Silver Jubilee Mini (2525h)

What's Hot

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    edited July 2017
    Cabicular said:
    Plectrum said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Used the amp for the first time live last night, using two Alto speakers for the wet fx. The DI from the jubilee was far too quiet to use, so had to use an amp sum on the Helix for the alto's. Sounded great though.

Could the DI have been quiet as I had the Jubilee master at 7 and the lead at about 2? Gigging again tonight so will try lead on 7 and master lower.....

PS. Am only using the lead channel.

Why don't you just use the amp the way it's supposed to be used? I can't imagine you played anywhere where a 25 watt valve amp wouldn't be loud enough on it's own?
    It's supposed to be used however the the person that bought it, wants to use it mate..
    Anyway I think you've nmisunderstood what the Altos are for. 
    They provide the stereo FX so the amp itself can provide its pure driven tone

Ah I see now. Sorry I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to these things
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited July 2017
    Well mine is going back now as its developed 2 faults in the past few days.

The input jack socket is now temperamental and the presence knob no longer works at all so i'm pretty naffed off.

More to the point it's secondhand from Mansons and i've got 14 days money back guarantee and i'm now on day 19 so just my bloody luck as to be fair i don't want it back if its done all this this soon and as its secondhand i'm now assuming its possibly been abused

They're closed today as it's sunday so i'll have to see what they say tomorrow but as its only 5 days outside the 14 day money back period i'm hoping they'll be sensible and just give me the refund. should they dig their heels in do i have any rights to push it further i.e getting my credit card company involved

Probably jumping the gun but some of these shops can be right arseholes so want to be prepared

Edit: just read online that the law states i'm entitled to a full refund should an item develop a fault within 30 days. Bet they still make me pay for return shipping though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467

The input jack socket is now temperamental and the presence knob no longer works at all so i'm pretty naffed off.

More to the point it's secondhand from Mansons and i've got 14 days money back guarantee and i'm now on day 19 so just my bloody luck as to be fair i don't want it back if its done all this this soon and as its secondhand i'm now assuming its possibly been abused

They're closed today as it's sunday so i'll have to see what they say tomorrow but as its only 5 days outside the 14 day money back period i'm hoping they'll be sensible and just give me the refund. should they dig their heels in do i have any rights to push it further i.e getting my credit card company involved

Probably jumping the gun but some of these shops can be right arseholes so want to be prepared

Edit: just read online that the law states i'm entitled to a full refund should an item develop a fault within 30 days. Bet they still make me pay for return shipping though.
    I've had Manson's try to hit me with a 'restocking fee' before. That shouldn't apply if its faulty, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    @Fortheloveofguitar thats worrying!
  • simonk said:

I've had Manson's try to hit me with a 'restocking fee' before. That shouldn't apply if its faulty, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.

Thanks for the heads up buddy. Should be ok as it's definitely knackered  
  • photek said:
    @Fortheloveofguitar thats worrying!
    Not a happy bunny right now. Trouble is that so many of these shops don't fully test or check every secondhand item they take in and i don't know how this has been treated by its past owner.

A friend of mine had a used cornford carrera from a store years ago that had issues on arrival and when he sent it back they opened it up and said that it had been tampered with inside and accused him of doing it, the bastards. That's one of the problems when they obviously can't test every aspect of every amp that they take in. 

Hoping it will be an easy process as i want a full refund but prepared to get the CC company involved should i get any shit at all from them
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

That's one of the problems when they obviously can't test every aspect of every amp that they take in.
    Yes they can. And should.

It's not just to make sure it's working correctly - it's absolutely necessary, to make sure no-one has tampered with anything and made it potentially dangerous (including changing fuse values etc). Any shop which doesn't carry out a full internal inspection and test on *every* amp they take in second hand, or even returned under online sales rules, is leaving itself wide open to problems sooner or later.

