Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Music room renovation

What's Hot

Comments

• I want that one!

What do you reckon you have spent on materials?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Nice man, be interesting to find out the difference the rockwool in the floor and the rubber slabs have made as its something I've considered my self.

Great work so far!

• robwright said:
    I want that one!

I dread to think! :fearful: 

Certainly over £1000 on it so far. The floor would've been the bulk of that. If we're including tools and stuff that I'm gonna use on the rest of the house, then probably closer to £1500, maybe a tad more.

Bye!

• Adji said:
    Nice man, be interesting to find out the difference the rockwool in the floor and the rubber slabs have made as its something I've considered my self.

Great work so far!
    The floor feels really solid, you can feel there is mass under it, if that makes sense. It's definitely made a big improvement to impact noise, but I don't know about airborne noise yet until I get it all set up.

Here is the datasheet for the Acoustilay 15 panels:
    https://www.soundreduction.co.uk/content/files/srs_acoustilay_data_sheet.pdf

Bye!

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2307
    robwright said:
    I want that one!

I dread to think! :fearful: 

Certainly over £1000 on it so far. The floor would've been the bulk of that. If we're including tools and stuff that I'm gonna use on the rest of the house, then probably closer to £1500, maybe a tad more.
    Money spent on decent tools is never wasted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed, and there is a lot of stuff to do on the rest of the house too! Gonna turn the attic into a storage hole as well, so it'll all come in handy.

Bye!

• Gonna look boss when tis done for sure!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Don't know what colour to make me walls. What would go nice with red panels?

Bye!

• I made mine white so anything you put ont hem defines the room....I put a chonging great zodiac mural on mine. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837
    Don't know what colour to make me walls. What would go nice with red panels?
    Two tones of grey:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3329
    Although I haven't got any red showing here in the pic of mine when first done, I agree with James that 2 tones of grey would work well.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Kebabkid ;
    When I saw your shots I was like "I wanna do THAT!"

I'm thinking a dark grey with my red panels, and I'm thinking of having stenciled images across the front of the panels. Some cool Japanese samurai movies or something.

Bye!

• @WiresDreamDisasters Are you going to do anything special with the window, or are you not too bothered about sound getting out that way?
  • @WiresDreamDisasters Are you going to do anything special with the window, or are you not too bothered about sound getting out that way?
    Actually not that bothered. I'm using it as a way to let low-end out of the room.

Bye!

Actually not that bothered. I'm using it as a way to let low-end out of the room.
    Nah...just get an air freshener ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• And there's paint going on the walls!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great job.

I’d love to do that.
  • Just cut in for the ceiling. Cleaned up some nasty spots. Couldn't be arsed to start the first main roll though!

And I'm getting itchy trigger fingers for a new computer ... mmmmmmmmmm

Bye!

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Looking good! I really like the contrasting wall colours.

• Sorted the ceiling out. Got a few bits across the top of the walls to patch up, but we're basically done. I'm loving these colours!

Ordered skirting boards. Should arrive by the weekend I hope. If not, then next week. Think I'm gonna try kerf cuts for the rounded bit of the bay window. Cut across the front of the board so I can bend it inwards, then fill in the gaps with filler, and paint. We shall see.

After that it's picking the positions for my acoustic panels, putting battens up for those, and being a bit more methodical about it than I was in the flat, coz I want them straight on the walls and with a bit of a gap!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom