Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogieman said:
    Meh, snoozefest so far. Ezekiel is gettting on my nerves with all the pantomime language. 
    He's one of the characters that doesn't translate from the comics well at all. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought that was the best episode this series! The set piece with the booby-trapped cars was gripping, and an intriguing cliffhanger ending.
  • I liked it! It was almost like a parody of itself... genius at times and actually funny. 

• ive given up.  let us know if its improved
    Me too. There's enough other good stuff on at the moment that I don't even miss it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    edited February 2017
    Honestly don't know why I continue to watch this. The first episode of the season was amazing, but it's like they hit some kind of excitement quota and had to follow it up with 8 episodes of walking and talking.

There are too many separate groups of characters that I don't give a shit about, and even more new characters being introduced. Something decent happens at the end of an episode, but then next episode we're not even with those characters anymore and we might not return to them for a few more either.
    I get that they're setting up to band together to take on the saviours, but literally nothing has happened that I care about since episode one.

Its incredibly frustrating because I've read the comics from the start, and some times I forget that they aren't shit. Like a new issue will come out and at first I won't care because I assume it will be crap, but then I remember that's just the TV series and the comics are great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    The wire between the cars bit was good. 

I guess because of the sheer number of the saviours there's a need to have a lot of opposition, hence all the new people and groups joining up. 

A lot of it it doesn't make sense though: The leader at Hilltop is such a wuss, no way would people respect or follow him. 

Why did Rick and co leave the gates open so the saviours could just drive in? Why wasn't there a lookout on the gate anyway? 

The dynamite on the herd trap was supposed to be dangerous and maybe unstable. So why were they throwing it in the back of their van? (Sasha even threw hers on the ground when the herd was coming). 

Why didn't the saviours seemed particularly bothered that Karl had escaped? Wasn't Negan pissed off that he'd got away? 

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    edited February 2017
    I gave up on TWD this season, but gave it one more chance night before last and caught up and then watched the new episode last night - really enjoyed it actually - best of the season for me - back to their old ways of getting through stuff instead of just sulking in the corner, really looking forward to the next episode - I can't work out who Rick was smiling at in the Boat place.

The 1st half of the season (apart from Episode 1) was absolute shite IMO, they have hopefully saved themselves 2nd half..
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Don't think I'll bother picking this up again, it's just shit. The comics got boring as well, it's the same story of find somewhere nice to live, have someone come along and ruin it, repeat. Just needs to end. 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    stop moaning you lot, its awesome.      Not wild on the fella with the silly speech but I still find the whole show brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Just caught up, about twenty comments behind so I'll have to go back through. I enjoyed it, I can't cope with any more endless grimness ( or any more than a zombie apocalypse would otherwise bring). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Another snoozefest, and possibly the worst cgi scene in ages.

Can see that it will be a big build up to the season finale but it does feel drawn out, I also keep thinking that I've missed episodes as it is all seems a bit disjointed, who are the rubbish people and where did they spring from?

He may be a pantomime villain but Negan is sorely missed at the mo.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725

I liked the mad max bits.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11930
    WezV said:

I liked the mad max bits.

too cheesy, their outfits were so carefully made, I told my Mrs  it was mad Max as well.

I wish they had the guts to keep it "ordinary" for a bit, like Zombies in The Archers or something, too much intense conflict that  is hard to believe
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader

I hope in the end the tiger comes along at the last second just when you think its all gone wrong and rips Neegans face off...

And Daryl is riding it

:)

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Rabs said:

I hope in the end the tiger comes along at the last second just when you think its all gone wrong and rips Neegans face off...

And Daryl is riding it

:)

I HAVE THE POWER!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh my...I've just finished last night's episode.

Show is almost like a soap opera now. I will continue to watch it as it is my guilty pleasure ;)
    Acting is terrible at times. The whole Jadis character too. Rick hitting Winslow The Walker with a keyboard made my day. I still enjoyed it though- story is moving forward and at least something is happening. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Caught up last night. Jeez what a load of crap, the writers really need to up their game soon. 
  • Oh my...I've just finished last night's episode.

Show is almost like a soap opera now. I will continue to watch it as it is my guilty pleasure ;)
    Acting is terrible at times. The whole Jadis character too. Rick hitting Winslow The Walker with a keyboard made my day. I still enjoyed it though- story is moving forward and at least something is happening. 
    It's a continuing drama, of course it's a soap opera :smile: and thus all the problems of having to stretch the story well beyond breaking point.

It was a bit lowbrow sci-fi last night with The Scavengers (reminded me of Omega Man although that might not be very accurate), Winslow and the bad CGI. I'd liked the previous episode (and I liked the Carol-Darryl reunion ) so I've not given up yet but, yeh, underwhelmed this week. 

• Last week's episode is the first I haven't watched as it airs. I might watch it tonight but my interest is starting to drop. I love the universe they've created but this season really has been a drag, apart from the first episode the only thing that's happened is they've split up then got back together. The walkers aren't a threat anymore, a big group of them used to be overwhelming, now the can pretty much just push past them and get to where they're going. 
     Apart from the obvious first episode theres nothing that comes to mind that's been a classic scene or memorable episode. It's too overcrowded now, coming across another group used to be an event, an extension of what's happened, now it's a throwaway event to pad out an episode. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I enjoyed the Eugene episode, I like these little diversions. Better than the garbage people.