2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    edited June 2017 tFB Trader
    strtdv said:
    Reading up on it a little is seems it's more likely if you pace yourself poorly and go too fast, which favours carbohydrate metabolism over fat metabolism. 
    Sounds exactly like what happened.
    It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Felt really quite miserable at the time.

Same story didn't manage my pace and tried to charge up a big hill.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    84 miles on Saturday/Sunday. Did the South Downs Way 100 but had a problem with hip/groin around 42 miles. Managed to sort it out but came back at 66 miles and stayed until 76. Gave it another 8 miles but no luck. Couldn't even walk. Dropped at 84 miles. Enjoyed the run upto then, some fabulous views and 10000 feet of both ascent and descent. The downs hurt more than the ups! Few days off to recover and will start training for next one in September.

Total = 802 miles/1290km.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Wow!

A sweaty 5 miles at lunchtime. I think I'm back on mornings until at least October, I actually felt a little nauseous and nearly didn't make it round without stopping.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    7 miles along the canal this morning. I have a strong short coffee just before, it seems to gee me up, and I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm able to do sub-9 minute miles at 4:45. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    7 miles along the canal this morning. I have a strong short coffee just before, it seems to gee me up, and I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm able to do sub-9 minute miles at 4:45. :)
    excellent. Love early morning runs. :-)
    mcsdan said:
    excellent. Love early morning runs. :-)
    That run in particular was nice. That stretch of canal, the branch with only a couple of locks on my route, goes through some pretty uninspiring built-up areas but there was a lovely mist on one stretch and I saw our local grey heron too.

A nicer route is the other branch of the canal, but that goes up 19 locks in only a couple of miles. OK for a shortish run but a bit knackering otherwise!
    7 miles along the canal. I saw a proper dragonfly, we usually only get damselflies.
    tFB Trader
    A couple more runs in the books 
    211K for the year now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • C25K Week 4 Session 3 done and I feel better for it.  

Next week culminates in 20 mins of running. Now that may not sound like a lot to you guys, but I can't remember the last time I ran for that long!  I know it can be done, because you good folk do it day in day out, so I'm going to grit my teeth an see what happens.

Thank you all for giving me the inspiration to better myself.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited June 2017
    C25K Week 4 Session 3 done and I feel better for it.  

Next week culminates in 20 mins of running. Now that may not sound like a lot to you guys, but I can't remember the last time I ran for that long!  I know it can be done, because you good folk do it day in day out, so I'm going to grit my teeth an see what happens.

I'm really proud of you, Chris.
    I've been slacking this week- back on it tomorrow.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    octatonic said:
    C25K Week 4 Session 3 done and I feel better for it.  

I'm really proud of you, Chris.
    What he said.

I remember getting to the longer times, it seemed impossible, but I just kept on putting one foot in front of the other and the time just went by.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @octatonic and @snakemanStoo , thanks guys that's very kind of you to say that.  It means a lot. 
    11.5 miles including Parkrun today. A bit hot coming back home!
    tFB Trader
    Set out to do a 10k, but overheated and ended up cutting it down to 8. My fault for setting off at 9:30 instead of 8:00 like I planned.

Total up to: 219k for the year. 
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    5.2 unpleasantly warm miles. Unsurprisingly 28° is far too hot to be out running....
  • Felt slightly lazy this week, but still did 4 runs for 23k. I'm on holiday near Perth (Scotland not Australia) the last two runs were glorious- sunny trail running in woodland. No phone, MP3 player or even keys. Just me (& my shorts t-shirt & shoes).
    How running should be. Shame I couldn't stay out longer, 

552 +5+5+8+5= 575 total. 
    edited June 2017
    7 warm miles along the canal this morning. My legs felt like lead with the heat but I got it done. The grey heron managed to catch something vaguely eel-shaped but it could have been a slow worm I guess. It was a good 10cm long, whatever it was.
  • C25K week 5 session 1 just completed.  I'm starting to move faster and better.  

With weight loss, will this help tone my sexy body?
    tFB Trader
    C25K week 5 session 1 just completed.  I'm starting to move faster and better.  

It's going to give you muscular legs and work your core quite a bit, but there is no such thing as "toning" only building muscle, or losing fat and it will do both of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    C25K week 5 session 1 just completed.  I'm starting to move faster and better.  

It's going to give you muscular legs and work your core quite a bit, but there is no such thing as "toning" only building muscle, or losing fat and it will do both of these.
    Yup, 100% this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom