Silver Jubilee Mini (2525h)

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    timmysoft said:
    No response to my email today so will have to give them a phone call tomorrow. 
    Thats absolutely shocking customer service, the company i work for has over 150-200 emails/faxes/messages come in over a weekend and they're all responded to by 10.30am on a Monday. There really is no excuse for that, i'd be hanging the bastards out to dry. 

I would be expecting a PAT test on all second hand amplifiers at the very least, i know that by law they don't have to do anything, but most places that deal in used white goods have some sort of electrical safety test in place.

It's a pretty poor show that's for sure. Probably happy to deal with all the weekend orders but leave out all the complaint emails 
    You should come and boot the shit out of Edinburgh Council. They have a 5 day SLA on email replies and have never even come close in my experience

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited July 2017
    Righto I'm back with an update 

Amp went back and my refund has been processed just waiting for it to hit my account 

Had no trouble with them raising a collection though I've found their comms to be very slow and having to chase them several times for updates 

Im more concerned that the amp was delivered back to them on Monday afternoon and by yesterday it was relisted for sale again on their website 

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    I have an original 25/50 Silver Jubilee combo.  I swapped the speaker for a Celestion Sidewinder years ago and have all older Groove Tube valves in it.  It sounds great, though I tend to have it in the 50w mode most of the time.  I never use the Rhythm Clip as I really dislike the sound.  I actually use it in the house and used it in my apartment in London with no neighbour issues, as you can get a good sound at reasonable volumes.  Using it live, I have an extra 1x12 with another Sidewinder, and I am always getting compliments and questions about the amp, as it really sounds excellent.  If you can find a Sidewinder, I would recommend trying one, as they have an excellent tone (like a greenback with no speaker breakup). The only problem is the weight and the fact it only has a strap handle.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2017
    Funny how these rarely turned up second hand but now their popping up all over the place and at very good prices. Has the magic worn off I wonder 

I certainly wouldn't buy one used again after the issues I had. Would have to buy new to get that 3 year Marshall warranty but at £900 new I'm out 

Besides the fact that I only used the rhythm clip channel as I thought the lead was too harsh 

I bloody loved that channel but it's not worth £900 just for that 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I am still completely over the moon with mine. 40+ gigs and similar amount of rehearsals and it just gets better and better (although the power light is still very dim), rhythm clip is great and the lead channel with a Koko boost just screams for solo's.

Considering picking up one of the combo's as there are a few around the 500 mark but have a 2x12 and a 1x12 cab so it would probably be a bit unnecessary :/
  • photek said:
    I am still completely over the moon with mine. 40+ gigs and similar amount of rehearsals and it just gets better and better (although the power light is still very dim), rhythm clip is great and the lead channel with a Koko boost just screams for solo's.

Considering picking up one of the combo's as there are a few around the 500 mark but have a 2x12 and a 1x12 cab so it would probably be a bit unnecessary :/

I wonder if the combo sounds boxy at all. Also if Marshall are still being cheap and using appalling MDF for the cab 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    photek said:

You can have mine for £500 mate loaded with a v30!

photek said:

I wonder if the combo sounds boxy at all. Also if Marshall are still being cheap and using appalling MDF for the cab 
    I've not found the combo boxy in the slightest, maybe a bit nasal with the mids full up, but not boxy at all. The cab is a painted ply, ply looked to be of decent quality.

MDF isn't always a bad thing, it's technically bullet proof! 
  • timmysoft said:
    photek said:

You can have mine for £500 mate loaded with a v30!

photek said:

I've not found the combo boxy in the slightest, maybe a bit nasal with the mids full up, but not boxy at all. The cab is a painted ply, ply looked to be of decent quality.

MDF may be bullet proof but its cheap particle board that is bottom of the pile for cabs and tone. pleased that they've used ply though.

Now is the rhythm clip channel worth £500, mmmm 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72372
    timmysoft said:

So are Ovation guitars, apparently…

MDF may be bullet proof but its cheap particle board that is bottom of the pile for cabs and tone. pleased that they've used ply though.
    They have actually gone back to using ply on all the 'professional quality' gear now, as far as I know.

MDF is actually an ideal material for *some* speaker cabinets - studio monitors and hi-fi for example - because it's so acoustically dead, which is what you want for those. But not guitar cabinets. By comparison, particle-board is a tonewood…

Now is the rhythm clip channel worth £500, mmmm 
    For a pull-switch and two diodes? Not really.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I'm still after one, a head. Just need to sell my Budda Superdrive first !