Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4157
    edited April 2019
    Ah okay, I assumed it'd be reflected on the web store too! Will check later.

That's a good price for Doom (although the PS4/XB1 version can be had for £10 occasionally), might pick it up for something different. Looks like it hasn't dropped below £37 on Amazon before: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-219612-Doom-Switch/product/B075ND55T3?context=search

*edit* Bought the PS4 version instead, £8.04 on Amazon atm @stickyfiddle ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    strtdv said:

Octopath and Xenoblade are both reduced too
    i'm into getting octopath but i've got such a jrpg backlog atm

everyone should get DQ11 on Switch when it comes out. It's great and the Switch version looks to be only better.
    anyone playing Mario Maker 2? chuck your level codes up and I'll give them a play.

My level is FT7-K2S-3GG  - it's nowhere near as tough as some of the levels out there, just good platforming fun.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27158
    edited August 2019
    I've never quite felt the urge with SM Maker. All I see online is fiendishly horrible levels designed to make people cry rather than have fun?! 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Link's Awakening, and also have Gris, Superhot and FAR:Lone Sails on my to-play list. Both looks great, in very different ways. Still have to play Oxenfree as well, but feel that's something I have to be in the right mood for. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    - duplicate - 
    @stickyfiddle if you like SMB3 and SMW, mario maker is a no brainer!
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    @stickyfiddle Gris is just lovely, well worth a play.

I'm looking forward to link's awakening, and I might give Luigi's Mansion 3 a try when it comes out
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    strtdv said:
    @stickyfiddle Gris is just lovely, well worth a play.

I'm looking forward to link's awakening, and I might give Luigi's Mansion 3 a try when it comes out
    Yeah, LM3 should be great.

Which reminds me I still have to finish LM2 on the 3DS. I'm terrible at finishing anything long (hence looking more towards indie stuff like Gris and FAR)
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Since getting a GameCube (thanks @Shark_Eyes) the Switch rarely gets played these days. Mortal Kombat 11 was an utter disappointment, and I've not been interested by any recent releases.

However, Fire Emblem looks relatively appealing. Has anyone here got it/played it? And what else should I look at that might get me excited about my Switch again? 
    With the GC catalogue I've got lined up (like, ohmagod there's loads), it's possible that I might end up flogging the thing. Right now it's just an expensive Zelda/Mario-Kart/Smash Bros. machine!
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Fire Emblem is supposed to be the mutts nutts, I'd also give Xenoblade Chronicles a look (JRPG type thing, I played the Wii one and loved it)

Maybe try a multiplayer game, I love Overcooked, and have been recommended Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime too.
    Just finished Superhot. It’s the most innovative shooter I’ve played in years.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNES GAMES ARE HERE FOR ONLINE SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Mario World, Yoshi’s Island, Mario Kart, Link to the Past, Pilotwings, F-Zero, Super Metroid and a bunch of others. 

And they’re going to do a run of wireless SNES controllers like the NES ones last year. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    When is the pad coming out?
    edited September 2019
    When is the pad coming out?
    I don't think they've announced a date yet. Looks like Europe gets the proper 4-colour one as well, , and not the stupid purple US monstrosity. Tho depending on price I may just grab an 8bitdo one

Nintendo pad: 

8BitDo:

Yay for the 4 colour ones!
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I'd really like to play a classic version of Tetris on Switch, what are my options?

DLM said:

I'd really like to play a classic version of Tetris on Switch, what are my options?

erm...get a used one on eBay.  cheaper properly to get one of the latter ones but the old cart.
  • DLM said:

Not sure there is any option. There's Tetris 99 but that's a stressy vindictive ballache compared with regular with old school Gameboy Tetris
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@RaymondLin Sorry, a used what? I should have been clearer: I have a Switch, but the Tetris options I've googled up don't look like I can just play the really simple old-school game on my own. The look like they are for (online) multiplayer stuff: Tetris 99 and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Also, for context: I have the gaming literacy and ability of a single-cell organism.

In an ideal world, I'd be able to play the following on the Switch:

• Tetris
    • Lemmings
    • Chuckie Egg
    • Boffin (BBC Micro/Acorn game) 

To be honest, I'm so bad at gaming that those would probably last me for the rest of my life.

DLM said:

Not sure there is any option. There's Tetris 99 but that's a stressy vindictive ballache compared with regular with old school Gameboy Tetris
    I think I got to 9th place once.

I watched some online players and it is insane....