Brands that succeed despite being shite...

What's Hot

Comments

• B&O
    Not shite, but their prices are bonkers, they're basically lifestyle accessories for the douche about town.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    This might be a bit controversial, but Marks and Spencer. Their food is expensive and tasteless. And as for their clothes, I wouldn't be seen dead in any of it.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Mick said:
    Stevepage said:
    Hayter. Their lawnmowers are terrible for reliability.

Seen the new ones yet.?
    None of the local dealers stock them anymore around here, the latest 56 is just taking the piss, in addition to the traditional problems of not cutting in the wet or the dew or in grass above 2cm in length they managed to make it even worse.

Dysons, I've never got Dysons either, especially compared to other British brands like Numatic, Dysons have always been total junk, I've no idea what possesses anyone in their right mind to buy them.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • B&O
    Hmmmm I'm not exactly sure what you mean but these possibilities sprung to mind. 

P&O?
     Ferries I hate ferries full stop I'm 'on board' with you on this one 

B&Q?
     DIY stores that sell cheap rubbish that will crap out in less than a month. 

BO
    body odour?? Can't say many will be against hatred of that, but I'm not sure it's a brand?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bang & Olufsen ?  Agree they are shit too.
  • Reggae Reggae sauce. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Microsoft. 
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Ginsters, heavy flavourless lumps.
    I think my wife has described me like that before

• Carling & Carlsberg pish water 
    Fosters

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Heineken, Budweiser....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Microsoft
    Easyjet

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12378
    Motorhate said:
    Gibson

Harley Davidson

Apple

Budweiser

Fosters

Carling

Carlsberg
    Yup, especially HD. The original bikes  were great but it's all overpriced rust prone junk these days. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, went downhill 6 years ago almost, still surviving.

I like GBK, although I haven't forgiven them for taking Captain Cod off the menu.  And god knows what's in their satay sauce, it sure as hell doesn't taste anything like peanuts.
    Went to the new GBK in Exeter before Xmas. Wouldnt go there again tbh. Burgers were Quite good, but everything else was overpriced garbage. Worst fries ive ever eaten!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16689
    Thread should be renamed "Brands that are successful because they understand their market, but I don't like them and will judge people who do"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 24reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Sony.

Overpriced and with a noticeable tendency to die just after the warranty runs out, in my experience. Not totally shite, but no better than any other mid-market Japanese brand and not worthy of the higher rating they seem to get.
    Not sure they are succeeding particularly well these days

WezV said:
    Thread should be renamed "Brands that are successful because they understand their market, but I don't like them and will judge people who do"
    Just admit that you went out and bought a Dyson and now feel like a right mug, we won't mock you for it....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16689
    edited February 2017
    Sambostar said:
    WezV said:
    Just admit that you went out and bought a Dyson and now feel like a right mug, we won't mock you for it....
    actually we did get one of the cordless ones last year, and i spent last night dismantling and cleaning the little bastard
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Pukka Pies....(more like Pukea Pies)

Durcell batteries....(don't seem to last as long as Aldi ones)

Starbucks...(coffee had been shite recently)
  • I'll go back through this & add wisdoms for everyone who nominated Dyson. The emperor's new hand dryer. I detest the over styled bits of junk.
    The first ones you dip your hands in & out of seem like microbe farms. Unless you have cleaning staff with time & the concern to keep them clean they accumulate a kind of fluffy slime & black mould round in the trough & along the plastic. The second  model is more hygenic, but most of them blow cold, as did some of the early ones. This suggests that there might actually be a sensor or thermostat that the installer is meant to tweak (though I don't know this) how likely is it that someone will have time for that?

I actually have a first model yellow & grey vacuum I got out of someone's bin, as I was sure it couldn't be broken so soon. It was just a knackered switch, also replaced filters & the brush. I think it is a good cleaner, but it's not well made & all the filters & bits are a pain.
    I had to fix a friend's much newer one a while back. Some of the plastic is about as strong as the stuff they make blister packs for pills out of. Had to replace part of the casing because it broke taking it apart, the new bit cracked as well (I don't think it was just me).

I don't know much about Bose things, but I've got one of the wee wedge shaped CD player radio things, via a relative & the sound quality & power is great.
    My old VW was very good, great PD engine 100% reliable & mostly well made. Not  great customer services in my experience though.
    Hotpoint certainly used to be a good company, my last washing machine was inherited & I think it was about 35 years old when I got rid. The motor was still fine.

• danodano Frets: 1593
    The Fretboard.  A load of middle aged lefty blokes all talking about guitars without any actual playing.

Oh wait... I'll get my coat
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom