Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bill Paxton RIP

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    Well, looks like there is going to be a new missile shield for america..... Star wars MKII anyone?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72487
    earwighoney said:

David Cameron seems to be favourite to head up NATO, who deserves the job after his involvement as PM with Libya and so on was so successful.... 
    It would be even better if he was going to personally head up NATO by going into eastern Ukraine in a scout car flying a banner that says something like 'Putin Go Home' in Cyrilic...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    Supposedly forest all his ambassadors? Is this true?  Or is just the usual handover? 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    edited January 2017
    Stories like this are fucking irritating:

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-removes-all-references-to-climate-change-from-white-house-website/

The same thing happened with the LGBT page but this is not a problem.
    New president = new website.
    I don't like Trump at all but we need to stay focused on what matters.
    It is perfectly normal for an incoming administration to take down all the old information and put up new information.

If we are going to over-react to every perceived slight then we invite a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.
    Then we lose our voice because people don't listen if and when something truly abhorrent happens.

People need to chill the fuck out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Stories like this are fucking irritating:

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-removes-all-references-to-climate-change-from-white-house-website/

The same thing happened with the LGBT page but this is not a problem.
    New president = new website.
    It is perfectly normal for an incoming administration to take down all the old information and put up new information.

If we are going to over-react to every perceived slight then we invite a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.
    Then we lose our voice becaue people don't listen if and when something truly abhorrent happens.

But supposedly they already have something up about going back in the climate change agreements? 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Is this the end.................of the Mexican Fenders? 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3032
    edited January 2017
    Wolfetone said:
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Will they, Martin and Taylor be pressured to close their Mexican factories? 

And what about chinese, korean etc guitars made for US firms? 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    The first dance was "My Way" ??   FFS...
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2017

Meanwhile Zuckerberg sues Hawaiian families to force them to sell to him for right of access over his private beach.  Just like Madonna FFS.  He's almost ginger FFS.

Where is Adolf when you need him?

I've got a Make America Great Again hat and it looks good.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72487
    octatonic said:

Then we lose our voice becaue people don't listen if and when something truly abhorrent happens.

Rioting and smashing shops is going to change the election result too, obviously… idiots.

Wolfetone said:
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Will they, Martin and Taylor be pressured to close their Mexican factories? 
    Quite likely, I would think - or at best they will have to pay punitive import taxes on them for the US market. I can't see why they would be given an exemption if Ford and General Motors aren't. In theory that shouldn't affect us since there will be no tariff for exports to non-US countries, but in practice it will because it will put up costs for the company overall.

And what about chinese, korean etc guitars made for US firms? 
    I could see that having a different effect - those companies won't want to lose business so they will increase their marketing effort to the non-US world without attaching US brands to them. That might result in more, better and cheaper far-eastern instruments here.

The final result of that could be damage to the US companies and a reduction in demand for American goods worldwide. This isn't just for guitars - it could actually harm America more than benefit it in the long run and backfire on Trump in a big way.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Can you see the likes of Apple bringing manufacturing back to the states? What effect would that have on price? 
  • Reverend said:
    Can you see the likes of Apple bringing manufacturing back to the states? What effect would that have on price? 
    I'm not entirely sure it's even possible; China/Korea/etc have a massive manufacturing base for digital goods, and as such have a massive base of skilled people able to do the job. America doesn't; the job of getting local people trained up to do it reliably would take so long that even with a grace period, it's unlikely they'd be able to get there within Trump's first term (and with policies like this, I doubt he'd get a second).

The one thing that the American electorate can't abide is prices going up on anything (especially if a politician is to blame), and that's exactly what would happen.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Sambostar said:

I've got a Make America Great Again hat and it looks good.

Was it made in China?  :3

As for Mexican Fenders, it's obvious innit - post Brexit, we can have a trade deal with Mexico, so they'll be free...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Fuck that tangerine shitgibbon.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088

Melania's expression says it all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Awful vocal by some blonde singer. Needed Katherine Jenkins to add a touch of class and someone who can actually hit the notes! 
    If you're going to get a decent singer, KJ is not it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Reverend said:
    I'm not entirely sure it's even possible; China/Korea/etc have a massive manufacturing base for digital goods, and as such have a massive base of skilled people able to do the job. America doesn't; the job of getting local people trained up to do it reliably would take so long that even with a grace period, it's unlikely they'd be able to get there within Trump's first term (and with policies like this, I doubt he'd get a second).

The one thing that the American electorate can't abide is prices going up on anything (especially if a politician is to blame), and that's exactly what would happen.
    It does seem like something of a tall order. 

He only just scraped through with the benefits of the electoral college and apparently has the lowest approval ratings of an president at this stage of anyone for a long time. Will he get a second term?
  • Almost 24 hours post being sworn in and he's managed to not blow the entire planet up.....yet anyway.

Given the choice between voting for Trump or Clinton, I'd have been looking at whoever else was on  the ballot paper. With Trump versus Clinton, it's rather akin to being asked if you want your left or right leg broken ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What about this 'mexican wall' he was promising?

I dont like the idea myself, but it might mean we get another Pink Floyd album.
This discussion has been closed.