What's Hot

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Result.!

https://reverb.com/uk/shop/fireguitars

Account disabled. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    They will no doubt appear under another guise.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5191
    Any comment from Reverb? 
  • Many thanks to Steve for bringing this to my attention. The account in question is now suspended. We take any questionable goings on like this incredibly seriously. If you ever notice anything suspect happening on Reverb, please reach out and let me know. The only way Reverb works for everyone is by buyers and sellers having faith in the platform. Once again thanks for being a great welcoming community.

Iain
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 31reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks to Steve for bringing this to my attention. The account in question is now suspended. We take any questionable goings on like this incredibly seriously. If you ever notice anything suspect happening on Reverb, please reach out and let me know. The only way Reverb works for everyone is by buyers and sellers having faith in the platform. Once again thanks for being a great welcoming community.

Iain
    Thanks for the prompt action, Iain - we've had our fair share of scammers on here, and we definitely appreciate that it's not always an easy thing to spot :(
    <space for hire>
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7597
    A good outcome - nice one @iain.reverb ;
    Red ones are better. 
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Gassage said:
    pmg said:
    Is it time to lock the classifieds to established posters?
    That would result in two things:

1 - Almost zero site growth (which leads directly to eventual site death)
    2 - People who can access the classifieds get less exposure for their ads, which means less chance of a sale

Short answer: no ;)
    What's the long answer?

NOOOOOOO?
    Maybe a picture of said item for sale with a piece of paper showing the forum username and date/price of item for sale?

Works well on other sites I use that aren't guitar related :)
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    How easy is it to add watermarks to photos (without fancy software)? I'm not familiar with enough photo software to know, but it might be worth encouraging people to add them, not just in the classifieds. Yes, it would affect the quality of the images we like to drool over, but if it can help prevent this sort of scam it might be worth it.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Sesh said:
    How easy is it to add watermarks to photos (without fancy software)? I'm not familiar with enough photo software to know, but it might be worth encouraging people to add them, not just in the classifieds. Yes, it would affect the quality of the images we like to drool over, but if it can help prevent this sort of scam it might be worth it.
    Very easy. However this site doesn't host the images themselves (understandably!) so individual sellers would need to do it. 
  • .........they might be back once the heat dies down....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • .........they might be back once the heat dies down....
    Probably worth bumping this thread to ensure no one gets their fingers burned....
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Here we Glow again.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6121
    Fire Guitars have a 70's Hofner Violin Bass up on eBay at the moment. A special 3 day offer of 999.00. The three days expired and it's now up again on another 3 days offer. Old violin basses can often have issues so I was searching for info on their store so I might visit and inspect it. Very few mention of Fire Guitars, this thread being the most notable. Small world.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Apparently,...

For over 7 years we have been serving musicians and collectorsAs a premiere authority on vintage, new, and used music equipment, our goal at FireGuitars is to give you the finest selection of USA guitars, Synth , Amps, Bass, Effects, and Drums in the world, with excellent service.
    we have successfully selling stories  on our ebay / Reverb website from  London U.K. to USA , Canada , Europe , Australia , Hong Kong  , Japan , New Zeland , Israel , Central America ,  South America

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    They've been selling stories?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    It's in the small print - it must be true! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    This is nothing new, we shouldn't be surprised. First time someone cloned my guitar ad was on ebay in 2001. Someone in the U.S took my pics and description from my UK ebay listing for a Jerry Donahue Custom Shop Tele and then posted them on ebay.com in the US complete with pics showing Uk plug sockets on the wall..lol. Ebay eventually pulled their ad but not before someone used the buy it now. Not sure if they paid or not. A fool and his money are easily parted? Ebay UK is full of cloned/stolen high end cars at the mo apparently....this sh*t goes on every day.....buyer beware as always.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10746
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I wonder how they'd react to the "can I come round and try it out" request?  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 119
    edited June 2017
    Glad I found this thread. 

reverbfireguitars contacting me all morning re: a Les Paul I'm selling. Once we agreed a price he purchased and would not arrange a collection time or date as he way "too busy".

2 minutes later another auction comes up for my guitar, with my photos and description but for £450 more. 

All of a sudden the ebayer could no longer reply to my emails (despite a very quick response time earlier) and could not answer my phone calls or texts until I threatened to refund. 

Stay wary of both reverbfireguitars and aolreverb 
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom