Silver Jubilee Mini (2525h)

What's Hot

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited June 2017
    FarleyUK said:
    Done - deposit placed, picking mine up from Andertons on Wednesday, along with the 2 x 12 2536a vertical cab.
    Have a wisdom .

Teaching you to suck eggs but don't forget those new V30's will need a long time to bed in before sounding the best. I swapped the new ones out for old ones pretty much straight away and have now got an old V30 at the bottom and an old greenback in the top, sounds immense!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    photek said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Done - deposit placed, picking mine up from Andertons on Wednesday, along with the 2 x 12 2536a vertical cab.
    Have a wisdom .

Teaching you to suck eggs but don't forget those new V30's will need a long time to bed in before sounding the best. I swapped the new ones out for old ones pretty much straight away and have now got an old V30 at the bottom and an old greenback in the top, sounds immense!
    Cheers!

Yeah, was aware but thanks for the heads-up - will wait for the neighbours and the Mrs to leave before blasting it :)
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited June 2017
    Just received shipping confirmation that mine will be with me tomorrow 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Been considering the mini head and angled cab for a while post review and pics once landed plz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still waiting 

Hurry up UPS
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just keep watching and listening to the YouTube reviews....

Speaker and cab selection seems crucial with the head what do the Marshall experts recommend. 
    edited June 2017
    Great video that
    edited June 2017
    Not a Marshall expert but I have tried loads of speakers with mine. G12H30, G12M, V30, EV12L, old blackbacks and they all sound great.

Currently gigging it with an upright 2x12 with Greenback in the top and a V30 in the bottom, sounds fantastic like that, punch from the V30 in the bottom and a bit of 'give' from Greenback up top.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    Speaker and cab selection seems crucial with the head what do the Marshall experts recommend. 
    From what I've read online, majority of people seem to say the v30s are the way to go with this head.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited June 2017
    Are V30s what's in the Silver Jubilee 4x12? If so they're actually my least favourite I've tried with it! I'd say my ranking out of those I've tried is:

Creamback 75
    G12T75 - surprised me as I usually don't like these but the scooped mids seemed to smooth this out a bit. Record awfully though imo, so hollow
    Greenback 
    V30

Would like to try a G12H30 with it, or try it through my cab with one of them and a v30. I imagine the H30 would be similar to the creamback ?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    TTBZ said:
    Are V30s what's in the Silver Jubilee 4x12? If so they're actually my least favourite I've tried with it!
    The original Jubilees came with either G12T-75s or V30s as an upgrade option - I think most of the 4x12"s would have had 75s, although the combos seem more common with V30s.

I find the Jubilee a bit buzzy so I would generally avoid speakers with too much top-end and scooped mids. I haven't tried them with a lot of different speakers but for me they sound much better with V30s than 75s, also good with Classic Lead 80s, and I'd expect them to sound good with Creambacks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited June 2017
    It's here.... Can't upload a pic from the stupid Dropbox app, but looks amazing!

Currently playing around with the eq.....

Have to say - not blown away by it so far. Certainly doesn't sound like those demo vids..... :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Have to say - not blown away by it so far. Certainly doesn't sound like those demo vids..... :(
    New V30's?
    photek said:
    FarleyUK said:
    New V30's?
    Yeah, but would it really make that much of a noticeable difference...?

Just sounds incredibly harsh, and not smooth at all.

Tried changing the valves, as it was an ex display one - helped a bit (put JJ ECC83S in the preamps).
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    They can sound spiky, especially with v30's, i much prefer mine with creambacks. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    FarleyUK said:
    photek said:
    FarleyUK said:
    New V30's?
    Yeah, but would it really make that much of a noticeable difference...?

Just sounds incredibly harsh, and not smooth at all.
    V30s can sound *very* harsh and spiky straight out of the box. They're one of the speakers with the largest break-in change I can think of.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had the head and vertical 2x12 but didn't keep it. Found it shrill and the shared EQ was not ideal. Too loud for home yet not quite loud enough with a drummer. I regretted trading my JVM for a mini jube. To be fair much of the shrillness was likely the new V30s. It may work for some but it's not a very versatile amp.
    edited June 2017
    New V30's sound like tiny computer speakers haha. Really terrible. I remember buying a Bogner OS 2x12 with V30's and for the first week it sounded like a Fender Greta lol.

Seriously give it time, it will soon open up and warm up as well.

Stick a reverb in the loop as well if you have one, really helps warm it up a bit.