Helix LT is now available for order. Cut down version - ish.

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    edited April 2017
    You know, Im gonna try a Helix...

Price aside, Im learning towards the floor, as there doesnt seem that much difference in size ? The simplicity of tHe workflow in this video below appeals to me...

Other than price, any advantages of the LT over the floor ?

The LT does look neater to me...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28654
    I s'pose the LT will be quicker to plug in if you're regularly moving it around - the back of the "full" Helix looks like Line6 had a connector-gun and kept firing until they ran out of space.

If I was buying again, knowing what I do now, I'd probably go for the rack version as I spend a fair bit of time tinkering with sounds and I'm too old and creaky-of-bone to sit on the floor for an hour.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

I think I'm going to get one.  Thomann give a 3 year guarantee, is there anywhere else that does this?  1 year sounds a little short for such an investment.  Perhaps I'm over worrying but I've had bad luck with toasters lately.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2202
    Sporky said:
    ...If I was buying again, knowing what I do now, I'd probably go for the rack version as I spend a fair bit of time tinkering with sounds and I'm too old and creaky-of-bone to sit on the floor for an hour.
    I was assuming it would be possible to do the tweaking on my computer via the USB interface. Otherwise I'm going to have similar problems, unless I put it on a table.
    It's not a competition.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited April 2017
    You can edit stood up, using your feet too. It's a cool feature and possibly unique currently. I'm guessing since this uses scribble strips it is full fat only?

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

You can edit the LT by foot also, not sure if the operation is different
    You can edit stood up, using your feet too. It's a cool feature and possibly unique currently. I'm guessing since this uses scribble strips it is full fat only?

Man, thats a really useful feature - i never knew that !
  • @Wazmeister how close are you to offloading your analogue amps? Any closer? Not enjoying the Kemper? Wondering why the switch to Helix, if you don't mind me asking.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Im trying em all mate, and then deciding. The Kemper is a keeper either way, but the effects cant match the Fractal imho. But the Kemper is about having 10,000 amps in your room !! Ive yet to hear another modeller sound as good amp wise, but havent tried yours !!!

The Helix is about effects for me, amd the arrival of the DXR10 is a game changer. The routing options appeal on the Helix, and I like how itll work with Logic (maybe)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Im trying em all mate, and then deciding. The Kemper is a keeper either way, but the effects cant match the Fractal imho. But the Kemper is about having 10,000 amps in your room !! Ive yet to hear another modeller sound as good amp wise, but havent tried yours !!!

The Helix is about effects for me, amd the arrival of the DXR10 is a game changer. The routing options appeal on the Helix, and I like how itll work with Logic (maybe)
    That's a very good way of going about things! Good plan!

I guess I'd have liked to have been able to try a Kemper before making a decision, but am fairly sure I made the right decision for me knowing the way they both (Kemper/Fractal) work and profile/model the amp.

Glad you're liking the DXR10! :-)

There's no doubt the Helix is cutting edge in terms of routing and UI, it's a great unit. Let me know how you think the FX compare to your FX8.

The Fractal stuff is a bloody nightmare to get here in the UK - it's a huge outlay and can completely understand why a person would go Line 6 before considering even going near a Fractal unit.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    @Wazmeister for recording. Helix is awesome. .. and you could put the kemper in a helix loop... positioned anywhere in the chain!
    Does anyone know if the 'Performance mode' also available on the Floor Helix ?

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24568
    Sporky said:
    I s'pose the LT will be quicker to plug in if you're regularly moving it around - the back of the "full" Helix looks like Line6 had a connector-gun and kept firing until they ran out of space.

If I was buying again, knowing what I do now, I'd probably go for the rack version as I spend a fair bit of time tinkering with sounds and I'm too old and creaky-of-bone to sit on the floor for an hour.
    This is why I love my rack. At the moment it sits on my 2x12 cab.

Even that is a little bendy due to the top rack edge. I'm thinking of building a higher shelf for it.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Well my LT came yesterday thanks to DPD :) I had about 2 hrs with it then was out to see a mate's band. Back home and some family duties today but got a chance to plug it in this afternoon and I could honestly take it to my gig tonight - so simple to set up in 4CM - still got my lovely Victory amp sound but a whole slew of modelled amps (which can sit in the same preset!) I can go between in snapshot mode. 

On the fly editing is still in the LT for those asking and it works great. I really liked the scribble strips but the performance view is good enough for me at this price. The presets are even passable - and that's unusal in most modellers!

Gigging my FX8 tonight but not concerned about letting it go now :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Right.

LT it is for me.

Like @stratman3142 I prefer the look of the LT. The decider, however, is that the performance mode is LT only. I like the look of that, so Ill order an LT.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/9a46a4148bb5c199b2a008a40716688d.jpg
    Is there a LT Pdf Manual yet ?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited April 2017

Lt only isn't it? Helix has scribble strips instead.
    edited April 2017

Lt only isn't it? Helix has scribble strips instead.
    Yep, thats the tilt for me mate. LT it is 
    Yep - manual comes on a Helix branded USB pen in the box - will put it on Dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7msxqsahj5maf9/HelixLT_OM_English_v210_RevB.pdf?dl=0

edited April 2017
    Performance mode is good but I set mine up for Snap/Stomp so snapshots on 1-4 and 4 pedals you can put on or off within a patch on 4-8. So a snapshot can have stuff on or off that is not showing in performance view but is enabled or bypassed accordingly. Pretty much scenes on the FX8