Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Oh and stupid moment: who's been mowing the lawns? When Morgan set off on his horse to look for Carol (before she got shot again) the grass by the roadsides was all neatly trimmed. Are there gardening Walkers?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Apparently Neegans character was cast because he's meant to be like rick in a way. 'two sides of the same coin' I think the shows creator said in an interview. They want him to be a likeable character doing what he can to survive (like rick) and said that if you'd seen neegans journey from the beginning, you'd be rooting for him.

I enjoyed the episode too, i felt this season to be a bit slow at times, but it looks like everything goings to kick off again for season 7.

Does anyone know when season 7 is due to air?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Will probably return in October, if past seasons are anything to go by.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    sticker said:
    It's not Rick or Carl as Neegan said to cut out Carl's good eye and feed it to Rick if anyone screamed , so it's neither of them.

Exactly.
    I reckon it was Eugene.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    If it's Eugene or ginger guy is that enough of a pay off for all this build up? I know the second half of the season was spent trying to build them as characters but did anyone actually grow to care about them?

If it's one of those then rather than a cliff hanger I think showing the scene from a third person view would have had more of a shock factor, showing Rick and the others witnessing it; the cliff hanger only works if the opening of next season we see either Daryl, Glenn, Maggie or maybe Machone laying on the floor with their brains everywhere.
    I think people would be more sad about it if it was Eugene as opposed to Abraham, if it had to be one of those two, but get what you are saying. It really does need to be one of the MAIN characters. If they want the pay-off to be massive, it needs to be pregnant Maggie, or Ricks love interest in Machone.
  • For what it's worth I thought it was a genuinely good bit of telly with only a few dull parts - Carl and that girl in the armory for example. I thought they ramped up the tension well until Rick realised just how screwed they all were. Jeffrey Dean Morgan played it right. The character in the comics has a swagger and menace that he played with really nicely. The show has needed a good villain for a while and the Governor was too sanitised compared to the comics version. Negan is ultimately a reasonable man who just wants people to follow his simple rules. The point above about if we'd been watching the series from his perspective from the beginning is a good one. To anyone outside the main group, Rick probably does seem like a psychopath!

As for who he was bashing in, I hope it's Glenn like in the comics, anyone else will just be a bit cheap, especially Eugene who is only just beginning to show his value to the group.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    There's some youtube videos going round that have Solo'd the audio and slowed it down and if its what it sounds like, pretty much states who it is and that its one of the main characters.

The link to said video is HERE but I thought I'd not mention who incase anyone wanted to keep the cliff hanger till the new season.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    well Chandler Riggs tweeted that he doesn't know 6months after reading the script so I guess the writers have kept the options open for the start of season 7 ...
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I reckon it's Daryl, not dead though, but enough to get him laid up for a series while he films some other stuff.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I have not read any other comments on the finale yet, I'll go back over.
    Certainly gripping. Lot of new characters and cliff hangers for the next series. An hour without light and shade though, considerable amount of cruelty going on and having sung the praises of The Walking Dead thus far I'm going to have to think about whether I bother with season seven now. There have been quite a few harrowing scenes this series and I wonder, some actually fine performances aside, whether this is what I want to watch.
    I have no particular sense of who got it in the end. I don't know if there's an equivalent scene in the graphic novels but experience suggests they wouldn't follow that anyway. Anyway, I'll go see what I missed on the other contributions on here..
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    ... and I'm back. Henry Rollins has an acting career and I think Negan was a bit of a let down so +1 on it should have been Henry.
    Yes, no issue about them all being let go as they are now Negan's bitches. Speaking of things beginning with N who wondered if he was going to use The N Word in the nursery rhyme? But we got Tiger. All that brutality and yet no one in the post apocalyptic world is racist.
    I'm betting on it being Michone (spll?)not because of the rhyme (if you thought I meant that!) but there just wasn't much of her in that episode. We've also had her love story develop with Rick recently and that would make him postal. Presumably season seven doesn't start with the reveal, I reckon maybe as far as episode three until we know.
    New Fear the Walking Dead starts this week in the US, don't know about here.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9646
    Speaking of things beginning with N who wondered if he was going to use The N Word in the nursery rhyme? But we got Tiger. All that brutality and yet no one in the post apocalyptic world is racist. 
    C'mon, it's Negan, not Clarkson.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I really loved this show, and while this series still had some quality, I just found it really depressing actually. It doesn't feel like it is getting anywhere besides more scenarios of violence.

Basically:
    1) Create a crisis situation that requirements movement
    2) Send characters out to move
    3) Get them in trouble, with lots of threats of violence, and actual violence
    4) Rick and crew save the day with more violence.

Where does the show go? I am not sure if it hasn't painted itself into a corner.
    thermionic;1027753" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Speaking of things beginning with N who wondered if he was going to use The N Word in the nursery rhyme? But we got Tiger. All that brutality and yet no one in the post apocalyptic world is racist. 

C'mon, it's Negan, not Clarkson.
    Had the RV door opened and Jeremy stepped out saying 'and on that bombshell...' it would have worked for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited April 2016
    Eugene. But screw it, I think I am done with the TWD.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    timmysoft;1027670" said:
    I reckon it's Daryl, not dead though, but enough to get him laid up for a series while he films some other stuff.
    One thing we know is someone dies. Even by walking dead standards someone surviving 5 or 6 blows full force with a baseball bat would be too far, especially when you consider the sound effects :D

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Well, i hope it's not Rosita.

Hmm, not a particularly memorable season and an ending where they all get caught, a la Terminus scenario. I was expecting something at least a little different.
  • Out of interest. Anyone think the cliff hanger was a good idea?