Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    I'm personally looking forward to Starlink Battle for Atlas and Super Smash Bros. And I've got to get through Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Mario Odyssey yet. After I've finished Octopath Traveller that is!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been away for a while but come back to a whole bunch of notifications on this thread!
    How is everyone finding the switch online service? I signed up because it was cheap enough (£20). Having some NES games  seems like a very token gesture but have spent a happy hour or two blasting through some old favourites (Dr Mario, excite bike, other mario games).

Other than that, I've really been pouncing on games on sale. I picked up Bulb boy, overcooked and tumbleseed for barely more than a tenner in total. Overcooked was excellent, played coop through the campaign with my girlfriend and we'll definitely get the sequel. Bulb boy is nicely styled and quite good in a creepy sort of way - and I grabbed it for £2 in the sale. Similarly I've had my eye on tumbleseed for a while but didn't want to pay full price for it. Picked it up for a £4 and I'm glad I didn't pay full price! it's also a lovely styled game but it just isn't addicting enough to overcome the frustration when you die. I come back to it for another run every once in a while though.

As a PSA, it's well worth keeping track of the reddit e-shop deals page since the e-shop is not the easiest thing to search.
    Only just signed up to the online service last night. Seems pretty good to me for not that much outlay. 

Now that I've got a better paid job, I also finally got round to buying Mario Kart. Seriously, it's so much fun. I was thinking if we could maybe set up a theFretboard Mario Kart room and have tournaments etc? Not sure how it'd work, but I guess it's possible. What do people think?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

Has anybody had Joycon drift?

Ours randomly scrolls down.  We've re calibrated and gone through the checks but looks like a fault.
  • Not had that on the Switch yet but both my PS4 and Xbox controllers have had that problem. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    No. They've a pretty big dead area around centre so it must be bad to happen in spite of that.

If I can find Doom for £30 I'll get a pro controller to go with it.

I got Mario + Rabbids yesterday (gold edition in Smyth's is £30) and it's great, really tactical with quite a bit of depth despite the cutesy graphics. It's easy to get into but you can get some really in depth strategies going
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27162
    There's a chunky eshop sale on indie stuff until the end of the week. I just got Oxenfree for 4 quid :)

Limbo and Inside both quite cheap too if anyone hasn't already played them.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Limbo and inside are both great, I have limbo on Steam but hadn't played Inside prior to getting it on Switch.
    Oxenfree is worth the £4 although more interesting than amazing
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1387

Has anybody had Joycon drift?

Ours randomly scrolls down.  We've re calibrated and gone through the checks but looks like a fault.
    My blue lefty is currently with Nintendo's repair service due to x-axis drift/stickiness. Can't win on MK8 when you're constantly going left!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    My switch has been collecting dust for a while now. Would really like something great to come out soon to get me excited about it again, but this does seem to happen with most of my Nintendo consoles eventually.

Fingers crossed!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1387
    terada said:
    My switch has been collecting dust for a while now. Would really like something great to come out soon to get me excited about it again, but this does seem to happen with most of my Nintendo consoles eventually.

Fingers crossed!
    recommendations off the top of me head (stuff that pleasantly surprised me):
    -hollow knight
    -yoku's island express
    -bayonetta
    -shovel knight
    -20xx
    -bloodstained:cotm
    -steamworld dig 2
    I'm really pumped for this, it looks great. So glad it's coming to the Switch!

I really really enjoyed Yoku's. 

I'm vaguely interested in New SMB Deluxe but wondering how much I'll enjoy considering it's clearly less amazing than SMB3 or SMW.

Also very much looking forward to Yoshi's Crafted World. Looks like LittleBigPlanet with Nintendo characters and quality control.
    Got DK Tropical freeze in the sale and really enjoying that. Also enjoyed the Yoshi demo, though that’s obviously aimed at a younger crowd.

I’ve also been playing Tetris 99 though i find it rather stressful. I hit 8th place in my first game and have barely scraped the top 20 since.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    I’ve finally picked up Mario Party, it’s superb (for 2+ players / online).

Also, I grabbed Pokemon a while back. It’s fun, but a(n obvious) remake of red & blue/yellow, so it’s more of a nostalgia trip than any real excitement.
    My recent games have been dead cells and Undertale.
    Tried yoshis crafted world demo but didn't like it enough to spend the money on it.
    edited April 2019
    PSA of sorts:
    https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/04/nintendo-sale-on-switch-games/

Big sale starting 2pm today with significant reductions off both Zelda and Mario Odyssey if for some reason you haven't got them. I'll be picking up Doom at 50% off.

Also, if you enjoy difficult (REALLY difficult) games and really nice art style, Cuphead is out next week for £16. I have it on Steam and it's great (though unbelievably hard). Controls are really sharp though so when you die it's your own fault
    Ya, might grab Doom. Though I wonder if I might prefer it on PS4, as I'll be playing on the big TV anyway. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    I must be going blind, everything seems to be full price still?

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch.list
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried the eshop from your switch? I just got Doom for £25. I'm tempted by a couple of other things too (haven't played Skyrim in ages)

Zelda and Mario are both 33% off I think and Mario and Rabbids is down to £15, at which point I'd say it's essential if you like tactical games at all

Octopath and Xenoblade are both reduced too