Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Happy birthday...and keep strong!.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • She's been moved to a single room with a bed next to her so I'll be next to her every step of the way.
    No matter how things go from here Thomas, she'll know you are. Hold her hand and always keep talking, which I already know you will.

If ever there was proof that true love does indeed exist, it's you two.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't know what to put that won't sound hollow, as the only words I can think of echo what many others have already said. Keeping you both in my thoughts, tear-ing up a little bit, you may not be getting as much time with each other as it's obvious you deserve, but you seem to be making the most of every second and that's got to count for something. My offer of being there to talk to/at/with is still there if you ever feel the need for it.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017
    It's good I'm here with her as I've been able to tell them where she is sore, her medication history and usage.. and I can hear when she is making noise, which I assume is her in pain but she isn't able to say. So far I've buzzed the nurses (who are brilliant) twice and she's had oral breakthrough medicine... Though I'm going to tell the nurses tomorrow that intravenous always worked better. I agreed to a syringe driver and told them it's better not to prolong things, for her sake. They also have her "do not resuscitate" form so she can't come back to this world in pain. 

She's still herself at times. And even I'm the confusion, if I say "I love you," she'll say "I love you, too" .. and if I say "me and you," she'll reply "just us two" - it's incredible, to be honest.

She's just had a second breakthrough and is still making noise and I think she's saying the pain is a 10/10. I'll give it 15 mins to kick in then will call them again as I don't want her in pain when she's helpless to tell me about it. I don't know if these noises are normal at this stage or not.. There are a lot of "not nice" things I'm not mentioning.

-> just called them again, told them injectible has had better effect in past. She's in pain, I'll make sure she feels better. The nightshift are great here but I'm able to give instant feedback because I'm beside her. Just want to reduce the pain for her. They've given her an injection now - hope this works. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    You are doing incredibly well, I know how hard it is to watch a loved one in pain and slip away, we are all with you, Sheena and the girls during this long night 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017
    Thank you - I just beeped the nurses again for more sub-cut and a relaxant for her as she is groaning a lot. I'd rather she was doped up than in pain. I'm not shy about pressing this button to get her help. Her throat also seems quite phlegmy.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited October 2017
    Thomas you are so brave right now. You’re doing a seriously important thing looking out for her comfort and it absolutely will be making a positive difference to Sheena. This was the right decision and she’s in a place people can help. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 100% the right decision, for you both. 
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Honestly don't know what to say at this point other than that you'll be in my thoughts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    Thinking of you both
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Keep strong Thomas, you’re doing an amazing job. 

• At such a sad time, all I can think is how wonderful it is that that you and Sheena met and love each other. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Like a few others, I’ve stayed away from this thread as I’m useless at articulating myself and saying the right things.

Happy Birthday for yesterday and look after yourself - and of course your lovely Wife.

You should be very proud of the way you are dealing/have dealt with this situation. Take care.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    This thread, as well as showing Thomas as the beautiful man that he is, should also serve as a warning to all of us. How many of us even do annual blood tests and abdominal scans? Much of the time that is all it takes to detect a problem. Yet we all avoid them. A blood test, a finger up your arse once a year and an abdominal scan prevents a lot of this shit from happening. Bite the bullet and get them done (If a GP won't you can go straight to a lab). You never know what it catches in time. 

Thomas has basically defined 21st century masculinity with his behaviour and attitude. Anyone can learn from that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom
  • Sheena passed away tonight.
    She is the love of my life and the best of us.
    I love you, Sheena.
    Me and You, Just us Two. Always and forever.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    We're right here for you, all of us.

The words "Well Done" don't seem like enough for what you've given here and the miracle you've given to Sheena, right to her last moment.

Well done nonetheless kiddo.

We're all so proud of you and you've inspired more than one of us.

Our deepest and sincere condolences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Totally gutted mate. Really really properly heartbroken for you.

We are here for you, if you need us, when you need us. 

Don't have any more words for you. Nothing seems appropriate.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    I feel a big chunk of this Forum will be deeply saddened by the news Tom, you have my deepest sympathies and respect Sir, I hope you and the girls find the strength you need and remember the Love you and Sheena had is forever in your heart Thomas.   hold on in there you have been a marvellous example of a husband, "father" and partner
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5166
    You did her and yourself proud....I've been dreading this news every time I've clicked on this thread....
  • My condolences and deepest sympathies for you Thomas. Please try to remember, at all times, that you did your absolute best by her, and she could not have had a finer person by her side.