Every single amp, no matter how new, which comes into the shop I work for will be fully tested before it goes out. Just once, a long time ago, they didn't - an amp had come in while I was on holiday, and another customer came in looking for one so they sold it to him. Unfortunately, it then cost them quite a lot in warranty repair work when it turned out that it wasn't in a fit state to have been sold and blew up… so they won't do that again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Just read online again that they will have to cover the return postage as its faulty :)

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    As I recall Mansons  don't have an in house amp tech. They used to farm it all out to V amps near Honiton. That might of changed though. Just watch them as they'll sell their Granny for a 50p profit :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    As I recall Mansons  don't have an in house amp tech. They used to farm it all out to V amps near Honiton. That might of changed though. Just watch them as they'll sell their Granny for a 50p profit :)

Now that I know my rights I'm confident it'll get sorted swiftly

If not I'm already prepared to let the CC deal with it as it's cut and dry in their eyes 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited July 2017
    Sent them an email so I have everything in writing should I need it 

Sure it will be fine but I've had problems in the past with GG and Andertons 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Stick it to em and if they give you any grief let them enjoy the free publicity this thread will provide them.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Damn mate, sorry to hear that - although selfishly I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on that one, as it was about to go in my basket when you purchased it ;)

Speaking of guitar shops not testing amps - the JVM410H I P/X'd for my 2525h wasn't checked at all - I'd modded it a lot, and showed the guy all of them, even offered to show him the work inside, but they declined. Thought that was a bit odd.
  • FarleyUK said:
    Damn mate, sorry to hear that - although selfishly I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on that one, as it was about to go in my basket when you purchased it ;)

Speaking of guitar shops not testing amps - the JVM410H I P/X'd for my 2525h wasn't checked at all - I'd modded it a lot, and showed the guy all of them, even offered to show him the work inside, but they declined. Thought that was a bit odd.
    This is exactly what I mean that shops are taking in vast levels of used gear and nor fully testing it 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    FarleyUK said:

I hope they had their tech go through it thoroughly before it went out on sale - not because I doubt your work, but because they would be crazy not to given some of the horrors you find in modded amps… which then would get sold to unsuspecting customers, if they aren't checked.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    ICBM said:
    FarleyUK said:

I hope they had their tech go through it thoroughly before it went out on sale - not because I doubt your work, but because they would be crazy not to given some of the horrors you find in modded amps… which then would get sold to unsuspecting customers, if they aren't checked.
    Agreed.

The mods were only splicing one of the wires, and adding a switch etc., but even so - you'd hope that all stores would be checking every amp (and guitar) fully before selling.
  • No response to my email today so will have to give them a phone call tomorrow. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    No response to my email today so will have to give them a phone call tomorrow. 
    Thats absolutely shocking customer service, the company i work for has over 150-200 emails/faxes/messages come in over a weekend and they're all responded to by 10.30am on a Monday. There really is no excuse for that, i'd be hanging the bastards out to dry. 

I would be expecting a PAT test on all second hand amplifiers at the very least, i know that by law they don't have to do anything, but most places that deal in used white goods have some sort of electrical safety test in place.
  • timmysoft said:
    No response to my email today so will have to give them a phone call tomorrow. 
    Thats absolutely shocking customer service, the company i work for has over 150-200 emails/faxes/messages come in over a weekend and they're all responded to by 10.30am on a Monday. There really is no excuse for that, i'd be hanging the bastards out to dry. 

I would be expecting a PAT test on all second hand amplifiers at the very least, i know that by law they don't have to do anything, but most places that deal in used white goods have some sort of electrical safety test in place.

It's a pretty poor show that's for sure. Probably happy to deal with all the weekend orders but leave out all the complaint emails 
  • ICBM said:
    FarleyUK said:

When I traded in my Laney they just took it. About an hour later it was on sale, untouched - definitely didn't peek inside. 

I was a bit surprised, especially as the charity shop I volunteered in couldn't take in electrical as they didn't have someone to test them.