Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2944
    edited October 2018
    I took it that he was a goner

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I took it that he was a goner
    Rewatched a bit of it. Would need a ridiculous explanation if he isn’t. So, y’know, possible in the world of The Walking Dead...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I think this series is going to get very interesting, episode two is really good and is setting up lots of new possibilities.
  • My predictions for the next few episodes:

- A zombie will creep up and surprise someone from behind. That person will struggle inexplicably. They might fall over. Another character will save them at the last minute.

- Our highly efficient zombie killing protagonists will panic about a thinly spaced “herd” approaching, despite clearly being able to kill every zombie in it quite easily. 

- There will be much contemplation of good versus evil. What is good. Can one be good without being evil. Forgiveness, redemption, etc. What is the point of it all. Etc. People will spend most of their time looking pensive. 

- A child, possibly that annoying boy with the stick, or a minor character who will die soon, will make a stupid mistake, like leaving a gate unlocked or something.

- A goodie will forgive or take pity on a baddie. The baddie will then take advantage of this. A minor character will probably die.

- All of the above will allow the baddies to get one over on the goodies.

- Beards will abound. Kempt, well trimmed beards for the most part. 

I’m still watching though!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    I thought it had finished ! talk about flogging a dead horse

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12453
    My predictions for the next few episodes:

- A zombie will creep up and surprise someone from behind. That person will struggle inexplicably. They might fall over. Another character will save them at the last minute.

- Our highly efficient zombie killing protagonists will panic about a thinly spaced “herd” approaching, despite clearly being able to kill every zombie in it quite easily. 

- There will be much contemplation of good versus evil. What is good. Can one be good without being evil. Forgiveness, redemption, etc. What is the point of it all. Etc. People will spend most of their time looking pensive. 

- A child, possibly that annoying boy with the stick, or a minor character who will die soon, will make a stupid mistake, like leaving a gate unlocked or something.

- A goodie will forgive or take pity on a baddie. The baddie will then take advantage of this. A minor character will probably die.

- All of the above will allow the baddies to get one over on the goodies.

- Beards will abound. Kempt, well trimmed beards for the most part. 

I’m still watching though!
    Lol. You just described episode 2 more or less.  :)

This series is much better than the previous one, so far anyway. Lots of intriguing things being set up and better writing. Still waiting for the helicopter sighting to get resolved though (but I don’t understand why nobody has mentioned it???) .. the thing that Rubbish Tip Lady saw was intriguing too. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    ... rubbish tip lady getting all sexy was an interesting development. 

Lot of exposition, sort of series admin to explain shifts in time and stuff that has happened off camera then bits of violence just in case we were falling asleep. It would be a hard sell to anyone who hadn't been a long term viewer. I'd like some of the things being set up to actually start happening and not be dragged out quite as much. 
    Just caught up with the last two episodes and damn, it’s about to get interesting!
    So. Is Rick going to die this time round? 
  • dbphoto said:
    Just caught up with the last two episodes and damn, it’s about to get interesting!
    I guess, although experience suggests that anything interesting will be dragged out over the next three seasons.

boogieman said:
    So. Is Rick going to die this time round? 
    Social media says he does although the clips of the next episode have him struggling on. 
    There seems to have been no effort to keep what happens to Rick this series a secret at all.
    dbphoto said:
    There seems to have been no effort to keep what happens to Rick this series a secret at all.
    I’m almost sure I heard the tv announcer say something about “Rick’s last two appearances” after the last episode. I have got dodgy hearing though.  :)
  • boogieman said:
    dbphoto said:
    I’m almost sure I heard the tv announcer say something about “Rick’s last two appearances” after the last episode. I have got dodgy hearing though.  :)
    Ahh, I wasn’t watching it broadcast. 
    10/10

A*

Top of the fucking class.

Now that was how a Walking Dead episode should be!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You mean: very well sign posted, absolutely clear what would happen, watch in the hope that it's original/a twist, then woefully disappointed by the writing by numbers episode?
    Everything TWD never was, but is now.
    Which Whovian wrote it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nope, not what I meant at all.

Why are you even bothering to watch it?

Anyway, having watched the Talking Dead for the first time afterwards I am looking forward to what else they have coming in TWD ‘universe’
  • Yes!

a decent episode at last.

i mean still lots of falling over / rescue at the last minute nonsense, but interesting ending - at last something new.
    I don’t understand why they announced at the beginning of the show what was going to happen? 

Who else thought Negan was play acting with Maggie? I thought he was going to clobber her and run off. 
  • boogieman said:

Who else thought Negan was play acting with Maggie? I thought he was going to clobber her and run off. 
    Yep, was totally expecting that. Was surprised when he sat down back in his cell.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • That was some twist, fair play. Apocalyptic stories need a glimmer of remaining civilisation to counter the darkness imho. Looks like Rick has been written out but not killed off.