New Fender "Vintera" Series

What's Hot

Comments

• bluenilebluenile Frets: 47
    Seems they've been taking cues from the Japanese line with the 7.25 traditional series and the hybrid models with  modern radius and switching options. The new sea foam tele looks similar to the Japanese Hybrid one from not long back besides the pau ferro and more generic pickups, although given that the JP had locking tuners and a rw board for not much more outlay this seems like a worse deal. Would be interested in giving the strats a go however if the necks are a bit thicker as my 50s cv causes my hand to cramp up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Had a look at a few in Coda at the weekend, look very nice indeed, the 50s Strat was nice light and resonant 
  • BadnotesBadnotes Frets: 48
    I actually picked up a Vintera 50's telecaster today and I am absolutely blown away by it 

https://imgur.com/a/WJFH3na
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    edited July 2019
    how do I delete comments ????
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6069
    I have the Classic Series 50s Tele (white blonde, maple neck) and I just tried a Vintera 50s mod Tele today and it feels and sounds a lot better. The neck feels really good and the pickups sound clearer, and it’s lighter. Played straight into a Blues Jnr IV and was very impressed.
    Excellent news. The Classic series was one of Fender's best in the low to mid price range. The addition of U shaped neck and improved pickups is good news. It would have been nice if they'd kept a blonde option - that is a classic Fender colour after all.
  • JezWynd said:
    I have the Classic Series 50s Tele (white blonde, maple neck) and I just tried a Vintera 50s mod Tele today and it feels and sounds a lot better. The neck feels really good and the pickups sound clearer, and it’s lighter. Played straight into a Blues Jnr IV and was very impressed.
    Excellent news. The Classic series was one of Fender's best in the low to mid price range. The addition of U shaped neck and improved pickups is good news. It would have been nice if they'd kept a blonde option - that is a classic Fender colour after all.
    Just for clarity, this is the guitar I currently have (and am selling): https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-classic-series-50s-telecaster-in-white-blonde#product-details

... and this is the Vintera Tele I tried. It's closer to a Baja Tele with the pickups mod: https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/telecaster/fender-vintera-50s-tele-modified-butterscotch-blonde

The latter is very nice indeed for the money. No Tele has, for me, bettered the FSR Roasted Ash 50s Tele I had and sold (for ££ reasons), I really miss that guitar. Stunnning.
  • BlackbooksBlackbooks Frets: 26
    Has anyone tried the Vintera 60's modified Strat and how it compares to the Classic Player 60's Strat?
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Add me to the ‘guitars look good, don’t like the name’ camp. 

Jamed together words are a stucking idea 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I have to say, I am very interested in these. They seem to have done a great range in terms of options, colours and specs. I am going to have to try a couple I think.

The 50s Modified in Daphne Blue... Hmmm.

• NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I like the range and enjoyed the Andertons reviews - I think they'll regret dropping the Baja name, that guitar had a unquiness to it (love it or not) now its just lost in the mix ;(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Has anyone tried the Vintera 60's modified Strat and how it compares to the Classic Player 60's Strat?

The CP has 12” radius, the Vintera modified has 9.5” and the back of the neck is satin.

The Vintera also has an S1 to bring in the neck pickup in positions 1 and 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Might be a bit early to get an answer to this but does anyone know what the routing is for the Vintera Strats?

Specifically the modified ones.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    The surf green 60s mod Jazzmaster caught my eye at Peach the other day. It looked great from across the room but, up close, the pau ferro fretboard looked orange and dry. I'm not a wood snob or anything but it just didn't look nice. Also, the adjustomatic bridge moved back and forth when the trem arm was depressed. That would worry me unless they have invented a rocking version of that bridge.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    The surf green 60s mod Jazzmaster caught my eye at Peach the other day. It looked great from across the room but, up close, the pau ferro fretboard looked orange and dry. I'm not a wood snob or anything but it just didn't look nice. Also, the adjustomatic bridge moved back and forth when the trem arm was depressed. That would worry me unless they have invented a rocking version of that bridge.
    I looked at a gibson tribute last week which had a really orangy dry looking and feeling fretboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18783
    Nikc said:
    I like the range and enjoyed the Andertons reviews - I think they'll regret dropping the Baja name, that guitar had a unquiness to it (love it or not) now its just lost in the mix ;(
    I'm glad the Baja name is gone, I couldn't bear hearing them called 'badger' any more  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    Might be a bit early to get an answer to this but does anyone know what the routing is for the Vintera Strats?

Specifically the modified ones.
    @MattFGBI sorry to bother you but do you happen to have the above info?
    Another question in case anyone knows this answer:

Does the 50s Modified Strat have a truss rod adjustment at the neck joint rather than at the headstock?

It kind of looks like it from the photo. Might be something that would put me off buying one.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5858
    thegummy said:

Does the 50s Modified Strat have a truss rod adjustment at the neck joint rather than at the headstock?

It kind of looks like it from the photo. Might be something that would put me off buying one.
    It's a solid Walnut Plug by the looks of it, for cosmetics, so it adjusts at the Neck Heel it seems. If you magnify the image on the Fender Website you can tell.

Some other models have it or at least the Classics they replaced did.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    thegummy said:

It's a solid Walnut Plug by the looks of it, for cosmetics, so it adjusts at the Neck Heel it seems. If you magnify the image on the Fender Website you can tell.

Some other models have it or at least the Classics they replaced did.
    That's a shame.

It's a feature I've always hated on my Precision Bass.

And I've never seen any reason for it other than to be "vintage correct" which frustrates me because it's idiotic.