigh a liquid on digital kitchen scales than it is to pour it into a measuring jug, holding it up to eye level etc.

I was using our new digital scales the other day and realised it was set to ml rather than grams.  That now seems a pretty useless setting :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    edited December 2016
    1ml of water weights 1g.

Plenty of liquids are more dense that water though.
    For instance 1g of vegetable oil equals 1.06ml.
    1g of 15W-40 motor oil equals 1.15 ml.

• Emp_Fab said:

I found out about this years ago when I first got into fishkeeping and wanted a 230l tank on a floorboard 2nd floor. I ended up with a 65l
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    octatonic said:
    1ml of water weights 1g.

So you are telling me it's close enough to not worry about it for cooking purposes?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I read that the reason Europeans drive on the right is because Napoleon was left handed.
  • If a woman says, "Really? Tell me more!" do NOT tell her more. 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited December 2016
    ^ and if she says, "Is this the fattest I've ever been?",  just run. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    If a woman says, "Really? Tell me more!" do NOT tell her more. 
    When the wife says "do what you want" do NOT buy the guitar you've just been discussing
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    octatonic said:
    1ml of water weights 1g.

Those are actually less dense. Not trying to be a smart arse, just pointing out.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    By comparison, Mercury weighs 13.5g per ml. If you've handled it (in suitable containers, of course…) it's quite astounding how heavy it is - I think partly because you're expecting a glass bottle of liquid to be at least roughly the same weight as the same amount of water.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3498
    Water doesn't stay a constant weight at a set volume, it changes with temperature.

1 Ltr of water will only weigh 1Kg at 3.98°C , however pressure will also be a factor, so, to be exact , 1ltr of water will weigh slightly under one Kilo at one atmosphere (atm) , however 1 atm will also change with temperature and altitude.
    So , 1 litre of water at 3.98°C at sea level will not weigh the same as 1 litre of water at 3.98°C half way up Everest.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    If you are going to the shop DO NOT say to the missus ''fancy a Kit Kat Chunky''.
    Just don't do it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If you are going to the shop DO NOT say to the missus ''fancy a Kit Kat Chunky''.
    Just don't do it.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    robgilmo said:
    Just don't do it.
    robgilmo said:
    Just don't do it.
    And if she pretends not to hear the first time, certainly don't repeat it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    A very interesting game to play with a loved one is ''girlfriend rodeo'', whilst making love to your loved one in the K9 position try passionately calling out some other womans name, then see how long you can hold on for. Girlfriend Rodeo.
    Interesting.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    A very interesting game to play with a loved one is ''girlfriend rodeo'', whilst making love to your loved one in the K9 position try passionately calling out some other womans name, then see how long you can hold on for. Girlfriend Rodeo.
    Interesting.
    Says the voice of experience......

=) 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited December 2016
    NYXL strings are better than I expected them to be
    play every note as if it were your first