Sherlock

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I've been catching up with Season 5 of Elementary ( basically Sherlock in New York). Interesting how in Sherlock he becomes if anything more eccentric and the stories even wilder over time and in Elementary all the craziness is going away and the stories much more standard cop show romps. Neither getting the balance right, for me, now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting that so many of you rate Elementary. I watched the first few and thought it was guff. Maybe I'll need to revisit it. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    Enjoyed it a lot more this week.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• That was more like it. Based around the classic "The Dying Detective". Toby Jones was brilliant.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    It's a thumbs up from me!  Looking forward to next week what a cool twist 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I've been catching up with Season 5 of Elementary ( basically Sherlock in New York). Interesting how in Sherlock he becomes if anything more eccentric and the stories even wilder over time and in Elementary all the craziness is going away and the stories much more standard cop show romps. Neither getting the balance right, for me, now. 
    Interesting that so many of you rate Elementary. I watched the first few and thought it was guff. Maybe I'll need to revisit it. 
    It is essentially a fairly typical US cop show with Sherlock Holmes stuff wrapped around it plus Lucy Liu in a succession of short skirts. Which works for me but I appreciate it isn't cutting edge stuff. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Much much better this week. 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33845
    That was awesome.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    A total mess. So Moriarty is dead and Sherlock's sister is on the rampage - what a let down. Over acting, poor script with too many holes and Mary getting into Watson's head. Mrs Hudson driving an Aston Martin like the Stig seemed normal. And good old BBC - it's a wonder Toby Jones didn't have a blonde wig, a cigar and a gold chain.

I give it 2/10.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    A total mess. So Moriarty is dead and Sherlock's sister is on the rampage - what a let down. Over acting, poor script with too many holes and Mary getting into Watson's head. Mrs Hudson driving an Aston Martin like the Stig seemed normal. And good old BBC - it's a wonder Toby Jones didn't have a blonde wig, a cigar and a gold chain.

I give it 2/10.
    I'm inclined to agree - just like last week, there was nothing directly relating to the plot that actually needed Sherlock to be involved, as opposed to him being in a stoned coma while somebody else did all the work.

The central problem is that they've given up on mystery-driven plots and they're going with character- and emotion-driven plots, thus entirely removing the USP of the show: the fact that it has Sherlock Holmes in it.
    <space for hire>
  • Glad I never watched it!
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Sherlock became terribly self indulgent after the first series or so. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I thought it was a good episode.   Not as good as the first series perhaps but still clever and very watchable.   
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    C'mon be honest - is utter tosh....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I thought it couldn't be more about jimmy saville if it tried......the whole getting away with murder or whatever in full sight of everyone and especially the being given the keys to the hospital, and the morgue being his favourite room  with secret access to patients rooms. FFS!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Yep, Toby Jones as Jimmy Saville was great, but did we really have to put up with Dead Mrs Watson gurning and grinning and prattling on forever? And another 'cliffhanger' episode? Bring back Inspector Lewis!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    At about 11pm my wife said "oh… we've missed Sherlock".

No suggestion to look on iPlayer or anything.

Given how big a fan she is of Cumberbatch and Freeman that says it all really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I watched the original first couple and mostly enjoyed them, but Moffatt has been sooooooo bad with butchering Dr Who that I felt the chances were that the show would go on to be 10% great, 10% good, 30% meh, 50% terrible. That's the usual formula for a Dr who season.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    Did anyone else notice the nod to Bowie in the show? Deliberate too and very classy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    What a load of tosh last night. If Toby Jones was so rich that he could afford to build a hospital with secret passages, why didn't he get his frigging teeth fixed?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom