Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    musteatbrain;1027807" said:
    Out of interest. Anyone think the cliff hanger was a good idea?
    Yes and no. If it's a big character then it's not so bad, I still think seeing Rick and Co watching their friend have their head caved in would have been much more dramatic, though I think that's how next season will start, we will see the same scene from a 3rd person view and at the end of the speech so who was selected

Part me wonders if the writers aren't sure who they've killed yet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    edited April 2016
    Babones said: Well, i hope it's not Rosita.
    Hmm, not a particularly memorable season and an ending where they all get caught, a la Terminus scenario. I was expecting something at least a little different.

The Terminus Scenario was resolved by a bit of a
    deus ex machina involving Carol... will they do it again? I'm finding it very hard to see how they get out of this one - but in a good "looking forward to the autumn" kind of way.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Out of interest. Anyone think the cliff hanger was a good idea?
    Financially yes. All about that season opener for the cash money advertising.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I hope it's not Rosita, Christian Serratos phwoar :\">
    They don't have to get out of it, they'll be let go won't they? That's what was inferred. Then they've got a whole season to overthrow the saviours.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    thermionic;1027847" said:
    Babones said:

Well, i hope it's not Rosita.

Hmm, not a particularly memorable season and an ending where they all get caught, a la Terminus scenario. I was expecting something at least a little different.

The Terminus Scenario was resolved by a bit of a deus ex machina involving Carol... will they do it again? I'm finding it very hard to see how they get out of this one - but in a good "looking forward to the autumn" kind of way.
    They won't have to escape Negan, he will let them go now he's made his point, like he said if they're dead then they can't work for him.

• So season 7 will likely be the conspiracy of the Scooby Gang to eliminate the Negan Overlord scenario? With Carol and Morgan circling the action from outside the pond.

Sounds good.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think the next season have lots of interesting avenues, it may be the first time we see other groups regularly but independent from Rick and Co.

Hilltop should play a decent part in it (Jesus will be a bigger part surely), as will the guys in armour. It will allow more characters and stories, obviously all centred around their wishes to rid the world of Negan.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Just caught up now. Well that's the end of the worst season so far, it's been pretty poor the whole way through. If this was season 1 I'd have stopped watching it. The standard has dropped massively, feel like I'm watching out of habit/loyalty. The Neagan character didn't convince me at all, too cartoony (I know it's a comic) too cheesy a baddie for me. I'll probably watch the second half but won't be itching for monday night to watch (I've waited till tonight to watch which I wouldn't have done with the other seasons). Hugely contrived in the way they got them all to the end bit-again hundreds of rounds from automatic weapons fired at them-no one hit....then the click bait ending. In the good old days they would kill the character off no bother, now we had two cock teases in two episodes. Grrr, it's becoming Lost with zombies.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I'd have thought logically it would be one of the fellas that bought the big one, the women are too valuable for breeding
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    edited April 2016
    Watched it last night. The rest of the episode was actually fantastically well done, watching Rick's entire world view crumble in the space of a day. 

JDM is excellent. They simply can't put him swearing like Negan does in the comics in the show and keep it on the air in the States, so that was never going to happen, but his monologue was really really good. 

Rick and Carl are safe, as Negan's own words would be redundant if it was either of them. Aaron and Eugene were on the far right with Carl, so I think they're safe as it looked like he was talking towards people to the left of whoever got the beating. 

So my money's still on Darryl or Abraham, but I agree I don't know if the writers have actually decided yet, and wouldn't be surprised if Season 7 opens with a Negan-history flashback, or a Carol+Morgan episode, or something *completely* different, as trolling is clearly high on the agenda for the producers.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Watched it last night. The rest of the episode was actually fantastically well done, watching Rick's entire world view crumble in the space of a day. 

JDM is excellent. They simply can't put him swearing like Negan does in the comics in the show and keep it on the air in the States, so that was never going to happen, but his monologue was really really good. 

Rick and Carl are safe, as Negan's own words would be redundant if it was either of them. Aaron and Eugene were on the far right with Carl, so I think they're safe as it looked like he was talking towards people to the left of whoever got the beating. 

So my money's still on Darryl or Abraham, but I agree I don't know if the writers have actually decided yet, and wouldn't be surprised if Season 7 opens with a Negan-history flashback, or a Carol+Morgan episode, or something *completely* different, as trolling is clearly high on the agenda for the producers.
    You liked the monologue? I thought that was so cheesey personally, like a hard man in Eastenders or something, trying too hard.

What about the automatic weapon fire at their feet that miraculously didn't hit anyone?

I think it'll be Abraham to get the beating, whoever it is won't be dead though I'm sure so I didn't get too involved as they'll just get patched up and be ready to kill zombies again. nothing was said that he was going to kill the person was it?

You're bang on with the next episode, I bet we won't see anything of Negan in the present, likely a Negan history like you say or Carl centred, quick flash to Negan's camp and then credits rolling.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    On the Talking Dead they talked about someone being killed although I'm pretty sure Scott Gimple (producer, I think that's his name) avoided that kind of language. So maybe they survive. Based on the beatings he's had Rick should be brain damaged by now so the writers do think it's okay for characters to take a beating and somehow brush it off.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited April 2016
    Negan always kills a member of the group to make a point, whoever he chose died, the sound effects alone tell you that.

