Do you (or did you) enjoy any rubbish TV?

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
    Gold Rush :-) other half hates it as they never seem to get anything done, great brain dead man TV 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    boogieman said:
    Come Dine With Me is a semi regular one for me. 

Mrs_bob likes this. I'm undecided. Some of them seem to feature only thoroughly irritating people who presumably have no friends to invite over for a normal dinner, so have to go on the telly. 

My wife knows one of the women who was on it. This woman is definitely irritating and incredibly attention seeking, it does seem to be a theme. I suppose normal people cooking and eating dinner doesn't make great tv though. 
    When I was reading about the Sale of the Century ( in relation to another recent Discussion) it said there were strict rules in Britain TV about how contestants had to be picked at random from anyone who applied. Obviously that was relaxed many years ago but now you only get people who fit the format - most notable in Deal or No Deal which is emptying the psychiatric wards. I read an interesting blog by someone about the audition process for Pointless - basically you should be confident but not actually interesting. I know Come Dine With Me isn't a quiz show but clearly they've found their type now so it has become even more formulaic.
    Who was the guy on here who always had Johnny Depp as his avatar? His band were on the show. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Me and Mrs_bob love those shows where camera crews follow policemen around while they deal with the nation's stupidest, drunkest and most obnoxious people. Road Wars, Police Interceptors, Traffic Cops, all that jazz.

They always bleep out the names when the police ask for them. I like to imagine that they're all called things you can't say on the telly before 9PM.
    Oh yes....I  love the Police props too. Espesh when they follow the Cleveland force.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Footie, I used to watch too much footie. South Park used to crack me up, and I was rather too old for it.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3919
    Judge Rinder

He's brill.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @english_bob yeah I'm sure the programme makes a point of deliberately putting obnoxious people together but it works for me because of that.

My favourites are the food snobs who criticize all the other food then have a meltdown trying to make toast :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777

We're slowly going through the '24' series on Amazon Prime. we are up to series 8 and it gets more preposterous by the episode but I still enjoy it.

Come dine with me is an idle distraction too if nothing else is on.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28540
    If I'm ill I quite like Matlock.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    The Chase and 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    boogieman said:
    Come Dine With Me is a semi regular one for me. 

Mrs_bob likes this. I'm undecided. Some of them seem to feature only thoroughly irritating people who presumably have no friends to invite over for a normal dinner, so have to go on the telly. 

My wife knows one of the women who was on it. This woman is definitely irritating and incredibly attention seeking, it does seem to be a theme. I suppose normal people cooking and eating dinner doesn't make great tv though. 

No. There often seems to be three dickheads and a normal person (I often seem to arrive halfway through the show, so I have to take Mrs_bob's word for it), and the normal person wins.

There's always one bitter old bitch who insists at the end that they should have won instead of the person who did. Classy.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    eSully said:

I bet I know why you watch the second one!
  • Supermarket Sweep was a favourite of mine if I was off sick and just lazing around on the sofa.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    kaypeejay said:
    eSully said:

And you'd be right, Are there any 8 letter words Susie Dent doesn't know!!!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Another favourite - If I'm ill and spend the night on the sofa feeling sorry for myself, I love it when Takeshi's Castle is on (usually about 3.00am!). A mad japanese game show where they whittle around 100 contestants down to one with a series of silly tasks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    kaypeejay said:

We're slowly going through the '24' series on Amazon Prime. we are up to series 8 and it gets more preposterous by the episode but I still enjoy it.

Come dine with me is an idle distraction too if nothing else is on.

It's still a really good show though. I do agree that some plot points are bizarre. 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    axisus said:
    Another favourite - If I'm ill and spend the night on the sofa feeling sorry for myself, I love it when Takeshi's Castle is on (usually about 3.00am!). A mad japanese game show where they whittle around 100 contestants down to one with a series of silly tasks.

Takeshis Castle was my favourite show as a kid, it's just something about how desperate the people are to win. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28540
    kaypeejay said:
    eSully said:

Probably the same reason as me - unlike normal Countdown, it's possible to beat the contestants scores.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    Two that spring to mind are Through The Keyhole (the Keith Lemon one) and Gogglebox.Both rubbish as a concept but brilliant Friday/Saturday post beer/Jim Beam tv.

Oh and Fast and Loud.The Concorde taking off loud background music and Richard Rawling being a bit of a dick (Aaron's cool though) annoys me but I love the cars they make.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    Gogglebox.
    How is a show where you watch other people watching TV as much fun as Gogglebox? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    There is so much rubbish on television now I usually record a few hours of it and me and the missus spin through any programmes and just watch the adverts.