Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• DLM said:
    Has anyone tried Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch?
    Yes.. It’s one of the games I will miss
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27046
    DLM said:
    I tried the demo and enjoyed it. But not 40 quid enjoyed it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    65 Hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - holy crap - how! lol Really good game and it's been a while since I played a JRPG (being 47 and that :)) Still game on PC but got Switch for lunch breaks and times I hand around waiting on my kids at various places! 

• DLM said:
    There’s one a bit cheaper in the classifieds ;)
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    edited March 2018
    DLM said:
    Got it for £20 new on ps4 at launch. Worth it for the local multiplayer 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Vaiai said:
    65 Hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - holy crap - how! lol Really good game and it's been a while since I played a JRPG (being 47 and that :)) Still game on PC but got Switch for lunch breaks and times I hand around waiting on my kids at various places! 

I'm about 15 hours in and loving it.  The voice acting was a bit grating at first but I've got used to it now and love Nia's Welsh accent.

None of the recent Final Fantasy games have managed to scratch my JRPG itch like this Xenoblade does.  Wasn't sure on the combat to begin with but I'm getting into it now.  Seemed a bit hack and slash at first but once you get the hang of the various combo systems it becomes a lot more strategic.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that there are much higher level enemies wandering around which can come up behind you and one shot your entire party.  I get why they are there but they could have made it so that they don't aggro unless provoked.
    Smash Bros is coming...

Also Captain Toad, which is great because I never played it on Wii U but it looks great, and Okami HD which is really great because my wife will love it and she massively prefers the Switch controller to the PS4
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I've just watched the announcement. Within the space of 30 minutes, my life has just been owned!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    I'm hoping they follow the mk8dx model and include all the dlc from the last smash. That's assuming that this isn't a brand new smash? I dunno. 
    I think whatever they do right now it's going to be great. The momentum with the Switch just seems to be getting stronger and stronger. Honestly, I haven't been this excited about gaming for a long time.
    bbill335 said:
    I'm hoping they follow the mk8dx model and include all the dlc from the last smash. That's assuming that this isn't a brand new smash? I dunno. 
    All they’ve said is “the smash series is coming to Switch”, which is super-vague. If it was just Smash 4 DX I think they’d have said so and announced a date, but it’s just as odd not to call it #5 if that’s the case.

I wonder if it’ll be almost Smash 4.75, too much new stuff to just announce it as a port, but not quite enough to be a new game. I don’t care either way as I didn’t have it on WiiU

beed84 said:
    I think whatever they do right now it's going to be great. The momentum with the Switch just seems to be getting stronger and stronger. Honestly, I haven't been this excited about gaming for a long time.
    Yep. It’s telling that I didn’t touch my PS4 for so long after I got the Switch that Sony started sending me emails asking why I’d quit!

Assuming Smash and Metroid are any ever near as good as BOTW and Odyssey we’re in for s great ti
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28317
    Captain Toad on the WiiU was superb. Pretty and joyful and the difficulty ramped up nicely. Assuming the Switch version has new content then I will be buying it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139

beed84 said:
    Yep. It’s telling that I didn’t touch my PS4 for so long after I got the Switch that Sony started sending me emails asking why I’d quit!

Assuming Smash and Metroid are any ever near as good as BOTW and Odyssey we’re in for s great ti
    Same here - it's just a blu-ray player for me now! Very glad I never got around to buying the PS4 Pro and VR set!
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    Just thought I'd let people know that this is coming out very soon. Should be fun.

http://www.korg.com/uk/products/software/korg_gadget_for_nintendo_switch/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    New game time, what should I get?

I've got BOTW, Mario, Mariokart, Axiom Verge, night in the woods, Celeste and golf story.

Looking for something completely different so was thinking Doom or Bayonetta?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    edited June 2018
    Doom is meant to be good, but PS4/Xbox versions should be better if you have one of those. 

Bayonetta has great reviews but I just don't get it from watching vids online. 

To add a couple of ideas:
    - Mario/Rabbids is really waaayy better than it deserves to be. A brilliantly fun tactical RPG.
    - Skyrim is great if you haven't already played it on any of the other 14,000 formats it's been released and re-released on
    - Splatoon 2 is a really good a non-violent online shooter thingy
    - Rock League - again, mostly online. It's car football with rocket boosters. It's brilliant. Though again, the PS4 version is better if you have one of those.
    - Overcooked is the best collaborative shout-at-each-other-for-carrots simulator I've ever played. But does need multiple folks playing together to be really fun

Doom is great. It’s so much fun, incredibly brutal, and has one of the best soundtracks for a game I’ve ever heard.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited June 2018
    Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2.

Both are arguably the best in the genre and Bayonetta 2 was one of the best games on the Wii U.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    Yeah Bayonetta is probably my favourite action hack and slash game of all time. The second is good as well but just falls behind the greatness of the first imo.