Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240 said:

Are people flogging / buying gear there as well?
    and the question I feared the most has been asked...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27574
    spark240 said:
    Whats the base colour?...Black / White?
    White - our logo doesn't work so well on black, it was designed for the white background webpage.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    TTony said:
    @Vinylfan ;;;
    M = 38-40
    L = 42-44
    XL = 46-48
    2XL = 50-52

It's not "top secret", just to be revealed on the day, using our usual design but tweaked to reference the jam specifically.  And I'm still messing about with options!  It's not anything design-clever or arty, mainly because I'm doing it.

We usually do these as fund-raisers for the coffers, but these ones are at cost (or slightly less than), so you can all wear them to the next Guitar Show and make everyone else jealous, and to really raise the ID in any videos/pics that get taken and posted afterwards.
    Not going to get left out.

@TTony - can I have a medium, please. Cash on the day, if that's okay with you.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @TTony XL please sir.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    @TTony  I'm still L
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    There any good guitar shops in Leicester these days?  I remember one on a side street not far from the town centre from my university days, that was a long time ago though.

Bought a Mex Strat in there in 2003, still got it
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    There any good guitar shops in Leicester these days?  I remember one on a side street not far from the town centre from my university days, that was a long time ago though.

Music Junkie is the best one I've found.

They're really great staff in there and a good range of stock.
     @GavRichList goes in there a fair bit I think?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Suppose I better get a tee shirt @TTony - XL for me
  • Alnico said:

Music Junkie is the only music shop in Leicester that have got with the program RE internet pricing, have purchased a Yamaha drum kit , Alesis PA over the past year, very good service, nearly got a Blackstar amp too but found a used Trace Elliot instead..

not to far from Quad either
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Sheehans is still there, virtually next door to the station if anyone is travelling by train and has time to kill.
    That said last time I went in it was strangely devoid of stock.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    Alnico said:

Music Junkie is the only music shop in Leicester that have got with the program RE internet pricing, have purchased a Yamaha drum kit , Alesis PA over the past year, very good service, nearly got a Blackstar amp too but found a used Trace Elliot instead..

not to far from Quad either
    Cool, if I stay overnight thats on my Sunday to do list then!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    edited July 2017
    If any of you guys and/or gals would like one of the jam t-shirts, please let me know as soon as ... I have a soon to expire discount offer from our usual supplier, hence the hurry.

£5 ea - this isn't a fund raiser (as they'll cost slightly more), just a thing for the day.

@Octatonic
    @TheBlueWolf
    @MarkBlagdon
    @Handsome_Chris - 5XXXL
    @Horse
    @ChrisMusic
    @TheOtherDennis
    @JonnyBradford - XL
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    @TTony can I change mine from L to XL please. 

Based on checking out my original thefretboard founder member grey one (or that massive pie I ate last night). 
  • TTony said:
    If any of you guys and/or gals would like one of the jam t-shirts, please let me know as soon as ... I have a soon to expire discount offer from our usual supplier, hence the hurry.

£5 ea - this isn't a fund raiser (as they'll cost slightly more), just a thing for the day.
    :)

Hi Tony,
    Stick me down for an XL please

cheers
    Jon
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6838
    TTony said:

@Octatonic
    @TheBlueWolf
    @MarkBlagdon
    @Handsome_Chris
    @Horse
    @ChrisMusic
    @TheOtherDennis
    @JonnyBradford
    Not for me thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @TTony can I change mine from L to XL please. 
    Done

Stick me down for an XL please

And also done
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @TTony .....I've been asked to ask you if Natasha can have one as well please?
    She's a medium.
    She's very proud of us all doing this and wants a t shirt to wear herself so she can tell people about this place when they ask her what it's about.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    After much careful consideration, promulgation and general rumination, my thoughts are as follows:

- Main room, centred on beginners, with a set list of 20 songs (will pick these tonight) for all to look at, learn if you want, learn some, or just one and then we will run a list with each song and who wants to have a go at it. We will do this organisation in the main "songs" thread

- Second room, dedicated mostly to setup, amp and guitar geekiness, practice, chat, discussion and storage, with a small (max 6) song set list of advanced tunes which will be spaced out so for most of the time the action will be in the beginners room. Again, list to be discussed and players sorted out on the "songs" thread.

I think this is the best balance to keep as many happy as possible.

For the main room I want as many as possible to have a go, so if we run through some songs twice to give people a chance on the more popular stuff then so be it. I will ask @TTony to unlock the songs thread later tonight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    After much careful consideration, promulgation and general rumination, my thoughts are as follows:

- Main room, centred on beginners, with a set list of 20 songs (will pick these tonight) for all to look at, learn if you want, learn some, or just one and then we will run a list with each song and who wants to have a go at it. We will do this organisation in the main "songs" thread

- Second room, dedicated mostly to setup, amp and guitar geekiness, practice, chat, discussion and storage, with a small (max 6) song set list of advanced tunes which will be spaced out so for most of the time the action will be in the beginners room. Again, list to be discussed and players sorted out on the "songs" thread.

I think this is the best balance to keep as many happy as possible.

For the main room I want as many as possible to have a go, so if we run through some songs twice to give people a chance on the more popular stuff then so be it. I will ask @TTony to unlock the songs thread later tonight.
    Sounds like an ideal way to utilise two rooms and give both learners and experienced folks what they're after.

Great solution.
  • I'd love to come along please if there is still space. Happy to drive anyone from N London/Herts area too.