Greatest guitar outro's ... But no Layla ok !

What's Hot

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Purple rain?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    I rarely get to the end of a song...attention span of a goldfish linked with the modern world of flicking through the iPhone songs at rapid pace..
    I really miss choosing an Album to put on because you wanted to listen to it..

If I had to choose then The Seahorse's 'Love is the Law' ending is mentally good and ACDC Bad boy boogie 

But number 1 is Let there be Rock live 

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Can't say why but the outro to Turning Japanese has always stood out to me. Odd.
    In the Meadow by All About Eve has a superb crescendo of guitar loveliness.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited February 2017
    tone1 said:
    I rarely get to the end of a song...attention span of a goldfish linked with the modern world of flicking through the iPhone songs at rapid pace..

If I had to choose then The Seahorse's 'Love is the Law' ending is mentally good and ACDC Bad boy boogie 

Back In Black...cheesey and obvious but it took a brave Producer to fade out Angus's blistering guitar...every time I hear it I picture him running around the studio riffing away not realising the song has 'ended'
  • Be Bop Deluxe "Soundtrack"from their 1975 album, "Futurama" is a great track, but the ending c4 minute mark and lasts over 2 minutes is epic guitar: 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited February 2017
    Did anyone listen to my Cliff Richard suggestion, or did everyone dismiss because it's Cliff? Just wondering, not offended, but he certainly employed some good session players in his day! 
    Yup had a listen.  My mum is a huge cliff fan but that was new to me. Can't say it did much for me. Lightweight funk pastiche that sounds like it's done by session players :)

Surely there must be a ton of country stuff with awesome outros?
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited February 2017
    jimi's watchtower classic.
    & @lasermonkey musette & drums is my favourite CT song, so top call.

no one has said this yet, so imma gonna said it. the late great mick ronson. from 3min17sec.

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751

"Start a Band" by Brad Paisley and Keith Urban.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    vale said:
    jimi's watchtower classic.
    & @lasermonkey musette & drums is my favourite CT song, so top call.

no one has said this yet, so imma gonna said it. the late great mick ronson. from 3min17sec.

I suggested it on the first page ;)
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Something contemporary and alternative - Disco Lights by Duke Garwood has a gorgeous couple of minutes of dynamic, mesmeric, spine tingling fuzz outro.

• Pearl Jam - Alive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr Big - Free - more of a band and in particular bass groove as against pure guitar solo ending - shows how a band should groove on a simple theme

Life In the Fast Lane

and not a guitar solo at all but a great ending and again an awesome groove - Stevie Wonder - I Wish - the bass and drums on this fade out teach any band member how to work as a unit
    Agreed on all counts.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    The last 30 seconds or so of 'Deadwing' by Porcupine Tree.
    I believe it is Adrian Belew playing guitar.

• andyoz said:
    tone1 said:

Back In Black...cheesey and obvious but it took a brave Producer to fade out Angus's blistering guitar...every time I hear it I picture him running around the studio riffing away not realising the song has 'ended'
    that is a yellow card offence. You are hereby sentenced to 3 years of playing a Marlin guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937

Yeah, the ending is usually the best bit in most country music..... I joke, I joke ;)
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    DesVegas said:
    I'm going for RHCP Sir Psycho Sexy.

But my favourite outro is The Beatles Hello Goodbye
    Beat me to it.
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    TTBZ said:
    Cheesy but always good - GnR Paradise City, Nightrain, November Rain.

For riffage i think its hard to beat the outro riff on Pantera I'm Broken. Nothing complicated but it grooves like fuck. Always loved the outro riff on RATM Bullet In The Head as well.
    Paradise city and bullet in head good calls, anything where it's all built up to crescendo rather than where u just skip onto the next track ( I'd put Layla in the category :))
  • Did anyone listen to my Cliff Richard suggestion, or did everyone dismiss because it's Cliff? Just wondering, not offended, but he certainly employed some good session players in his day! 
    Yup had a listen.  My mum is a huge cliff fan but that was new to me. Can't say it did much for me. Lightweight funk pastiche that sounds like it's done by session players :)

Ok you asked for it! Solo outro starts at 2:25

• But the original country picker tearing it up is Albert ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited February 2017
    @mburgkenge I should have dropped the chessey comment ...it's such a popular song it's easy to forget how well crafted it is....some of the best playing is in the fade out.