Fire Guitars - caution

What's Hot

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3294
    Been hassling eBay to pull these idiots for weeks, flagged up that they have multiple accounts (those mentioned here and another I encountered, something weird like chosenbygod7) that they shift stock between. I presume this is done to either avoid fees or inflate prices, of course eBay haven't done anything.

Have also flagged up this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272711019178

Partcaster that might have a genuine USA strat neck, being sold as a USA tele with no mention of the fact it's a bitsa. Reported this to eBay too, but guess what -it is still there!

Ebay has gone to the dogs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7091
    tFB Trader
    Shouldn't a business be displaying contact detail in the listing? 
    You are probably right @SteveRobinson although I get the feeling with these guys that they don't want it to be too obvious that it is one and the same seller -of course they could do a much better job of hiding it.

Guess the long and short of it is a decent honest seller would give contact details. Hopefully if enough of us flag them with eBay they can be put out of scamming punters for a week or two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 119
    The guy is now CAPS SHOUTING at me for cancelling his order, after I stated he should collect it (or the very least attempt to arrange to!) before listing it for sale.

He then created a new account, just to "buy" it again, delete the account and make no contact.

Oh dear.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Tell him he can't have it as you've not collected from the person you bought it from. Then give him my details, I love dealing with scum bags!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    The guy is now CAPS SHOUTING at me for cancelling his order, after I stated he should collect it (or the very least attempt to arrange to!) before listing it for sale.

He then created a new account, just to "buy" it again, delete the account and make no contact.

Oh dear.
    Definitely wants reporting to eBay for that, he is a con artist.

Oh dear.
    Definitely wants reporting to eBay for that, he is a con artist.
    Reported. Just could do without the hassle!

Only put it on there as I had a £1 final listings special offer. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Glad I found this thread. 

reverbfireguitars contacting me all morning re: a Les Paul I'm selling. Once we agreed a price he purchased and would not arrange a collection time or date as he way "too busy".

2 minutes later another auction comes up for my guitar, with my photos and description but for £450 more. 

All of a sudden the ebayer could no longer reply to my emails (despite a very quick response time earlier) and could not answer my phone calls or texts until I threatened to refund. 

Stay wary of both reverbfireguitars and aolreverb 
    Jeez. :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    This is becoming a stock practice on EBay & Reverb. 9 sellers on EBay featured the guitar I bought from Ishibashi last
    month. They even had the photos of the serial number. All had factored in an Extra £300 to the purchase price. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just spoke with someone selling a Gibson on ebay at the moment. He's already been in touch and given them a low ball offer. 

He doesn't change the titles very well and so it's pretty easy to see what he paid for the items. To be fair, a dealer is a dealer, and if he's making the money playing the patient game there is no real 'problem' as such.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar-2005-in-Tobacco-Burst-/292133862318?hash=item440488fbae:g:60MAAOSww9xZLX3t&nma=true&si=E%2BUJJoKhLBqrY5otEBhpd4PVMeQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-2005-in-Tobacco-Burst-WITH-HARD-CASE-/192213177431?hash=item2cc0cc5457:g:H4cAAOSw~XpZO72y

Interestingly, though. The winner of that bid seems like yet ANOTHER account.
  • KillerhertzKillerhertz Frets: 8
    edited October 2019
    Been hassling eBay to pull these idiots for weeks, flagged up that they have multiple accounts (those mentioned here and another I encountered, something weird like chosenbygod7) that they shift stock between. I presume this is done to either avoid fees or inflate prices, of course eBay haven't done anything.

Have also flagged up this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272711019178

Partcaster that might have a genuine USA strat neck, being sold as a USA tele with no mention of the fact it's a bitsa. Reported this to eBay too, but guess what -it is still there!

Ebay has gone to the dogs.

>>>>>>>

I have been the  most recent victim of Frausdster Reverbfireguitars

he stole my Access Visur ti2 synth through Ebay using the following ebay accounts
    suspect 1 Ebay username - buildthebridge

suspect 2 Ebay username - thenumner1one

He stole the synth saying that i did not send the item (although I have video and cctv evidence that the item was packed and sent with his courier

he then got his money refunded through Paypal to the Paypal account

www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reverbfireguitars

then upon researching the reverbfireguitar I have been led to this and other threads where he is linked to previous scams

the Criminal claims to be a religious leader in a christian band

anyone else who is a victim of this crime now or in the future

I strongly recommend you report to the Police

I am currently battling Ebay and Paypal who have been letting this guy get away scot free for years now but I have now linked him to you guys if you have any evidence or can help bring this lowlife scumbag to justice because he deserve to be locked up

Cheers

Mike aka Killerhertz

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6897
    edited October 2019
    You can all sod off with your talk of paying to post an advert. 

It's a forum and a community and it should be open to everyone. £2 is nothing to me but it wasn't so long ago that it was the difference in whether I ate that night and I'm sure there are tons of skint people on here.  And if you're selling something there's a strong chance it is because you need any and all funds. 

If you use the classifieds and are able to then donate to the forum separately. I mean, donate even if you don't use them but you are able to donate. 

Just because a tiny amount of people misuse it, no need to mess it up for everyone else.  

EDIT: Also wow OP. People are shady as shit. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Killerhertz sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had, I’m not sure it’s “allowed” to post the guy’s (suspects?) details though on here but I’m sure the mods will be along soon to confirm.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck recovering what is owed and hope to see the scammer taken down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just a couple of corrections...

soma1975 said:
    Not really your decision ;)
    soma1975 said:

And if you're selling something there's a strong chance it is because you need any and all funds. 
    Actually, most of the traffic in the classifieds is nothing of the sort.
    soma1975 said:

Just because a tiny amount of people misuse it, no need to mess it up for everyone else.  
    That's not even close, I'm afraid. The vast majority of the ads in the classifieds are from users who never post outside the classifieds, and only use the forum as a free alternative to eBay.

The only reason we currently allow it is because sometimes those folk post stuff for sale that actual forum users want. Sometimes.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26854
    edited October 2019
    @Killerhertz sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had, I’m not sure it’s “allowed” to post the guy’s (suspects?) details though on here but I’m sure the mods will be along soon to confirm.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck recovering what is owed and hope to see the scammer taken down.
    Enough of his details have already been posted, I think. Certainly enough that when this thread was previously active, he got wind of it and emailed me with a series of pseudo-legal threats and a ton of abuse.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6897
    Just a couple of corrections...

soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:

And if you're selling something there's a strong chance it is because you need any and all funds. 
    soma1975 said:

That's not even close, I'm afraid. The vast majority of the ads in the classifieds are from users who never post outside the classifieds, and only use the forum as a free alternative to eBay.

The only reason we currently allow it is because sometimes those folk post stuff for sale that actual forum users want. Sometimes.
    I've certainly sold stuff on here when this was the case. I certainly didn't advertise it though, and my posts were identical wehther I was flush or on the breadline so not really sure how you'd know the difference to tally it up. I appreciate it's not up to me, but frankly I feel it's a horrible idea.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    soma1975 said:
    Just a couple of corrections...

soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:

soma1975 said:

I've certainly sold stuff on here when this was the case. I certainly didn't advertise it though, and my posts were identical wehther I was flush or on the breadline so not really sure how you'd know the difference to tally it up. I appreciate it's not up to me, but frankly I feel it's a horrible idea.  
    I’d be careful if I were you, you are replying to the person that funds the forum, and ultimately therefore funds the classifieds out of his own pocket. 

We do from time to time ask for donations - but there is no obligation to do so - if nobody donates, then Lee is on the hook for all costs. 

Everyone gets to benefit from the classifieds, and everyone is entitled to their opinion on how they feel the classifieds is funded, if at all. We have a lot of members who join, use the classifieds, and post nothing else - we know, because we have to approve every single member application. 

Given that the classifieds is a privilege and not a right, I personally think it’s pretty poor form that one person has to hold the financial responsibility for a service which always has been, and will remain a free to use service.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    MtB said:
    Result.!

https://reverb.com/uk/shop/fireguitars

Account disabled. 
    @MTB posted that in Dec 2016. Strangely if you follow the link now it takes you to The Custom Shop Market on Reverb. Is that the present incarnation of Fire Guitars perhaps?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5028
    'We have 3 locations in Italy / Scotland and London' - I'd say that it was more than possible. I remember having some dealings with him once. I cancelled his order (for a Custom Shop ES-330) as it was clear that he was a bit 'offside'. 
    Call me Dave.