Sherlock

What's Hot

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Billed as one of the biggest shows of the year with some hefty salaries, the viewer should expect a better production and the writer/producer should really live up to expectations. Did nobody on the production team at some point say, sorry this just isn't good enough? Then again who would have the balls to defy them? The jewels in the BBC crown and all. What a let down. Please don't make another disappointment/series. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Fretwired said:
    Sherlock dumped 2 million viewers in a week ... says it all really.
    Hmmmn ..... maybe he should investigate that ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    axisus said:
    Fretwired said:
    Sherlock dumped 2 million viewers in a week ... says it all really.
    Hmmmn ..... maybe he should investigate that ....

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The talking to the dead wife stuff. Sorry but this was done much better in River and season 3 of The Bridge.

Its an old hat device now, quite embarrassing to see the writers ripping this off 
  • I quite enjoyed it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They like to put us on the rollercoaster, don't they?

Episode 1 - ready to abandon it. Episode 2 - well and truly hooked again.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing just now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited January 2017
    I quite enjoyed it too @thumpingrug ;;;. Generally less silly and less overacted than the last series and it moved along well. 

@mellowsun ;;; said:
    The talking to the dead wife stuff. Sorry but this was done much better in River and season 3 of The Bridge.

Its an old hat device now, quite embarrassing to see the writers ripping this off 
    It was done in House years ago as well (well,  House talking to the late Mrs Wilson), I thought perhaps they thought it was okay to be stealing from another series that's also borrowing from the Sherlock Holmes legacy.

The Toby Jones character was,very obviously, based on Jimmy Saville. There was a good chunk of Donald Trump in there too with the look and one of the speeches toward the end: 

Edit: just flipped to Dave, realised that Sherlock also ripping ideas off Dave Gorman FFS. Tut tut tut.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 300
    d8m said:
    Given the amount of publicity around Toby Jones being the new villain he didn't get as much screen time as I expected.
    Thankfully.  That attempt at a northern accent was grating.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    pmg said:
    d8m said:
    Given the amount of publicity around Toby Jones being the new villain he didn't get as much screen time as I expected.
    Thankfully.  That attempt at a northern accent was grating.
    ATTEMPT???

lololol

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    So, is freeman out of it now?
  • I really enjoyed it, caught up on Episode 2 last night.
    The sister twist as the Therapist was good. In Series 3 Mycroft mentioned that it hadn't effecting him the last time, already indicating that there was another sibling.
    And since Moriarty first appeared I have suspected that it was Mycroft behind it all to give Sherlock the ultimate problem to solve, and still think that could be the case because he knew about the other sibling and could be manipulating them too! Also who or what was he meant to be calling at 2pm!

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    joeyowen said:
    He's in the trailer for Sunday's final episode so I don't think he's dead.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7594
    Fretwired said:
    joeyowen said:
    He's in the trailer for Sunday's final episode so I don't think he's dead.
    ...and Mary was in ep2. but yeah it would be very strange to kill off Watson. 

I have really enjoyed it - maybe I'm simply less intellectually sophisticated than the average guitarist. 

Mr Gatiss does seem to be writing himself in a bit more lately ;-) 

I actually thought both the character and the perormance of the Ep 'baddie' was very League of Gentlemen 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I quite enjoyed it too @thumpingrug ;;;. Generally less silly and less overacted than the last series and it moved along well. 

@mellowsun ;;; said:

It was done in House years ago as well (well,  House talking to the late Mrs Wilson), I thought perhaps they thought it was okay to be stealing from another series that's also borrowing from the Sherlock Holmes legacy.

The Toby Jones character was,very obviously, based on Jimmy Saville. There was a good chunk of Donald Trump in there too with the look and one of the speeches toward the end: 

Edit: just flipped to Dave, realised that Sherlock also ripping ideas off Dave Gorman FFS. Tut tut tut.

Talking to dead characters predates House so by your logic they are all ripoffs, not just Sherlock.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Chalky said:

@mellowsun ;;; said:

Talking to dead characters predates House so by your logic they are all ripoffs, not just Sherlock.
    Done in loads and loads of things, just seemed notable to me that it was used quite similarly in House in relatively recent times as that's another Sherlock Holmes based programme. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:

@mellowsun ;;; said:

Done in loads and loads of things, just seemed notable to me that it was used quite similarly in House in relatively recent times as that's another Sherlock Holmes based programme. 
    Yes I see your point now. I enjoyed the episode very much but there were moments when the dead wife bit reminded me of Randall And Hopkirk Deceased...
  • Couldn't all these be trumped by something like the bible, complete with resurrections and incredible abilities...

It might have the odd off ep, but it compares jolly well with most stuff.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    So the finale is a mashup of Ringu, Silence of the Lambs and the Rock. Ludicrous
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    That was fucking shite.
  • dhjdhj Frets: 21
    Preposterous bollocks (and I'm a Sherlock fan)