Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bill Paxton RIP

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    ICBM said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    You of all people should know that it'll take a bit longer than a year...  Plutonium 239's half-life is 24,100 years.  Maybe a few extra tins of beans may be needed in your bunker.
    Most of the fallout is fairly short-lived isotopes though - and most are less dangerous once they've been washed out of the atmosphere. Until you start eating vegetables, anyway...
    You'll be fine in Scotland then...;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can see Trump pretty much not being able to achieve anything without completly dismantling the American civil service.
    Every time he trys some hairbrained scheme the civil service will block him saying "you just can't do that!', either for lawful reasons or ethical reasons. Sometime the cost to change will just so huge there will be no point.
    He will also hurt alot of people that voted for him. I can see a complete whitewash in 2020.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5534

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    alcxam said:
    Much as I enjoy all the Trump bashing and hysteria about him bringing the end of the world through nuclear warfare, I think Killary would have been more likely to see the end of us all - she was the official war party candidate, after all...
    Not sure why this is lol'd

Hillary is mental! I mean so, is Trump... but not quite as mental
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    joeyowen said:
    alcxam said:
    Much as I enjoy all the Trump bashing and hysteria about him bringing the end of the world through nuclear warfare, I think Killary would have been more likely to see the end of us all - she was the official war party candidate, after all...

Indeed, Trump might screw the yanks but that is as far as he'll go. She would have armed forces all over the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12388
    joeyowen said:
    alcxam said:

There was an article on the news yesterday that said Trump has pledged a trillion dollars to improve US roads and waterways. The US is already in the biggest debt of its existence, no statement as to where all this money is going to come from, let alone the enormous funding neede to build his Mexican wall. He is absolutely as mental as Hilary...probably more so in fact. 
  • ....and stolen...

Genuinely laughed out loud....
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    I can't help feeling this will all be a bit Order 66 from Star Wars .. well, we shall know more at 5pm our time.
    boogieman said:
    joeyowen said:
    alcxam said:

There was an article on the news yesterday that said Trump has pledged a trillion dollars to improve US roads and waterways. The US is already in the biggest debt of its existence, no statement as to where all this money is going to come from, let alone the enormous funding neede to build his Mexican wall. He is absolutely as mental as Hilary...probably more so in fact. 
    Agreed, but Hillary would have put the money into bombing somewhere no doubt
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    joeyowen said:

Agreed, but Hillary would have put the money into bombing somewhere no doubt
    This. The single biggest reason why Trump might not be so bad, is that if he can avoid accidentally starting a war by shooting his mouth off, he probably won't deliberately start one. He might even decide to pay for things in the US by cancelling what they spend in Iraq, Afghanistan and some on NATO. I think it's cost over a trillion dollars for Iraq and Afghanistan so far. Although his attitude to Iran is worrying...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

That's a point, he threatened to pull out of NATO if the EU didn't start pulling their weight.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    He does have a point, if NATO is meant to be a mutual defence pact rather than a means for the USA to project power. The USA pays 72% of the total cost, the other 27 members pay 28% between them...

I hope he does. Since the end of the Cold War, NATO has progressively changed from a defensive to an offensive alliance, and its eastward expansion has fuelled Russian paranoia and been one of the causes of the war in Ukraine. The European members won't be so pushy if they don't have the US standing behind them with a big stick.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    Watching it live - his speech is dull as fuck so far.  Mega snoozefest.  Nothing like the soaring inspirational speeches of Obama.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Awful vocal by some blonde singer. Needed Katherine Jenkins to add a touch of class and someone who can actually hit the notes! 
    Emp_Fab said:
    Watching it live - his speech is dull as fuck so far.  Mega snoozefest.  Nothing like the soaring inspirational speeches of Obama.
    In that regard Obama is a huge act to follow, in my opinion he is one of the greatest orators of the media age.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    stop lol'ing my posts Hillary
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    He does have a point, if NATO is meant to be a mutual defence pact rather than a means for the USA to project power. The USA pays 72% of the total cost, the other 27 members pay 28% between them...

I hope he does. Since the end of the Cold War, NATO has progressively changed from a defensive to an offensive alliance, and its eastward expansion has fuelled Russian paranoia and been one of the causes of the war in Ukraine. The European members won't be so pushy if they don't have the US standing behind them with a big stick.
    David Cameron seems to be favourite to head up NATO, who deserves the job after his involvement as PM with Libya and so on was so successful.... 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2588
    "Well the first thing I want to say is mandate my ass!"

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • That's a one big ass helicopter there! :)
  • Just as one great leader (Martin McGuinness) steps down we gain another.  

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.