Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    dbphoto said:
    Excellent news.  I’m not sure how I missed it was on again!
    It hasn’t been well advertised this time round. Tbh I’d completely forgotten about it too until I got an email from Now tv this morning. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Because I have to turn the Xbox on to watch NowTV I haven’t watched anything there for god knows how long.  In fact probably nothing since the last series of TWD.

Why it can’t be on my smart TV along with Netflix and Prime I have no idea.

Wifey does watch NowTV stuff on her iPad though, otherwise it would have been cancelled.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9674
    Did you hear that Scott Wilson, the actor who played Hershel, died a couple of days ago?

A decent start to the season I think, although the trek from Georgia to Washington DC on horseback was a bit far-fetched. Atlanta to DC is a ten-hour drive!
    Err, spoiler alert dude!

and yes, sad to read he has died, and also read he was going to be making a come back in the series!?
  • I'm yet to catch up on 4th episode of the last series onwards. 
    Did it get any good? I'm surprised with the complete lack of interest for this show on my part... I used to like it, but those last couple series...
    I'm yet to catch up on 4th episode of the last series onwards. 
    Did it get any good? I'm surprised with the complete lack of interest for this show on my part... I used to like it, but those last couple series...
    It got better towards the end and it’s worth sticking with (IMO of course) but it hasn’t been at its best over the last two series. It looks like they’ve taken some of the fan criticism on board for the new series. It’s better written, you don’t need to suspend disbelief quite so much (the dump lady has started talking normally for instance ) and the plot line seems a lot stronger. 
    dbphoto said:
    Err, spoiler alert dude!

and yes, sad to read he has died, and also read he was going to be making a come back in the series!?
    I didn’t know about any comeback, how would that happen seeing as how he was beheaded by the Governor way back?  Without spoilers, maybe there’s some confusion with another character of the same name. 
  • boogieman said:
    I'm yet to catch up on 4th episode of the last series onwards. 
    It got better towards the end and it’s worth sticking with (IMO of course) but it hasn’t been at its best over the last two series. It looks like they’ve taken some of the fan criticism on board for the new series. It’s better written, you don’t need to suspend disbelief quite so much (the dump lady has started talking normally for instance ) and the plot line seems a lot stronger. 
    Cheers bud, I'll give it a go.
    edited October 2018
    boogieman said:
    dbphoto said:
    Err, spoiler alert dude!

I didn’t know about any comeback, how would that happen seeing as how he was beheaded by the Governor way back?  Without spoilers, maybe there’s some confusion with another character of the same name. 
    From BBC news:

‘Wilson's character was killed off in series four of the show. But less than an hour before news of his death was made public, showrunner Angela Kang announced that the character of Hershel Greene would be making a reappearance during the forthcoming season nine.’

Must have been a flashback type thing with him planned?
    dbphoto said:
    boogieman said:
    dbphoto said:
    Err, spoiler alert dude!

From BBC news:

‘Wilson's character was killed off in series four of the show. But less than an hour before news of his death was made public, showrunner Angela Kang announced that the character of Hershel Greene would be making a reappearance during the forthcoming season nine.’

Must have been a flashback type thing with him planned?

Yeah, must be a flashback then. 
     ;) 
    Well I'm happy that it is looking rather good so far!

I do have better things to be getting on with at my office but decided to sit down for an hour and watch it on one of my PC's  :-)
    edited October 2018
    dbphoto said:
    Well I'm happy that it is looking rather good so far!

I do have better things to be getting on with at my office but decided to sit down for an hour and watch it on one of my PC's  :-)
    Do you see why I thought there might have been some confusion over Hershel now? 

It was a way better episode than most of the last series. Hope they keep the standard up. Oh, and Maggie is one badass lady!!  o
  • I just watched the first episode of season 9 having not seen any of season 8.  I dont think i missed very much and it was easy to pick up the story.  Not quite sure i understand what must have been  very long trip to Washington for some seeds though, did they not think of looking for a local garden center.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:

Do you see what I thought they’re might have been some confusion over Hershel now?  ;)

Aye!

and just because:

• Was the talk of the big storm taking out the bridges a link to the recent storm storyline on “fear the walking dead”?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7597
    S9E1 SPOILERS:

in the museum, they didn't need to take the ploughs over the glass - they'd have fit over the side of the bannisters and then around the glass... 
    Red ones are better. 
    Suspension of disbelief and all that folks.

It is a show about zombies after all.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited October 2018
    TimmyO said:
    S9E1 SPOILERS
    yes, all a bit silly. Something that had taken huge weight for years suddenly...

Anyway, lot of exposition and very soap opera. I couldn’t have taken another second of Negan so I’m hoping there is no big comeback.

If I was trying to convince someone that TWD is a great series I wouldn’t use Season 9 episode 1 as my evidence. I guess I’ll stick with it but the rest of the Weary family have given up now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Lots of new plotlines starting and a renewed focus on Zombies rather than people.  Spoiler:

Wasn't clear if Maggie cut the guy down early or if was editing and she'd definitely killed him ? Views ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    He was on the “Those we have lost” segment on Talking Dead so guessing that’s the end of him !