Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    That was really cheap. As has been said there was no need for a cliff hanger like that. It's not exciting, it's just annoying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a "great" finale like some, but a good one, I enjoyed it. And Negan is a decent new arrival, the Saviours do seem to outnumber everyone else at the mo'.

Difficult to see how the Scooby Gang will get out of this latest pickle, although no doubt they somehow will. It does seem convenient that Carole is awol again when it hits the fan just like she was in Terminus. Surely she can't save the day again? Her and Morgan (who's suddenly flip-flopped on killing) with Hilltop help perhaps?

If my maths is correct there should still be 2 rounds left for the rocket launcher. Abraham found the launcher, loaded, and a case of 3 more rockets. One used on the road, and one to ignite the river in Alexandria. Probably nothing but it's a pissabolity that it could help in the future.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I might be done with it. Cheap cliff hangers one after another..... Probably not though, what with my profile name and all.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9644
    Well, I enjoyed that immensely. I don't mind the cliffhanger, because the whole story arc of the next series depends on who it is (or who it isn't).

The only possibility is Carol and Morgan, but I don't find that realistic at all. They really do look like they're up Shit Creek with their mouths wide open. Bleak.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Of course it was gonna have a cliffhanger of some sort the way the road trip was dragged out. Guaranteed viewers for episode 1 next season, more advertising cost etc.....

Also, we know it's not Carl or Rick.

I'm betting on Rosita.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    On The Talking Dead they said it would be someone the audience would be emotionally invested in, so that leads me to wonder whether it could be Maggie or Glen...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7432
    I have loved and stuck up for pretty much everything that has happened inThe Walking Dead, but that ending was lamer than fuck.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On The Talking Dead they said it would be someone the audience would be emotionally invested in, so that leads me to wonder whether it could be Maggie or Glen...

I liked how Carl was on the far right of the group so that it still didn't give who dies away when Negan looked over.
    The show did used to exterminate big characters willy nilly, but now they seem scared to. Rick, Daryl, Glen or Maggie would be a suitable shocker. Eugene is a bit of a popular dude now though and he did seem to get a send off. Well, sort of.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2016
    Those wondering how they will escape, they don't need to, they will be let go now. That's how the saviours are so big and powerful, every other group "works" for them out of fear.

It was always going to be a cliff hanger, every US drama ever has one as season finale. I see Carol taking Maggie's place from the comics next season.

Think maybe ginger dude got the bat.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Good episode - I assume it's Glen after he survived longer than expected last time.  
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited April 2016
    I didn't like the cliffhanger very much, as the viewers would come back for ep1 of new season regardless of who got the "hit foe a home run". Felt more like a cheap trick, and the POV blood shots are something they've tried this season already (instead of a nice graphic scene. Producers trying to save some money there?).
    I think it could be someone from the Eugene/Abraham duo as there were quite a lot of goodbye scenes over last couple of episodes. Or Glenn perhaps?
    Episode was quite disturbing - I had this little nasty feeling in my stomach -last half an hour of the episode when it was all building up for a final scene - started with the moment when our little gang came across the first road blockade (which would be the easiest one to ram with RV also with the least guards and less armed that Rick's team).
    Carol and Morgan's part was a bit of a drag and, although interesting, felt like unnecessary in the finale as it only brought up new questions instead of tying up things. I liked the horse and that new fellas seem like someone who can help and form an alliance with Alexandria.
    Lincoln - who plays Rick in the show - also did a great job looking like he's losing his marbles. Throughout the season he was confident, cocky and decided to do things on his terms. Not anymore mate - definitely a "pee pee city" there. Some good acting from him.

Oh...and Neegan? Well, I'm not sure I like the actor choice. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a good actor but even with his leather jacket and beard looked - just a but soft. He doesn't have that scary presence I expected from the ultimate baddie. All that anticipation until "the man" finally comes out of his trailer in the end? Hmm, not sure...

Overall I am bit disappointed with the Finale, but having to wait 7months is the worst bit ;)
  • Henry Rollins as Negan would have been interesting if he had the acting ability to carry it off. That's who he was modelled after in the comic book.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    I'm hoping it's the same person that dies in the comics at that point, but don't think they'd leave it on a cliff hanger where you can just go read the comics to find out the answer.

Negan isn't how I imagined. He sweats every other word in the comics and seems to constantly be shouting. The one from the show was very calm and softly spoken.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    They have already departed from the comics in a number of ways.  Several people who are dead in the comics are not in the TV show and several people dead in the TV are still going in the comics so its going to be difficult to predict if they follow this particular plot line or not.   I was also disappointed with the cliffhanger and think it would have been better to end it with a brutal killing of a main character, but hey ho!   

I did like the build up during the episode as the slow realisation that they were truly up the creek dawned upon them and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) looked wild and deranged in that final scene.   Great acting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27095
    I haven't seen it but having read the synopsis I'm getting past caring. My money's on Abraham or Daryl but I hope it would Glen, Maggie or Rick. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JRLJRL Frets: 16
    Deijavoo said:
    The show did used to exterminate big characters willy nilly, but now they seem scared to. Rick, Daryl, Glen or Maggie would be a suitable shocker. Eugene is a bit of a popular dude now though and he did seem to get a send off. Well, sort of.
    Yeah, they've left it too long since killing off someone we like now, so you always know that half of the gang won't have been killed off. Gueesing it was Eugene, Rosita, Sasha or maybe Abraham.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2016
    stickyfiddle;1026864" said:
    I haven't seen it but having read the synopsis I'm getting past caring. My money's on Abraham or Daryl but I hope it would Glen, Maggie or Rick. 
    It's never going to be Rick, the whole show is Rick's zombie apocalypse. I think all the other characters have plus points for it being them.

Glen has become boring in the show (though has morphed into a killer so that could be interesting), Maggie going would be good for the plot as it would change Glenn, Abraham has always be something of a nothing character no matter how much they try and make us care about him, and Daryl really hasn't had any stories all season.

My money is on Daryl now as he has his own show starting on AMC and there are rumours he was quitting as him and the actress who plays Carol hate each other. Also it would be a character that means a lot to the group and losing him would be huge.

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    It's not Rick or Carl as Neegan said to cut out Carl's good eye and feed it to Rick if anyone screamed , so it's neither of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Wow, that was pretty brutal. The sound effects at the end were quite gut churning. It was always going to be a cliffhanger, every series finale and mid season break has been exactly the same lately. I suppose they work on the principle that it keeps people hooked, so why change it.

My money's on Abraham buying it, especially after the cosy "I want a baby with you" chat in the RV. But then there's that suspicion about Daryl too, as Norman Reedus is branching out into other things lately. Hmmm.

I really want it to be "Corl" though, he's really irritating me lately. Somehow I can't see it though. I haven't read the books so I've no idea if Karl matches what's in there? The kid who plays him is a pretty weak actor too IMO but I guess they're stuck with him now.