The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @Dopesick I could never get it into it. Maybe I should give it another go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    edited April 2021
    I've had Apple TV for a few months now and thought I'd give Ted Lasso a go. What a belter. Treads all the old cliches but it's brilliantly done. Laugh out loud funny and absolutely wasted on Apple TV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Broad City

Has anyone else seen (or even heard) of this? Just been put on Amazon Prime. Two girl pals in their mid 20s bum around in their mid twenties juggling relationships, smoking weed, doing gross shit etc. Yeah, doesn’t sound much on paper, but this is fucking amazing. The show has already come to an end, but five seasons of this were made so that’s me sorted for the next few weeks. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5636
    Just started watching series 2 of Homecoming.

We watched season 1 a couple of years back and enjoyed the way it was made, although it wasn't as sinister as the mood made it out to be.

Season 2, although only two episodes in, seems promising.  It's very intriguing and the photography is excellent.  It's slow burning but incredibly gripping and it has an almost a retro vibe to it that I can't quite describe.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Started watching Leonardo on Prime. Aidan Turner (Poldark bloke) as the lead. Only a couple of episodes in but it’s rather good so far, much better than the overcooked nonsense of DaVinci’s Demons. 
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    Life on Mars. Missed it first time, but watched it recently. 

Then the even better Ashes to Ashes.  Slow to episode 4 then boom.

you heard it here last.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Intergalactic - Sky. I only made it half way through the first episode so this might be a bit knee jerk but I thought it was poor.
    Even Craig Parkinson couldn't save it.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24297
    Utopia
    (American version with John Cusack - on Prime)

I've not seen the UK one - that's next.

Nice. Good cast, nice amount of weirdness. Christopher Denham was excellently creepy.
    Shame that they didn't do more than 1 series but at least it was a sensible cut off rather than an unwise cliffhanger.

7/10

UK one next for a comparison.
    I'm also watching The West Wing for the first time.

Really enjoying it - nicely sarcastic and a good ensemble cast.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited May 2021
    Dopesick said:
    Broad City

Has anyone else seen (or even heard) of this? Just been put on Amazon Prime. Two girl pals in their mid 20s bum around in their mid twenties juggling relationships, smoking weed, doing gross shit etc. Yeah, doesn’t sound much on paper, but this is fucking amazing. The show has already come to an end, but five seasons of this were made so that’s me sorted for the next few weeks. 

@Dopesick ;Yeah I just finished and really enjoyed it.

Just watched a bit of the American version of the office. Man that is soooo bad. I actually couldn't turn it off it was like car crash TV!
    Started "his dark materials"(?) 
    Pretty intriguing so far.
    I enjoyed that.

Closer to the books than the film.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7423
    I'm also watching The West Wing for the first time.

Really enjoying it - nicely sarcastic and a good ensemble cast.
    Oh that is so good 
    Red ones are better. 
    edited May 2021
    I enjoyed that.

Yep was quite good (haven't seen the film or book) and also just watched and liked Jonathan strange and Mr Morrell. 
    I enjoyed that.

Yep was quite good (haven't seen the film or book) and also just watched and liked Jonathan strange and Mr Morrell. 
    The books are great.

The film is, err, not so much.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7288
    Utopia
    (American version with John Cusack - on Prime)

I've not seen the UK one - that's next.

Nice. Good cast, nice amount of weirdness. Christopher Denham was excellently creepy.
    Shame that they didn't do more than 1 series but at least it was a sensible cut off rather than an unwise cliffhanger.

7/10

UK one next for a comparison.
    The US one is kinda slicker as you might expect but the C4 one had a really great feel to it especially for the time and budget....both were great.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Dopesick said:
    Broad City

@Dopesick ;Yeah I just finished and really enjoyed it.

Just watched a bit of the American version of the office. Man that is soooo bad. I actually couldn't turn it off it was like car crash TV!
    Glad you enjoyed Broad City. I’m currently on Season 4 at the moment, in between watching other shows.

Major disagree on The Office though, one of the best shows the US has produced in recent times! Completely different to the UK version which I feel some people may compare it to. Both are awesome though.
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 293
    Win The Wilderness (Netflix)

Six British couples compete in an Alaskan outdoor experience, with the winner being given a remote off grid property in the wilderness.

O.k. it's reality TV, but more watchable than most due to the scenery and the lack of the usual manufactured "drama", shouty narration and endless recaps. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    I’m getting near to the end of my “king of queens” seasons
      Doug drives a delivery truck for IPS  has a cute wife and her crazy father (Jerry stiller ) lives with them . It’s brilliant Doug is overweight and loves to eat and constantly gets into crazy situations trying to avoid doing something he hates etc .
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    I’m getting near to the end of my “king of queens” seasons
      Doug drives a delivery truck for IPS  has a cute wife and her crazy father (Jerry stiller ) lives with them . It’s brilliant Doug is overweight and loves to eat and constantly gets into crazy situations trying to avoid doing something he hates etc .
    I read Leah Remini’s ( Carrie) autobiography a while ago. Not all that much about King of Queens other than she had to lead this double life whilst shooting it because of her involvement in Scientology. Playing this sexy funny character and having a nice time on set then going home to a weird intrusive religious life. 
    I think it’s a good show, bit more relatable than a lot of US sitcoms and some funny set ups. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom