Sherlock

What's Hot

Comments

• Worth sticking with for now but loosing its gloss.  Has that feel that the main actors are now doing "bigger and better" stuff and this is being shoe horned into the schedules and being phoned in. Also getting fed up with the "killed but are they really dead?" Storylines. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3088
    The downturn for me started with Watson's/Freeman's Mrs turning up. It's annoying and draws the attention away from the good stuff that made it brilliant. I doubt she's dead - the woman on the bus is probably her in disguise.There are questions re exit wounds from the shooting scene also.

The Toby Jones cackling bit bodes well for next week. Hopefully they can get on with it for a while 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    He was more convincing singing Comfy and that's saying something.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    I have just finished season 2 last night. Always refused to watch it as bumblydown diddysquatch always annoys me with his over acting. Have to admit to really enjoying the first 2 seasons, apart from the hound of Baskerville episode.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I enjoyed it. Though I do wonder if Mark Gatiss is getting too much of a free hand. He's the actor who plays brother Mycroft, and also the creator, writer and producer of the whole show - I wonder it he accepts any criticism?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited January 2017
    I thought the episode was disjointed. The story was based on the Six Napoleons - the the black pearl of the Borgias was hidden in one by an Italian criminal.  The death of the boy at the beginning was irrelevant - just padding. The show would have been better had it been 30 minutes shorter. The hammy dialogue was cringe worthy as was the overacting by everyone - it felt at times like a cheap James Bond rip off. And how would the secretary get a gun into the London Aquarium?

But worse of all was Martin Freeman - he is so wooden he should change his name to Pinocchio. He is the worst Watson ever IMHO. And storylines about his wife are just plain silly.

No wonder Cumberbatch said he thought it would be the last series. Poor.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Drivel, not clever, just a confused plot with poor acting.  Cancelled the "record series"
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    They seem to dangle the Moriarty carrot everynow and again to keep people interested.

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    Bored!!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72480
    ICBM said:

The cat wasn't guilty, by the way.
    Plot twist!

The cat *was* guilty after all.

I found him sitting quietly on my daughter's bed as if he'd been there ages so I didn't think it could have been, but she now says something on the dressing table had been knocked over, which on testing it made pretty much the right noise.

So Strangefan was right :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Our Maud, who is usually a big fan of Mr C, switched it off after 25 minutes, declaring it to be rubbish.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27128
    I can't be bothered with it. The first season was exceptionally good but Moffat seems untouchable in recent years and that appears to mean there's noone checking for quality, which results in rubbish writing in both Sherlock and DW.

Elementary (or "Not Sherlock" as it was initially known in our house) has been vastly better for at least 2 years. And Johnny Lee Miller is a much better actor than Cumberbatch.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Yeah, the missus likes Benny Cheekbones so we watched. TBH I also liked the first few episodes, but I am bored by the 'clever' graphics and CGI scene fades. Last night's episode had it's moments I suppose but again, I have found the whole 'Mary' thing to be be both annoying and ridiculous. I hope she is dead. I would rather watch the Robert Downey Jr ones (again... the missus likes him as well!).

• Watched it, but as many people were...seriously disappointed. There was nothing relevant to the plot in it which actually required Sherlock's supposed abilities. 

It used to be that the plots would be intricate and difficult to figure out, such that the reveal was a genuine surprised. Too many bits were completely telegraphed to the viewer with this one which totally ruins a show like this where you're expecting it to be smarter, so when the convoluted explanation in your head is more interesting than it turns out to be at the close, you end up with...disappointment and regret, just as with Doctor Who.
    <space for hire>
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2247
    I liked it. Admittedly not as good as the first two series. But IMHO still watchable and entertaining. If it is the last series then that's about right and hopefully the last ones will be a fitting send off. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    But who was the woman on the bus, and is Mary really dead?
    Mary is really dead.

The woman on the bus will be back .. did you spot Toby Jones (the next villain) in the bus shelter? I think she may be connected with him and his plot.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Ooh, well spotted! 

Fretwired said:
    Mary is really dead.

The woman on the bus will be back .. did you spot Toby Jones (the next villain) in the bus shelter? I think she may be connected with him and his plot.

It is in a circle of increasing ridiculousness but I found it reasonably entertaining. I suspect you could pull it apart with plot holes if you put the effort in but cheerfully I won't. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Fretwired said:
    Mary is really dead.

Fretwired said:
    Mary is really dead.

Yes, Mrs Chalky and I spotted that, and thought it was a bit of a dumb down...
  • d8m said:
    They seem to dangle the Moriarty carrot everynow and again to keep people interested.
    The iconic thing being that Moriarty is the worst thing about it. He's fucking awful. 

I really want to love Sherlock but it started going downhill when Graham Norton turned up as Moriarty and Mary-as-spy just killed the whole thing off completely for me. Sad face.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Spy Mary really was dreadful. 
    I think I'll give it a miss from now on.