The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club (NSFW)

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72634
    I'm not sure why there is so much variation either, but you'd be doing very well to get a 360 for as low as a grand now. Some colours are definitely more desirable than others though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7210
    id imagine a FG 360/6 in good nick with the case should fall around the 1500 mark, give or take £100 or so each way depending on how good a day you're having. Buying from a shop will inflate that, but truth be told, you can have a new one for under £2k if you put the legwork in, so dont over-pay. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    ICBM said:
    I'm not sure why there is so much variation either, but you'd be doing very well to get a 360 for as low as a grand now. Some colours are definitely more desirable than others though.
    id imagine a FG 360/6 in good nick with the case should fall around the 1500 mark, give or take £100 or so each way depending on how good a day you're having. Buying from a shop will inflate that, but truth be told, you can have a new one for under £2k if you put the legwork in, so dont over-pay. 
    Thanks both, I appreciate your input.

It might be nice just to try one out and see what they're like.  

I've almost pulled the trigger on a new 620/660 a few times when I saw them in the sales but always either talked myself out of it or procrastinated too long and they sold.

I shall see what today brings...

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 868
    Thomann have the 330 for £1700 which is the cheapest I've seen new. https://www.thomann.de/gb/rickenbacker_330mg.htm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    oh_pollo said:
    Thomann have the 330 for £1700 which is the cheapest I've seen new. https://www.thomann.de/gb/rickenbacker_330mg.htm
    yeah, DV247 and Thomann are by far and away the cheapest, but I'd only consider those in stock as I spoke with both of them, and they've said that they're having to wait up to 2 years for some orders from Rickenbacker. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    ICBM said:
    Yeah, more or less this.  If it helps, I got my JG 360/6 (pretty much mint, used/demo guitar) for about £1300.  That was 3 years ago now, but I'd expect a decent used example to be in roughly the same ballpark.  Maybe £1200-1500?...Probably on the higher end of that for FG.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    @GavRichList got a couple of photos now.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    andy1839 said:

looks legit! selector switch-tip has been swapped, and it looks to have 2 bridges...but otherwise, definitely real 
    andy1839 said:

looks legit! selector switch-tip has been swapped, and it looks to have 2 bridges...but otherwise, definitely real 
    Nice one!

Do they use the same case for 330 & 360?

Would there any reason for two bridges? Do they fail often?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3271
    Looks lovely @andy1839, are you going to pull the trigger on this one (I would)?
    same case, yes. I believe the bridges *can* rattle a bit...but that said, both of mine are solid - I think it may be a case like so many things, of exaggerated on the ol' internet.  
    GavRichList said:

The whole switch has been swapped - that looks like a Schaller type, not a Switchcraft.

It's worth putting the right one in, they're just better. Rickysounds have them - they're not the standard ones you can get elsewhere, they have a 'long bat' toggle. Not cheap unfortunately!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    GavRichList said:

The whole switch has been swapped - that looks like a Schaller type, not a Switchcraft.

It's worth putting the right one in, they're just better. Rickysounds have them - they're not the standard ones you can get elsewhere, they have a 'long bat' toggle. Not cheap unfortunately!
    Ah, ok.  

It does have the stereo thingy on it too.

The stereo thing is really cool - I've used it in an 'acoustic' duo context, with a singer who doesn't play guitar so there's only one instrument. If you DI the neck pickup with some EQ - straight into the PA, not through an amp simulator - and run the bridge pickup into an electric guitar amp (or amp simulator into the PA) with an overdriven sound and a bit of reverb, when you play strummed/picked parts you get what sounds like two guitars, a more 'acoustic' rhythm part with an 'electric' lead at the same time.

So much so that when I fixed up my old 450 - which is normally a mono model, but someone had drilled a new jack socket hole in the side when they'd tried to turn it into something more like a Les Paul (!) - I added the second jack and the stereo wiring.

It doesn't make any difference to the switch though, it's the same for both types of wiring - it's just the jacks that are different.

• NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    same case, yes. I believe the bridges *can* rattle a bit...but that said, both of mine are solid - I think it may be a case like so many things, of exaggerated on the ol' internet.  
    They do rattle, and come loose. In fact one of my bridge screws fell out once, so I’ve used a dab of superglue to hold them in. 
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • RonnieHotdogsRonnieHotdogs Frets: 187
    edited June 2020
    My '99 360JG/6 and 89 340MG/6 - sorry for big photos 
    20170408-213532

20170408-213403
    20180531-200947

20170531-174155
    20190901-195823

20180614-144820

20180614-173926
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4946

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4946
    Kahler, Seymour Duncan, Freeway (6-position) selector switch.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RonnieHotdogsRonnieHotdogs Frets: 187
    edited June 2020