Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• Did 2 dungeons in Zelda: LA le weekend. Wonderful :) 

I bloody love Nintendo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Did 2 dungeons in Zelda: LA le weekend. Wonderful :) 

I bloody love Nintendo
    Me too – I do wonder what I'm doing selling my Switch... Astral Chain looks the mutts nuts!
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I borrowed a Gameboy Color from friends. With Tetris and a few other games. I really don't like playing Tetris with the Dpad is my first experience... maybe I'll get into it, but it mostly makes me pine for QWERTY keyboard controls. Oh, and a proper screen while I'm moaning...  
  • DLM said:
    I borrowed a Gameboy Color from friends. With Tetris and a few other games. I really don't like playing Tetris with the Dpad is my first experience... maybe I'll get into it, but it mostly makes me pine for QWERTY keyboard controls. Oh, and a proper screen while I'm moaning...  
    D-pad all the way, dude. But I grew up on Gameboys... 

As for proper screens, checkout reddit.com/r/gameboy for the mental range of mods you can do to old-school Gameboys - backlit screens, Li-ion batteries, etc etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    DLM said:
    U WOT M8?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    DLM said:
    you could be the only one who would prefer to use the joycons four D-buttons on the Switch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah... Unlike @Stickyfiddle, I didn't grow up with a Gameboy. Or any console, in fact. My first gaming experiences were all in the school computer room of a lunchtime, playing the stuff I listed in my post above. ^^ I never got into PC games since I got a computer for home use, either, only having downloaded Chuckie Egg from somewhere and imported Tetris from an ancient floppy. So that's how I'm used to controlling games: with the QWERTY keyboard! Unfortunately, the Tetris version I have won't run properly at the higher levels. I find the Dpad hard to adjust to on Mario Kart, though I might just not have put enough time into the game...

Library loaning Puyo Puyo Tetris is my next step, I think... 
    @bbill335 Yeah, I'll see if the controls are reassignable when I get my mitts on a Switch Tetris game to try.
    joneve said:
    DLM said:
    U WOT M8?
    Proper lolled at that.
  • Did 2 dungeons in Zelda: LA le weekend. Wonderful :) 

I bloody love Nintendo
    I'm going to regret asking this but is LA worth the £50?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2466
    I reckon not. I'd have it at £30. Seems like a lot of the appeal is nostalgia, and as I never played it when it was on the Gameboy that doesn't apply to me.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • At £30 I'd have bought it without hesitation. 

I've similarly never played any of the Gameboy Zelda games so I have no particular affection for LA but I enjoy the Zelda games in general and quite fancy a more traditional Zelda game after the open world behemoth that was Breath of the Wild. 

£50 does seem steep for a remake of a Gameboy game though. Might just play through Link to the Past again.
    Nintendo's 130th Anniversary today. Absolute lads.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    Am wondering about the new Zelda game but some of the reviews have said the dungeon maker feature is a bit tiresome? Is this a big part of the game or what?
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    Am wondering about the new Zelda game but some of the reviews have said the dungeon maker feature is a bit tiresome? Is this a big part of the game or what?
    no, there's 8 dungeons, a complex and lengthy trade sequence spanning the entire game, a dense overworld with tonnes to see, and the best Zelda story going.
  • I think the question of values is difficult. Clearly it's not as big or as long as BOTW, but it is a great game by itself. The dungeon creator thing is inconsequential, as far as I'm concerned, but the main game is great. I guess there's a little nostalgia, but I haven't played the original for getting on 25 years so it's not like I remember any detail. What I can say is it's great to look at, has an amazing musical score, and is fun to play. 

If you're on the fence then it's maybe worth waiting for a sale - it's not going anywhere :)
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    A lot of good Nintendo titles coming up for the end of the year.

LA, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield are on my list! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27157
    Honk! 
  • Just finished Far:Lone Sails. Very enjoyable, in a muchly-ennui sort of way. 

And got Luigi’s Mansion yesterday. Only about an hour in but it’s clearly magic :)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2466
    ^another title I'll get when it's under £40
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!