2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Another 6.5km.  Bloody cold.

I did think about adding in a lap of the local reservoir, but as I got to the fork in the path I thought "Fuck it, I'm knackered.  Next time!"
    I have those moments too- my current run has a couple of veering off opportunities.
    Last week I didn't do any of them but the week before I did it almost ever time.
    I think it is better to do it than to not- you feel better afterwards.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can only do two runs this week, I've got a 2 day first aid course on thurs/fri, so I'm going to really go for it next week.  Saving energy and all that.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    Feb 6th: 164km + 11km = 175km.
    So much for a day off- decided to take my own advice above and do the diversion.
    Very muddy through the Cotswold hills so took 1:03:00
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    edited February 2017
    Enforced week and a half off so back on the horse today with 18km. Please to have done it but bloody tough going. 90km overall. 

(Did not use an actual horse. That would have been cheating). 
  • Nice 5 mile lunchtime run. I ran relaxed and loved it, but that's faster than I can maintain over 10 miles, let alone 13.1 of the buggers.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    edited February 2017
    Not strictly running related but I've had to go down a jeans size today.

When I started running I was wearing a size 38-40 Levi jean.
    I'm a 34 now.
    That is a pretty good feeling- all I had to do was give up alcohol, take aways, sweets & other junk food and run 30 km a week. :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

I'm a 34 now.
    That is a pretty good feeling- all I had to do was give up alcohol, take aways, sweets & other junk food and run 30 km a week.
    As soon as you're close to 40k you can take the drink up again. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this thread is inspiring!

113km + 5km = 118km

I've lost over a stone now, well happy.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    octatonic said:

I'm a 34 now.
    That is a pretty good feeling- all I had to do was give up alcohol, take aways, sweets & other junk food and run 30 km a week.
    It's amazing how that works!

I never thought of myself as overweight but I look back at pictures of myself before I started back running and I was a proper pudding faced doughboy.
    Currently over 2 stone lighter by doing just as you said.  Another 10lb would be nice though.
    DamianP said:
    octatonic said:

I'm a 34 now.
    It's amazing how that works!

I never thought of myself as overweight but I look back at pictures of myself before I started back running and I was a proper pudding faced doughboy.
    Currently over 2 stone lighter by doing just as you said.  Another 10lb would be nice though.
    I'd like to drop another stone, it should be doable.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I went out again. I quite like running in the rain.

Or at least I did when I had contact lenses and not my glasses! :D  I need some windscreen wipers!

another 3.5km

45.7km total.
    Went out this morning. Did something a little different.

We have a pretty steep hill in the village. So I ran up it, and fast walked down it. Then ran up it again. etc etc. It was hard work!

Total now 49.7km

I refuse to round it up to 50 as I feel that's cheating!
    edited February 2017
    When I was a RAF trainee the Regiment used to make us all do that if just one of us fucked up during weapons training. It wasn't too bad when I weighed 8 1/2 stone wet (aged 17) but think I'd struggle now so well done to you.

Another challenge used to be running 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes. I was never that fast and did it in 9.10 eventually after bumbling around the 9.30 mark. That's something I'd like to achieve again this year and is another of my targets. 
    Feb 7th: 175km + 5km = 180km.
    Short one today- warming up and sunny so it was a pleasure.
    Yeah it was a pleasant afternoon in Oxfordshire eh? Even took my jacket off at one stage!

118km + 5km = 123km
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I'm off for my first run of the year tonight chaps. What's a good distance to ease myself back in without injury? I have done no regular exercise for about 3 months and am probably a stone overweight presently. 
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    I'm off for my first run of the year tonight chaps. What's a good distance to ease myself back in without injury? I have done no regular exercise for about 3 months and am probably a stone overweight presently. 
    What sort of runner were you before? If you were regularly able to run 7 or 8 miles at least once a week then I'd say 3 miles? For me, the default minimum distance would be 2 miles, no harm in starting there.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    What sort of runner were you before? If you were regularly able to run 7 or 8 miles at least once a week then I'd say 3 miles? For me, the default minimum distance would be 2 miles, no harm in starting there.
    Well I didn't ever run at all until 2015 when on New Year's Day decided it was a great idea to do a half marathon on the 1st March! Got through that and enjoyed it. 

Since then my exercise has been sporadic bouts of the 'Insanity' workouts at home, which is fairly cardio heavy. Not long back from 2 weeks all inclusive and have pretty much drank and ate crap every day since Christmas!! It's going to be a struggle! 

I think I'll aim for 2 miles!
    I started with just walking!

Then on the block I walk round, 1 side at a gentle jog, the other 3 sides walking. Then opposite sides jogging etc etc.

The slower you start, the more likely you are to continue. No injuries.
  • 5.5km done.  Legs gave up about 1 km from home, so I thought sod it, I'll put this one down to experience.  I'll be back out next week.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo