Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• Really sorry to hear that mate. Not a lot that zi can say that others already have. Thinking of you all! Chin up and focus on the positive. Make the wedding day something special!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sorry to hear this Tommy. Please remember to look after yourself too.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    So sorry to read that. For what it's worth, I'm hoping for the best for you both. Best wishes.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Horrible news, can't say more than what had been said already. Best wishes.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    Gutted to hear that Tom. I have nothing to add other than look after her mate.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    Even though I don't know you or her, I'm sending you best wishes and a hug! Wishing you both great strength during these tough times! 
  • Sorry to hear this terrible news. She's lucky to have you around from what I can tell, I hope your time together will be good (actually that doesn't seem in doubt - congratulations!)
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    So sorry to hear this.  :(
  • Utterly awful for you both. You've clearly worked very hard for a long time, but if the news turns out to be bad then I would definitely advise that now is the time to say Fuck It All, and just go do all the things you both want. Go Skydiving, swim with Dolphins, or just get married, buy the house, and have a few years of retirement time just being together now instead of later.
    You can always get another job, but often never another chance.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited February 2017
    I'll see what the panel say in 2 weeks. Usually reality kicks in and folk continue to work in these situations - it'd really be something to quit and let life focus on her (she's always spent enough time supporting my career aspirations). 
    I'm thinking back to the commute thread and how we say time is more important than cash at a job further out. So, so true. I'm ashamed to say I've spent too much time at work and with guitar, when I should have spent more with her. 

The support here has been tremendous.
    Thank you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thomas,

There's still a lot of hope, a lot of love, and a lot of memories to be made mate...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Sad news Thomas, be strong for her, and I'm sure there'll always be plenty of FB'ers here for you if you need to get anything off your chest.
    Your company's HR department should be understanding with this. Have a chat with them asap.

Congrats on the engagement nonetheless.
  • Thanks, all.
    I'll definitely check the options with HR... 
    I still need a job at the end of this to support her children. But I don't want to waste the last days at work.
    I need to go - thanks, all
  • Terrible news man, my heart and thoughts are with you all, best of luck. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Congratulations on the impending Nuptials, you can guarantee that we will all be there in spirit and you two make the best memories that you can imagine possible. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Just seen this - terrible news, thinking of you both. I'd echo the sentiments here - enjoy the time you have, work should wait for now, if at all possible. Best wishes, Phil.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Awful news - sincere best wishes to you and yours mate.
  • Man, thats awful to read. Nothing to add. I just agree with everyone else: make every second count and I hope you find someway to stay strong for her and her children. 

I think its awesome that you are now engaged.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Thomas - let HR know the score ASAP - I guess everything is foggy at the moment. Take the time off. HR can get some bad press but I have seen some real decent folks in there. Let's face it you ain't going to be focussed on work at all no matter how much you try, only one thing on your mind. Good luck - they may be incredibly generous with time off.

I have been listening to Steve Hewlett cancer case via Radio 4 on way home from work. Stoic, phlegmatic approach, . . . . . everybody different. I found it useful for one reason: you have fear, grief, . . . all staring you in your face - Make every second happy as best you can count. It is available still on iPlayer etc if you get time.

"I'm ashamed to say I've spent too much time at work and with guitar, when I should have spent more with her. "

Nah mate - that is shock. Ask her, . . . . . Spend more time with the guitar + your wife together, . . . Let her tell you what styles to play.

Work, I'd agree - a stupid waste of human resources if you don't do something you love doing and most people don't. Get time off work immediately.

Regards,

Wayne
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Terrible news, but just get out and have the best time for as long as you both can. Best wishes to you both and congrats on getting engaged!