Manchester Arena explosion.

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Emp_Fab said:
    frank1985 said:
    But "terrorism is just part and parcel of living in a major city" isn't it? 

Stop trying to score political points at a time like this.  He never even said it FFS.  http://the-orator.co.uk/2017/03/sadiq-khan-part-and-parcel-remarks-are-fake-news/

What he actually said was "part and parcel of living in a great, global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police”.
    I live just outside of Manchester and work in Manchester and i cant say terrorisim is something that i worry about in my day to day life.

I'm much more concerned of the people who had one too many last night, the ones who cant use mirrors, the ones who believe in driving a foot from your bumper, people still too tired, the ones who are running late, so basically the every day person who is nearby on the motorway with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Just heard on news the perpetrator is no more....

The good people of Manchester came together to help each other in the mayhem, but sadly there is no happy ending.   

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

I am struggling to understand this. My daughter is a big fan of Arianna Grande - this was in essence a concert for kids. 

A terrible day 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Fucking hell I was going to go to this. I had ticketmaster open with tickets allocated, but I let the timer drop to zero and released my tickets because I decided it was too expensive. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I am always worried about suicide bombers in crowded areas of London. But, you have to get on with your daily lives and not be put off from going about the city. Yesterday, there were thousands of happy children and parents looking forward to enjoying a concert by their favourite singer while a despicable individual, or a group of individuals, who most likely live in our midst, were planning mayhem and carnage in an act of terrorism. The enemy is among us and they have to get lucky once. I feel so sad for the victims, and for our country today..    
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Last thing I read when I went to bed last night was a friend asking if anyone had heard a oiud band just now as he lives 300 metres from the venue. Woke up to see this. Utterly heart breaking.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    gubble said:

I am struggling to understand this. My daughter is a big fan of Arianna Grande - this was in essence a concert for kids. 

A terrible day 

Soft, easy target. Unlikely to be many men who could/would at least try to prevent it.

What's next? a school?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9666
    edited May 2017
    Could very easily be any one of us these days. RIP those poor souls.
    ^Exactly this. I guess many of us on this forum have children or grandchildren that regularly attend gigs, concerts, etc and it is just too easy to see how easily it could have been one of our own.

RIP.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Fucking terrible news.
    What a coward.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    Horrendous news.

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    What kind of horrible scum do you have to be to do something like this, to target kids makes it even worse, my heart goes out to the families, I can't imagine the pain and anguish those with loved ones they can't get hold of must be feeling right now. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    When we went to the O2 a couple of weeks ago I remember commenting to the missus about how silly all the metal detectors and airport style security was, before she rightfully put me in my place and told me I was an idiot, and what an easy target it would be. 

Shocking news to wake up to, especially in light of the target audience (not that any aged audience makes it any less tragic). 
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    My sister was there on Friday, so she is pretty weirded-out, a bit too close to home. But I guess if we all stay away from gigs now then such terrorist acts will have been a resounding success.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Awful. I found myself crying when I heard about that children are involved. Whoever did this is beyond evil and need to be prevented from doing this again, WHATEVER it takes.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Assuming this is Islamic terrorism, and let's face it, the odds are good that it is, I wonder what goes through someone's mind to justify this. Do they think that Allah and the Prophet will  we waiting at the gates of Heaven to congratulate them on killing 22 mums and daughters and severely wounding hundreds of others at a  music event?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently some people are putting out fake 'my relative is lost and I need to find them' tweets in order to get retweets.
    What is wrong with people?
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    I'm in Manchester and this morning I'm flipping between anger and sadness, but I'm damned sure I will do my very best to carry on exactly as normal today.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24276
    Steffo said:
    Awful. I found myself crying when I heard about that children are involved. Whoever did this is beyond evil and need to be prevented from doing this again, WHATEVER it takes.
    A screenshot of a Katie Hopkins tweet is being circulated on twitter (apparently now deleted) in which she appears to be calling for a 'final solution' this morning.

Would that approach be part of your "Whatever" it takes?

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited May 2017
    Assuming this is Islamic terrorism, and let's face it, the odds are good that it is, I wonder what goes through someone's mind to justify this. Do they think that Allah and the Prophet will  we waiting at the gates of Heaven to congratulate them on killing 22 mums and daughters and severely wounding hundreds of others at a  music event?
    You'd have to have a mind first.

These creatures are sub human. Fucking lowest form of creation.

Those poor families. RIP.
    Steffo said:
    A screenshot of a Katie Hopkins tweet is being circulated on twitter (apparently now deleted) in which she appears to be calling for a 'final solution' this morning.

Would that approach be part of your "Whatever" it takes?

She said 'true solution' I think, rather than 'final solution', unless you are talking about a different tweet.