The Polaroids Glenn took a great deal of time looking at shows Negan completes the job each time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On the Talking Dead they talked about someone being killed although I'm pretty sure Scott Gimple (producer, I think that's his name) avoided that kind of language. So maybe they survive. Based on the beatings he's had Rick should be brain damaged by now so the writers do think it's okay for characters to take a beating and somehow brush it off.
    I don't watch The Talking Dead, but Negan just said he's gong to beat the holy hell out of one person and had said that he wanted them alive so they would work for him.

I know it's a fantasy adventure, but if someone beat the shit out of someone with a baseball bat particularly with a shot to the head, the guy would die. Especially with close to zero modern medicine to help. Karl has been shot twice, once in the face. Still ok....

It's getting a bit too much for me to believe all these near misses and miraculous escapes now.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    stickyfiddle;1028010" said:

Yup, spot on.^ Although I'm not sure about the swearing thing. Negan's speech did have a liberal sprinkling of "shit". The Sopranos was absolutely full of swearing, including regular use of mo-fo and the C word, so I don't think the U.S. is really that touchy about bad language. I haven't read the comics though, so not sure what Negan comes out with.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

On the Talking Dead , Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman said that someone the audience was "emotionally invested in" has been killed off and that ends this chapter of the story . They also said there were clues as to who it was .

The next chapter begins with "how Rick and his group deal with this loss and move on " and that after such a cliffhanger the producers are aware that they owe the audience a pay off in Season7 ep 01 .

I hope they've killed off Glenn as per the comic books , I think though it's more likely to be Eugene (given his farewells in the finale) or Darryl , as all through the finale was the 1st person view from inside the van with distorted sound , Darryl is 1st out of the van and would have impaired hearing following being shot in the shoulder by Dwight in Ep15 with the gun at the side of his head , as Soon as Neegan swings Lucille we are back to 1st person view with distorted sound .

Either way I disagree that season 6 was weak  , I actually think the opposite , it had some of the best tension driven telly I've seen for ages and some brutal , harrowing moments .

The Carol/Maggie ep a particular high point , I literally did not know where they were going to go with that at all and I was actually on the edge of my seat at times .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    boogieman said:
    stickyfiddle;1028010" said:

Yup, spot on.^ Although I'm not sure about the swearing thing. Negan's speech did have a liberal sprinkling of "shit". The Sopranos was absolutely full of swearing, including regular use of mo-fo and the C word, so I don't think the U.S. is really that touchy about bad language. I haven't read the comics though, so not sure what Negan comes out with.
    They're not that touchy about swearing but Network television doesn't allow it - the big 4 (NBC, CBS, FOX and TNT) show edited versions of all films they show, with the swear words over dubbed. 

The premium cable networks can get away with more, HBO especially for some reason! (hence why their shows are always violent and sweary, like the Sopranos), but they still have to keep it somewhat regulated I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sticker said:

On the Talking Dead , Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman said that someone the audience was "emotionally invested in" has been killed off and that ends this chapter of the story . They also said there were clues as to who it was .

The next chapter begins with "how Rick and his group deal with this loss and move on " and that after such a cliffhanger the producers are aware that they owe the audience a pay off in Season7 ep 01 .

I hope they've killed off Glenn as per the comic books , I think though it's more likely to be Eugene (given his farewells in the finale) or Darryl , as all through the finale was the 1st person view from inside the van with distorted sound , Darryl is 1st out of the van and would have impaired hearing following being shot in the shoulder by Dwight in Ep15 with the gun at the side of his head , as Soon as Neegan swings Lucille we are back to 1st person view with distorted sound .

Either way I disagree that season 6 was weak  , I actually think the opposite , it had some of the best tension driven telly I've seen for ages and some brutal , harrowing moments .

The Carol/Maggie ep a particular high point , I literally did not know where they were going to go with that at all and I was actually on the edge of my seat at times .

TV entertainment is subjective so glad there's people enjoying it.

I'm not sure I'm emotionally invested in Eugene to be honest, I think the brave move would be to kill off one of the originals-at least from the farm originals, so Glenn, Karl, Maggie, Carol, or Darryl, the rest to be honest have not had the character development that others have had IMO. It's not just a length of time thing either as Eugene and others have been in the show as long as others that have been killed off.

I don't know the comics, but if you say Glenn's been offed in them, the TV show should follow with main character deaths surely?

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    joneve;1028129" said:
    boogieman said:

stickyfiddle;1028010" said:Watched it last night. The rest of the episode was actually fantastically well done, watching Rick's entire world view crumble in the space of a day. 

They're not that touchy about swearing but Network television doesn't allow it - the big 4 (NBC, CBS, FOX and TNT) show edited versions of all films they show, with the swear words over dubbed. 

The premium cable networks can get away with more, HBO especially for some reason! (hence why their shows are always violent and sweary, like the Sopranos), but they still have to keep it somewhat regulated I think. 
    Ah, I didn't know that. Have a wisdom.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    sticker;1028127" said:
    all through the finale was the 1st person view from inside the van with distorted sound , Darryl is 1st out of the van and would have impaired hearing following being shot in the shoulder by Dwight in Ep15 with the gun at the side of his head , as Soon as Neegan swings Lucille we are back to 1st person view with distorted sound .
    I think that is a really really excellent observation.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires