2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• My "normal" schedule resumed this week (kids at school & nursery and me working office hours rather than the 4 hours a day I did through the "break") so a lower total for me- 21k done: (7k) fri, sat, sun.

That puts me on 69k for the year. Averaging 4.6k a day is fine by me! 
    I'm actually enjoying the runs now, at first it felt like a chore but now it's nice to get out in the fresh air for a run (almost) every day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Week off injured. Got up early today, put running gear on. Opened curtains and the weather is wet & windy. Bottled out, starting up again tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Week off injured. Got up early today, put running gear on. Opened curtains and the weather is wet & windy. Bottled out, starting up again tomorrow.
    Not sure whether this deserves LOL or Wisdom! 

Wisdom awarded. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    edited January 2017
    Rainy day & have a cold but fuck it, I did 10.25km in the driving rain, mixture of road, green lanes and muddy trails.
    57:28 for the whole thing, 10k was somewhere in the 55:30 mark, which is my best 10k in a long time.

January 15th: 54km+ 10km = 64km.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    Impressive. And what a feeling I bet.
    Deadman said:
    Impressive. And what a feeling I bet.
    I feel good for it.
    Back in 2009 I did a BUPA 10k- took it seriously, trained a bit for it but I wasn't fit enough at the time so I was absolutely exhausted after that and for 2 days I couldn't move.

Knowing I can knock out a 10k on a lazy Sunday and with a cold makes me really happy.
    Who'd have thunk it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Benfleet 15 (miles) race done today. 12 min PB, so happy with that. All off road, through hills, mud, more hills and mud, cold plus it rained the whole event and half of it is along a creek too. Tough race but a good one.  Fairly easy week apart from that so just 20 miles this week. Total 92miles (148km) so far this year and a normal up week next week. Gym work starts tomorrow and training plan is off to a cracking start :-)

Great to see everyone posting up their runs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mcsdan said:
    Benfleet 15 (miles) race done today. 12 min PB, so happy with that. All off road, through hills, mud, more hills and mud, cold plus it rained the whole event and half of it is along a creek too. Tough race but a good one.  Fairly easy week apart from that so just 20 miles this week. Total 92miles (148km) so far this year and a normal up week next week. Gym work starts tomorrow and training plan is off to a cracking start :-)

Is this cycling, mate?
    octatonic said:
    mcsdan said:

Is this cycling, mate?
    Lol no. All running.
    Wow, impressive.

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    The first Newport Riverfront parkrun was cancelled due to ice. I guess there is no council policy for gritting footpaths and the black ice was treacherous. So no parkrun this week, but I realise I only have/had about 6 weeks training left before the Newport HM so I did an 8-miler on Sunday.

Weekly mileage isn't really where I want it, but I'm not going to try to hammer it now. The half will be a jog I think, it'll be tough enough just covering the distance.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24359
    I have woken with horrific man flu.

Could barely get to my desk. Might need a few days off. bah.
    I have woken with horrific man flu.

Could barely get to my desk. Might need a few days off. bah.
    That is real flu. :)
    octatonic said:
    Wow, impressive.

Weekly mileage isn't really where I want it, but I'm not going to try to hammer it now. The half will be a jog I think, it'll be tough enough just covering the distance.
    Still plenty of time. Could add a mile to long run for 4 weeks getting you to 12 and a 2 week taper with say longest of 8. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Good work people! I STILL haven't started running, but I have swam 4km in the last 48 hours, so that's something! 
    mcsdan said:

Still plenty of time. Could add a mile to long run for 4 weeks getting you to 12 and a 2 week taper with say longest of 8. 
    Yes, I should be OK for the distance I guess. It's just slow going getting back into it, it doesn't help that I'm around a stone heavier than I was last time I ran a HM.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    axisus said:
    True to my word, out in the rain and darkness today at 7.00am for 8K in 41.44. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    5 miles again at lunchtime. Not as tough as I thought after the 8 miles yesterday.
    Still fucking ill but @mcsdan is embarrassing me with his distance running so out I went in the rain.
    Ran 9km in around 50min.

January 16th: 64km+ 9km = 73km.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom