Helix LT is now available for order. Cut down version - ish.

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I think the tabletop format is a bit of a dead end for a lot of people.

The really appealing thing with the Helix is the flexibility and speed. You lose a lot of that if you shrink it down to a tabletop unit with no footswitches on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 119
    So I'm a converted and bought a helix lt this week. I should probably read through the whole thread...but have cases been discussed? Found?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    So I'm a converted and bought a helix lt this week. I should probably read through the whole thread...but have cases been discussed? Found?

Official Line 6 Helix backpack

Novation backpack - cheap and fits

Gator mixcase - nice ABS case with wheels fits like a charm

Thoman / ebay custom flight cases

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    There is this too but
    http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/line-6-helix-pedalboard-flight-case/
    If you only use the Helix the official backpack is great and plenty protection

Cabicular said:
    There is this too but
    http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/line-6-helix-pedalboard-flight-case/
    If you only use the Helix the official backpack is great and plenty protection

That's a nice case.  HAs the added bonus that you can pop the lid on between sets to avoid it getting trampled
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3052
    I'm gonna have to find a live-in case for my FoH gear (Helix Control + expression pedals).

Not started looking yet...

R.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Digital_Igloo said:
    The original POD was designed as a recording device, when non-DSP-accellerated computers weren't fast enough to run amp modeling plugins (like Amp Farm). Now that everyone and their mom uses a computer to record, the closest thing to a Helix desktop solution is Helix Native with a decent audio interface with either a variable (or ~1M Ohm) impedance input

Using the instrument input on a SPL Crimson audio interface made a huge difference to the quality of sound I was able to achieve with amp modelling software, so the Helix Native may be all that I'll need.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Can I ask a stupid guy-who-only-owns-pedals question, please? With the Helix LT is it simple to turn several pedals off/on with the hit of one button, switch looper style? I understand how the 8 buttons line up with the 8 squares onscreen but just need reassuring before I pull le trigger.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    @VJIves said:
    Can I ask a stupid guy-who-only-owns-pedals question, please? With the Helix LT is it simple to turn several pedals off/on with the hit of one button, switch looper style? I understand how the 8 buttons line up with the 8 squares onscreen but just need reassuring before I pull le trigger.
    Yeah, using snapshots that's no problem at all.
    VJIves said:
    You can do that, you can also change all the settings on the pedals with the same button press
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    John_A said:
    VJIves said:
    You can do that, you can also change all the settings on the pedals with the same button press
    That's cool, thanks. What happens if I have a song that moves from one section that requires one set of pedals into a second section that requires eight different ones? Would I be able to move between the two with no latency?
    Possibly not.  To do anything without a gap between changes it all has to be in a single preset.  So you would need 16 pedals in a preset which is possible but you may run out of DSP.  That's a bit extreme though.  The gap between full preset changes isn't huge and if you time it right you'll be OK.  Saying tat I have presets with 10 pedals plus an amp and cab, so 16 may be possible
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    VJIves said:
    John_A said:
    VJIves said:
    That's cool, thanks. What happens if I have a song that moves from one section that requires one set of pedals into a second section that requires eight different ones? Would I be able to move between the two with no latency?
    If you are using the amp modelling as well it is a 'depends' pedals only probably fine
    although I would look to see if there wasn't more you could do with Parameter tweaks
    I'm struggling to see a scenario where you need 8 entirely different pedals
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited April 2017
    simonk said:
    @VJIves said:
    Yeah, using snapshots that's no problem at all.
    You can do it without using snapshots by just assigning the bypass states of multiple effects blocks to a single footswitch
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    VJIves said:

That's cool, thanks. What happens if I have a song that moves from one section that requires one set of pedals into a second section that requires eight different ones?
    What happens then is that the audience either doesn't notice, or doesn't notice.

You can have every parameter change from one snapshot to another, and the Helix will let you run a lot of blocks at the same time, so you can have some pretty extreme changes. It does have limits, but how would you do that with a conventional pedalboard?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited April 2017
    So... my second practice using the Helix as a amp controller and effects unit in 4-cable method.

I am properly in love with this. I really don't need any singles pedals.

I did end up using 4 delays at once for one of our songs though!! Eek!!!
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    So... my second practice using the Helix as a amp controller and effects unit in 4-cable method.

I am properly in love with this. I really don't need any singles pedals.

I did end up using 4 delays at once for one of our songs though!! Eek!!!
    Awesome.

Given how many units and setups haven't worked for you that says a lot
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I'm sure this has been said before but can you use Helix to change amp channels OR switch between two amps/feed guitar signal to two amps? 
    Adamski said:
    I'm sure this has been said before but can you use Helix to change amp channels OR switch between two amps/feed guitar signal to two amps? 
    Yes there is an external channel switching jack but not with the LT
    you can send signals to 6 amps if you want and two XLRs to the PA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    Adamski said:
    Yes there is an external channel switching jack but not with the LT
    you can send signals to 6 amps if you want and two XLRs to the PA
    LT also has a dual external channel switching jack, but its functionality is shared with EXP 2 In. You globally choose what that jack does.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg