Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bill Paxton RIP

1235»

Comments

• I think he's still planning the wall, and not in the rather more pleasant Pink  Floyd way either. The last I heard, he wants Mexico to pay for it too.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Stories like this are fucking irritating:

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-removes-all-references-to-climate-change-from-white-house-website/

The same thing happened with the LGBT page but this is not a problem.
    New president = new website.
    I don't like Trump at all but we need to stay focused on what matters.
    It is perfectly normal for an incoming administration to take down all the old information and put up new information.

If we are going to over-react to every perceived slight then we invite a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.
    Then we lose our voice because people don't listen if and when something truly abhorrent happens.

People need to chill the fuck out.

Seriously, fucking everybody on social media should read this post, then reassess everything they are about to say.  The current culture of just posting whatever shit pops into people's overemotional, self involved brains before they pause to consider counter arguments, empathy or knock on effects is potentially damaging for when real issues do come up. 

Someone on my facebook feed earlier was saying the USA needs an NHS and they won't get one so it's basically a humanitarian crisis without considering there could be other solutions to the problem. Someone challenged her, saying 'perhaps an alternative solution will be found - the way the US works is very different to the UK' - and she said 'anyone who is intelligent knows that voting for republicans, not least trump, is stupid'. 

Yeah, right, and you're a fucking genius. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    JezWynd said:

Melania's expression says it all.
    "I zmell wee wee"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    Reminds me so much of when Reagan was elected and the papers were heavy with preidctions for WWIII within months.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    JezWynd said:

Melania's expression says it all.
    She's brighter than she's usually been given credit for.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

This discussion has been closed.