The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    capo4th said:

However just like Brexit it's all lies and we won't have an extra 350 million a week for the NHS
    and we won't stop immigration and the poor people will still be fucked and a woman with silly hair and no brains will be in charge of the country.
    FTFY

I fear we're fucked either way.
    so long as the electorate manage to keep Diane Abbott away from government,
    we can rest assured that we'll be just a little less fucked..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    Jonathan Pie.

Nails hit firmly on heads. Quite brilliant at times.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Fretwired said:

That picture reminded me of Frankie Boyle's description of Theresa May;

"She looks like the ghost that haunts Margaret Thatcher's vagina..."

Harsh.

Funny, but harsh.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

No chance  ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478

That picture reminded me of Frankie Boyle's description of Theresa May;

"She looks like the ghost that haunts Margaret Thatcher's vagina..."

Harsh.

Funny, but harsh.
    I still struggle to shake off this description of Theresa May:-
    http://newsthump.com/2016/07/12/theresa-may-revealed-a-margaret-thatchers-final-horcrux/
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    I still like the Sontaran general's outfit…

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/89/49/c889498682bb46b3d6feb34f633f4c79.jpg

… which is completely genuine! And this one, which isn't.

http://i.imgur.com/MZuF2DH.jpg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    This is ace .. I remember seeing her wear it, although she could be more like Servalan .. she was charmingly evil .. she'd need a haircut though ...

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Yet the last polls have her at 49%. The council election results extrapolate to over 100 seat majority and there will be enough Tories in Hollyrood to stop Indyref2 dead in its tracks. Corbyn, Abbot and McConnel in offices of state is such a horrifying proposition that they risk killing Labour. Abbot was so bad on TV (asking to be the next home secretary in an interview with the public) it was pathetic. The people interviewing her were hardly Tories and fed her fairly easy questions (again she is the shadow home secretary, paid by the public to know such things and hardly new to either the job or politics). Even Micheal Foot (And Thatcher in 1983 was a far more formidible opponent than May) makes Corbyn look competent.

Labour are deader than the Tories in 97.   
    Hand it to Corbyn he has distanced himself from the Tories - snappy tag line - "Four weeks to take our wealth back."

He said: "Don’t wake on up on June 9 to see celebrations from the tax cheats, the press barons, the greedy bankers, Philip Green, the Southern Rail directors and crooked financiers that take our wealth, who have got away with it because the party they own, the Conservative Party, has won.

"Don’t wake on up on June 9 to see celebrations from the tax cheats, the press barons, the greedy bankers, Philip Green, the Southern Rail directors and crooked financiers that take our wealth, who have got away with it because the party they own, the Conservative Party, has won."

He was asked a number of times if Brexit meant Brexit - he dodged answering so some think Labour might not take the UK out of the EU.

Poor old Farron was live on Sky TV and was about to speak and the lights went out ... :-)

Ouch ...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I'm sure I heard a report on R4 this morning that Corbyn accepts the referendum result ofn Brexit (of course he does !) - thereafter it's all a bit woolly - Sadiq Khan says he understands the Tory and LibDem policies better than Labour's (but that was yesterday ;) ) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-labour-stance-unclear-sadiq-khan-new-statesman-interview-keir-starmer-a7725191.html

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Jalapeno said:
    I'm sure I heard a report on R4 this morning that Corbyn accepts the referendum result ofn Brexit (of course he does !) - thereafter it's all a bit woolly - Sadiq Khan says he understands the Tory and LibDem policies better than Labour's (but that was yesterday ;) ) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-labour-stance-unclear-sadiq-khan-new-statesman-interview-keir-starmer-a7725191.html

I think Mr Khan understands that once there is a vacum it needs filled. Corbyn has created a huge vacum in British politics. McConnel would like to fill it with Semtex no doubt....
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    I'll be voting for Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't mind May, though. I thought she was a pretty good Home Secretary.

I've followed this thread for a long time now, read almost every opinion, considered what's been said, added it to what else i see and hear in the outside world and made my decision.

I await my forum crucifixion  :)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    paulads said:
    I'll be voting for Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't mind May, though. I thought she was a pretty good Home Secretary.

I've followed this thread for a long time now, read almost every opinion, considered what's been said, added it to what else i see and hear in the outside world and made my decision.

I await my forum crucifixion  :)

Why? If you've checked the facts and like the guy and his policies then vote for him. My gripe is with people who moan and then don't vote ...

• SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    I have no idea who to vote for. It's such a gaggle of shits this time - worse than I can ever remember.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    I have no idea who to vote for. It's such a gaggle of shits this time - worse than I can ever remember.
    Looks like May will do well - however I hope enough people vote Labour to ensure she doesn't get a silly three digit majority. So if Labour is likely to win where you live vote for them.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Sporky said:
    This. All the Labour policies announced so far just seem a bit stupid to me, but I'd quite like there to be a recognisable NHS by the time the next general election rolls around, and I like the grassroots "anyone but the Tories / electoral reform" movement.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    edited May 2017
    Oh Lordy - Foxhunting ! - really ? That's the key vote winner ?  She really is trying to grab defeat from the jaws of victory ...... <shakes head and wanders off>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-fox-hunting-bring-back-ban-repeal-conservative-tories-general-election-rural-vote-a7726506.html

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    There might even be a last minute CPS 2015 Tory election fraud shitstorm...who knows...
    Jalapeno said:
    Oh Lordy - Foxhunting ! - really ? That's the key vote winner ?  She really is trying to grab defeat from the jaws of victory ...... <shakes head and wanders off>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-fox-hunting-bring-back-ban-repeal-conservative-tories-general-election-rural-vote-a7726506.html

Free vote - that's the countryside sorted. She's hoovering up seats she can win by getting back voters Cameron pissed off. I doubt the Commons will vote to renew fox hunting. It's a cunning stunt .. :-)