Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Go out and eat! (Safely of course)

What's Hot
strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
Your local favourite restaurant/café hasn't been able to trade for the past 4 months. 

They're probably open again, and the food is half price, so go out and support them!

If we don't, all that will be left is McDonald's.

(Just be sensible, wash your hands and keep your distance)

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    If you're in the Manchester area, you can't meet other family members outside in your garden, but you can do a) in a pub garden or b) in a potentially busy restaurant on a government meal-deal.

Is it kids who are drafting this sh*t?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Trouble is most of the small places nearest to me are usually all booked out, so to go to the city centre would negate the discount with parking costs. Hopefully it does help the small indies to pull through.

I shouldn't be eating out anywhere anyway as lockdown has not been kind to my diet...

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    My nearest restaurant/ cafe is MacDonalds! 

Seems a bit of a nonsense in light of a possible second lockdown but hopefully we’ll make use of this next week when we are off work. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Philtre said:
    Two different issues (which the Guardian should know better than to conflate)

Food poverty deserves attention and needs to be dealt with, but the "eat out to help out" has little to do with the food consumed, and more to do with the fact that the hospitality sector is a major part of the UK economy and has been hit particularly hard by Covid.
    These small independent eateries are significant employers, and will literally disappear and be replaced with another branch of a multinational corporation unless they get support.

So by all means give to a food bank, but that in itself will do nothing to lift people out of poverty, while supporting small businesses actually might
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7012
    Really?  They’re using “ Eat out to help out" as a slogan?  Is somebody having a laugh?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    If these places were doing this deal for takeout I'd be more inclined. 
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:
    Really?  They’re using “ Eat out to help out" as a slogan?  Is somebody having a laugh?
    It won't catch on as it's more than the usual three words
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Cols said:
    Where have you been hiding ?........that's been the buzzwords for 10 days
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    I had a very nice dinner last night assuming all restaurants were included..........only at the end did the waiter tell me that they weren't doing that scheme ........I thought they all did . No discount for me .
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2291

We're eating out at a couple of v local places that have a garden. Not inside.
    It's fine just sanitise you hands every 10 seconds..

But our local little Thai place is crampled like an old style cafe and has no garden but is superb so we've been getting take aways from them.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Dominic said:
    I had a very nice dinner last night assuming all restaurants were included..........only at the end did the waiter tell me that they weren't doing that scheme ........I thought they all did . No discount for me .
    Le Gavroche?

They tried to do the same to me. I just had the free amuse bouche and legged it. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Tbh I prefer & will keep getting takeaways and letting the delivery driver leave it on the steps.  I only go out, to go food shopping.

Why risk it?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    My highstreet is kinda wank. 
    Its half a mile long and contains 17 barbers and 64 convenience stores, 63 of which sell imported coke from multi-packs but individually.. the rogues :o 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited August 2020
    It's also good to see £14m-worth Jeremy Hunt taking advantage of £50 off his meals. I assume that chap next to him is in his social bubble but not sure about the other three people he sat with...

• Cols said:
    Fancy a "hand" ?

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7012
    Cols said:
    Fancy a "hand" ?
    I suppose it’s a step up from “Clap for Boris”.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5147
    Hattigol said:
    If you're in the Manchester area, you can't meet other family members outside in your garden, but you can do a) in a pub garden or b) in a potentially busy restaurant on a government meal-deal.

No you can't. The rules say you can go out to a restaurant with people from your own household, but you shouldn't socialize with anyone who isn't part of your household.

Exactly who's going to do anything about it is a different matter. The pub I passed on my way home from work yesterday was heaving, and there was clearly contact between people from different households.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Cols said:
    I think 'Is somebody having a laugh' is a more accurate slogan for this government...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The sad thing about this is the people that could afford to eat out before can do it for less money now, the people that could barely afford to put food on the table still get nothing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom